SKSE64

Bethesda can do it all in a week due to their access to the source code. But their past refusal to do so and what happened today with the FO4 Creation Club update that breaks every mods using F4SE shows quite clearly they don't care enough about the PC Modding community to do so.

Having said that, (shameless plug) SexLab Light SE was just released, not relying / waiting on SKSE64 so ... Many other mods have found workarounds too.

Bethesda can do it all in a week due to their access to the source code. But their past refusal to do so and what happened today with the FO4 Creation Club update that breaks every mods using F4SE shows quite clearly they don't care enough about the PC Modding community to do so.

Having said that, (shameless plug) SexLab Light SE was just released, not relying / waiting on SKSE64 so ... Many other mods have found workarounds too.

Hol up! Creation Club broke FO4 games using F4SE??? I haven't played in a while so I haven't seen it. If thats true, this is some EA?Activision level bullshit

Because you're ignoring the people making skse and getting bethesda involved in more bullshit with dlc and dictating HOW MODDING WILL BE DONE if you can't understand why that is completely fucking obtuse that is for the long term health of the modding community I have some nice arizona beachfront you can pick from me as well.

How quickly we forget the CK didn't even ship with Skyrim and people just waited.

or incur the wrath of everyone, lol.

I'm not sure that's much of a threat to them, judging from their FO4 Creation Club release and mod-breaking update today.

I'm sure they have done the math and concluded that the financial net loss from PC mod users getting pissed is less than the net gain from under-informed users buying into micro-transactions. 

As for SKSE64, they're too lazy to do something that would take so little effort on their part, probably because they don't see the financial gain in it: why make something that benefits experienced PC mod users who got SSE for free and will never touch the Creation Club? Their Creation Club modders aren't people who rely much on SKSE64 much (DDProductions, Elianora and co), I think. They definitely don't need a script extender so that their interns can pump out backpacks and horse armors either. So why do it?

Honestly, if Bethesda released SKSE64 for $10 (they won't cause of the backlash) , I would not complain and buy I mean you'd still have the choice to play Oldrim anyway.

That said, i would say they have there head in the sand if they think making SKSE64 is unprofitable Oldrim is way more popular than SE and if they want to sell mods on SE it would make sense to add there version of SKSE64. Either way, Bethesda is not what it used to be it seems to be so focused on profits now to the point there so blind and think horse armour is a good idea again LMAO.

It's sad cause if this is the direction there going Elder scrolls 6 could be epically bad for the modding community.

Yeah, but what's the harm?  I mean, if we provide a united front, generate some press, they might just have to do it or incur the wrath of everyone, lol.

what do you have in sse texture bsa? some crap inferior to textures packs

a few modders could have pick textures for them, less stuff to take care of and much better result

nope, they have just run something to resize the texture to 2k and add some noise to it

and you think bethesda will decompile skse, mess with it to make compatible with sse, and release that?

if you switch to sse, it's bye bye skse, that's all

Yeah, but what's the harm?  I mean, if we provide a united front, generate some press, they might just have to do it or incur the wrath of everyone, lol.

what do you have in sse texture bsa? some crap inferior to textures packs

a few modders could have pick textures for them, less stuff to take care of and much better result

nope, they have just run something to resize the texture to 2k and add some noise to it

and you think bethesda will decompile skse, mess with it to make compatible with sse, and release that?

if you switch to sse, it's bye bye skse, that's all

64 has a stronger infrastructure to handle heavy modding.  That's the point, not the textures.

bethesda didn't bother putting unof patch, meshes with fixed uv map, textures packs, or any mods in sse

there's just a few plants here and there, for the sake of saying they add something

sse it's just to re sell skyrim to the new consoles

because of that you are still waiting for mods to be ported

and i doubt you will make bethesda release a dlc only for pc users, that would be a port of someone else stuff, for the 0.5% of mods that have a use for it

don't look like your stronger infrastructure have convince much players

170830072057824513.jpg

170830072053151688.jpg

bethesda didn't bother putting unof patch, meshes with fixed uv map, textures packs, or any mods in sse

there's just a few plants here and there, for the sake of saying they add something

and i doubt you will make bethesda release a dlc only for pc users, that would be a port of someone else stuff, for the 0.5% of mods that have a use for it

170830072057824513.jpg

170830072053151688.jpg

Yeah, that's sort of the point.  Lack of SKSE is why people haven't moved over.

I´d never change to x64-skyrim..no need-and no wish. The only reason for me to change to that skyrim, could be depending on access to originally developer´s software-then okay...but that won´t happen.

And you forgot that lot of mods are made in the past that will not be adoptable ever or will never be supported further. Specially the stuff here on LL, (Lot of authors are gone and don´t be active anymore).

Skyrim SE also is looking different and not the same anymore, it´s not better, it´s only different.

The power of the old 32bit system is far strong enough if you are modding within the rules of the develloper. The creativity is so far unlimitless.

I think that SE skyrim will never become to be modded like the original version did.

Kicking the old version with 4k-textures doesn´t make too much sense and ends with graphical issures. It´s often not the aspect of higher resolution, instead it´s the texture itself that is made "weak", or specially created "weak". But I really think it doesn´t matter too much and you can choose between playing the game or create some youtube vids and make nice screenshots with 20-30 fps, your descision. But same is happening on 64bit - graphical supported games...lot of particles are scewing the engine power down (first of all smoke and shaddow lightning, light effects, shaddow and so on)...and this discussion will be an everlasting repetition also then, if they are on 128bit engines---

---simply enjoy the "charme" of the old skyrim:-))

170830072057824513.jpg

170830072053151688.jpg

Yeah, that's sort of the point.  Lack of SKSE is why people haven't moved over.

There are some heavily SKSE dependent mods out there, but most mods that require SKSE only use the MCM and those work fine in SE already.  You just don't get the MCM.  There's quite a few officially ported SE mods that still include the MCM menu so it will just work when/if SKSE64 happens but until then it causes no problems being there.  Vinfamy's lightning fast port of a stripped down Sexlab proves that even mods that are heavily SKSE dependent can be tweaked to work in SE with a bit of work.  Sure, there are some things that are just not possible without it but most things have workarounds that can be done in papyrus.

Honestly, at this point the only things I miss from Oldrim are the MCM menu, a few sexlab mods, and subsurface scattering.  Everything else I had in Oldrim either already works or I have found a better replacement for.  Close to 100 GB of mods including a much heavier script load than I had in Oldrim and it never crashes, gets better frame rate, and other than lighting effects on skin, it looks better.

I'll definitely be happier when/if SKSE64 comes but if it never does I don't really care at this point.  SE without SKSE is already better than Oldrim with SKSE overall IMO.

Only thing i miss from Oldrim is racemenu but I can make some awesome looking characters without it. Porting most mods over to SSE is super simple, a lot don't even need porting XD and getting animation mods from oldrim to work with SSE is super easy too. So i mean SSE modding is doing pretty good if you take the time.

Archived