His Legacy - Episode 01

VengeanceXXX

main_menu.png

-His Legacy-

This story begins a week after the events of "Dancer and A lustrous Stage" and served as the first main entry of the story. It's not essential to play the prequel, but it will help you understand things better if you did.

"His Legacy" tells a story about Ethan, an orphan who lost his family in a car accident. He ended up being alone, but eventually he met others that became a part of his childhood when he was growing up. Gina was his best friend, someone Ethan learned to lean on when he felt the world was cold and bitter. She was the warmth that he desperately needed in his life.

However, his misfortunes didn't end here. There are people behind him that are jealous of his close relationship with Gina, and wanted them apart.

Were they successful? Only time will tell.

Now, he chose to move away to start a new life with Karen's help.

Ethan's new life became significantly different than what he expected. He will learn that being involved in matters concerning the Mafia had their own consequences..

Following this release, I have edited "Dancer and A lustrous Stage" to fit the new continuity.

Download link(s) :

PC VERSION

MAC VERSION

-Continuity-

Promo_Image.png

Prequel : "Dancer and A Lustrous Stage"

PC LINK

MAC LINK

Opinions in the spoler

Note, I am just one dude with one opinion. I might be the only one who has these views so don't freak out if I say something negative.

• So this is a first person POV game. Not my cup of tea personally.
  • Mind Control/Corruption seems to be the theme from intro. At least you created a sensible story for it. Still odd that it takes the drugs way beyond puberty to take effect. I know you need him to be 18 by the rules of most game sites. Still it's a little weird.
  • I'm getting an incest vibe for the game. /sigh I'm not a fan of incest.
  • There are a few errors in sentence syntax, and such. Not common, but I saw a few.
  • Mothers appearance. I like that she has thick thighs, it gives her a more elderly look for me. Still looks younger than 40 but not so much so it is distracting.
  • The sisters appearance is beautiful but it doesn't look like a model to me. Models tend to be skinnier, while Gina is full of curves. Personally I would slim the thighs a little and maybe even slim her tits a little too. Gina looks more an actress than a model currently.
  • I'm confused with the behavior of everyone. The mom and sister both kisses you on the lips? WHAT? That is not normal behavior! If you are trying to show that this is the drugs effect comment that they never acted this way before, but somehow they are drawn to you.
  • The main character is getting an erection from family members? That is not normal. You need to explain why so it makes sense. Is it the drugs he took? Like the point above then point out that this is a new reaction.
  • The writing seems to need some editing to be honest, it feels a little long. The dialogue seems like a good length, it's that so much is explained that it drags. You do need to explain things, but it feels just a little long.
  • Ohhh add a way to skip text faster. People are going to want to replay to see different actions and they don't want to reread everything.

It's a really good starting point for a VN, but we need direction. What's the direction of the story? The sex stuff is nice but that in itself shouldn't be the stories goal. I assume it is relating to this drug that mutated his DNA. It's hard to speculate since there is nothing to extrapolate from. 

This needs work, but every game of this type does. I like that you are trying to create a world, and there is some immersion being created. Keep up the good work.

@XJ347

There is a skip option it's hidden but can be found by doing this. Start the game and click load then hit the X to close it and a gear will be there in the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is as a save option found there as well. Right clicking the mouse button also brings this screen once it's no longer hidden. Clicking the skip will advance the text till it hits the next spot where you have to pick something.

Seem alright would be nice if you could see what stats you have with each person. Mother looks old enough to me don't want to make her too old or some will ignore her and pay more attention to the daughter instead of both. Some spelling errors and what not in the dialogue. 

hmmm sounds like the setup for a mind control game.... I like this

Im downloading and will try... if it is mc/corruption you might want to consider posting to hypnopics as well

edit:

That was pretty short even for an alpha demo. Writing needs a few polish passes but is workable. I agree it would be nice to have some kind of UI element so you can look at stats like the desire and attraction things.

I also like that this has a main character that isn't like 'HOOO YEAH!! INCEST TIME!!' I'm not terribly fond of the genre but have nothing really against it either, but its nice that the protagonist is uncomfortable with it and wonders why his Mom and sis are all over him.

There's a good start here but I cant really offer more C&C with how short it is. This just does not give much indication where you want to go with the story or game.

The game's off to a pretty decent start but, I agree, it is very short for a demo. It gives a decent enough lead in to the plot line and sets up that your Mom and Sister are very close to you due to the effects of the serum but that's about it so far. I checked the game for the gear and the right click feature you said brings up the UI but there's no indication of them. The lower right corner is empty and right clicking or hitting Esc only minimizes the chat box. 

