Simple Sadism & Masochism, a Combat Arousal Mod

So are the ppl making suggestions able to get this mod to work? If that's the case then there's something up with our setups that cause problems with this mod. The only thing I can think of is I'm using a modified aaaa (tanookis animation appropriate arousal adjustments) which itself modifies the sexlab aroused script. anyone else with using aaaa having problems with this mod?

So are the ppl making suggestions able to get this mod to work? If that's the case then there's something up with our setups that cause problems with this mod. The only thing I can think of is I'm using a modified aaaa (tanookis animation appropriate arousal adjustments) which itself modifies the sexlab aroused script. anyone else with using aaaa having problems with this mod?

have tried it out and can confirm that there are problems if you use any othe rarousel modifiyng mod

Wait, Animation Appropriate Arousal Adjustments causes problems? Crap, I can't play without that. xD I do too many weird animations too often.

No