So, incest genre is fine with me. It's not a personal favorite kink of mine but just about every one of my favorite 3D erotic games / visual novels is based around it, for reasons unknown. Ethan seems like a decent guy, if a little on the immature side in regards to dealing with his Mother and Sister. I had no problems playing in his shoes per se. The character models are well done Daz works, but I have to say I was not attracted to the Mother's face at all. There's something a little off about how large her mouth and jaw are and how her eyes tilt downwards on the outsides. Having her face GREATLY magnified as the first visual of the game was a tad alarming. I had no problems with her body. It's just a bit of a shame because Gina and Clara are both pretty gorgeous. I did like that there were variations in the figures of the girls as well. A lot of game devs tend to just have one type of figure and stick with it with only minor changes. If every girl in your game has huge tits and wide hips it gets pretty monotonous... and tits should never be monotonous.

Design wise the game was alright. The afore mentioned lack of a UI was a little annoying but I had no problem with the layout or the 50% transparent chat box. The text was a little slow but clicking twice made it appear faster, so no worries there. The fade ins and outs were also kinda slow. The rendered backgrounds were nice in the visual novel style, one shot with different lighting for different parts of the day. I did think that you had a few too many close ups of the characters. I got the idea that the Mom and Gina get too close to Ethan for his own comfort but visually it was distracting. I felt like I needed to sit back further from the monitor. Close ups from when they were cuddling in bed or he was hugging them was fine. Mr. Dots uses that technique a lot in "Dating My Daughter" and it works wonderfully but only when used infrequently. 

Overall I think you're off to a decent start. Your design is pretty solid and the story's young but has potential. Consider adding a lot more content before you put out another demo / alpha. I'll be looking forward to seeing where you go with the game. Good luck.

EDIT:  Oh, one more bit I forgot. I don't know if it's a regional thing or what but the Mom and Gina both said "Ow" a lot instead of "Aww." Aww is what you say when something is adorable, ow is when something is painful. Er, at least where I live.

@Sarathis

I went back in to get the gear to appear and it wasn't there but I quickly found it. Start the game and click load then hit the X to close it and the gear will be there in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Once the gear is no longer hidden then the right click will work.

post-25667-0-90999000-1489723413_thumb.png

Hey guys, Thanks for the feedback!

I'll try to focus more on a further shot from now on. I tried to experiment with the PoV thing, didn't turn out to be as good as I wanted. 

My english is also, well, not the best to say the least. I'll try to improve those from now on.

@Sarathis

I went back in to get the gear to appear and it wasn't there but I quickly found it. Start the game and click load then hit the X to close it and the gear will be there in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Once the gear is no longer hidden then the right click will work.

Confirmed, this works. Nice spot.

Thanks for sharing your game demo with us, VengeanceXXX. And don't worry about making small mistakes with your English. No need to apologize. I can guarantee you speak better English than I do your language. 

May want to consider a name change, as there is already a game with the exact same name, and it will only cause confusion. Even something simple like "His legacy" or "Her legacy", depending on whom you are referring to in the original title.

Don't worry about the comments of lip kissing, as there are plenty of families where this is a normal thing, depending on your culture and background. However, the way in which it is done in this novel is a little more intimate than a family kiss.

Small update on the scenes:

I decided to change how close all of the shots was. Previously the face covers most of the scene, now it's from the chest to the face.

Some scenes, like hugging are not changed, however. 

previous:

Sra60CO.png

New:

OobM2aB.png

I also changed majority of the lightings for rendered characters.

Previous:

9V63IXX.pngE0FUEiE.png

Regarding how Karen(The Mother) looks:

I do understand that she looks old and to most of us, pretty terrible. That was a decision I made from the start for her to look this way.

I don't have plans to change how she is. Don't take this the wrong way, it's not as if I don't want to listen to feedback, but she looks exactly the way I wanted her to look.

Maybe I have a fucked up sense of beauty, but from all the characters I made so far, she is the closest one to what I wanted.

In fact, some of the characters I planned for the future will have the same problems that Karen had. They're not perfect, and majority of them had flaws. I want a clear distinction between someone that is truly beautiful, someone's who is just normal, and someone who doesn't fit what most people consider as beautiful.

Again, I care about your feedback and suggestions, and I know this is an adult game, and I understand that how a character looked will make or break the game, but this is one of the things that I don't want to see changed.

If she truly is horrendous and I failed to display her in an attractive manner, I'll remove her from this game completely.

Great demo! We all have different sense of beauty, and mother actually looks beautiful and unique to me.I liked her a lot, even more than other girls. She's not just typical, like in many similar games. She's much more "realistic". Gina pretty good too. And i liked how they both very different. 

I just updated this to v 0.02

This update doubles the length of the demo with more story elements. Hopefully this is enough to give a picture of how the story is.

I had to remove the stat system temporarily, since right now it's absolutely useless and I have better ideas for implementation in the future.

All the scenes are reworked graphically, hopefully this one is better and is more attractive for more people out there. The same goes to the characters.

The gear icon is fixed, now it displays all the time.

Comments, again are very appreciated. Especially on the scene images. I'm curious to see whether this current implementation is better than the previous one.

Feedback on spelling and grammar errors are welcome as well, I don't have the required skill to correctly assess these problems.

I have more vision of the story right now, most of the building blocks are in place and I'll start introducing a new character soon(ish) after I finished the gameplay loop.

The moms new appearance is odd now. The eyes look off, but other than that it's all good. She feels unique.

Sister looks older to me now for some reason. Sexy as hell! She is fine as is.

Note the Mother and daughter don't look related to be honest. The skin tone seems soooooo different. Different hair tint. Eyes are a different color, and the VASTLY different eye shape. Natural lip color is different. It's almost like they are 100% totally different other than they share the same height. While you want them to not be carbon clones of each other, you also want them to look related.  Personally I think the eye shape should be the same as the daughters, and match their skin tone.

Obviously I am just one dude, don't change anything on my opinion alone.

I didn't have any problem with how scenes looked before. New one good, but i'm personally like old one with close shots (that lips!) slightly better. Overall, new version is pretty good. There is plenty of content now. And i didn't see any grammar or spelling errors now, but i'm not a native english speaker as well. I found a bug though. When family together started watching movie, and you can choose mother or Gina, i choose mother and game shows me scene from 12 years ago with test subjects, that i already seen. It's all normal if i choose Gina. And another one in the end of movie. Again, i choose mother, game shows three lines of text, and after "I can feel mom squeezing my hand tightly when this scene appears" just freezes. But i somehow fixed that with "Esc" button. And small third bug. After the movie ends and Gina sleeps with hero, her standing sprite stays on screen to the very end of demo. 

@Groove819 and @Burchard IV

The mentioned bug is fixed in the new version. Thanks for noticing.

@Xj347

Thanks for the input on the characters. 

Unfortunately, I didn't plan things all to well in regards on their looks. This is a pretty big mistake and I agree that your concerns are actually really legit, however at this point, I do not wish to change their looks.

Your input earlier is also good, I'm still an amateur story-writer(If I can call myself one.) with childish desires and simple views on life.

Feedback like yours will help me in the long run.

The game looks great! Probs to you man, although i have a problem when i get to the night where Ethan is in his car he wakes up and gets inside the house but there is nothing more just stops there. If that's the end of Demo then my bad XD

Here is a screenshot:

post-711693-0-45976700-1489943855_thumb.png

@Darkframe

Hmm? That's pretty weird, I didn't encounter anything like that from my playtesting. Which version did you use?

I think spamming click and esc sometimes forces the image to load or restarting the whole thing again, if you feel like it.

The demo has about 40% more content after that point.

Don't click the relationship button yet, it's not supposed to be there, my bad.

I didn't have a problem with how the first one was the new one looks pretty good I did see a few minor errors in the dialogue and a few spelling errors. The mother I have no problem with I just look at her from the neck down anyways so she could have a space aliens head and I probably wouldn't even notice. The sister seems pretty interesting.

Well, i love games with good story... and your story is pretty interesting. But i hate rape stuff and all that, especially if it's with main heroines. So that dick Marcus with Gina maked me nervous pretty badly. I'm glad it ended on decent note. I hope hero would be okay, and Jessica can be saved as well. Overall, great chapter. I expected more romantic stuff with mom though, but Gina good too. And i've noticed quite a few grammar errors, but nothing too serious. 

I found the game on another forum, it shows a lot of potential, the dialog and story is very good so far.

It seems there is a bug in the most recent version, it freezes on the second of the Mom's breast scenes at the beginning of the prologue? Can't advance, or go to menu, just locks up. There also appears to be no way to save on Chapter 1?

Good luck with your game.

Archived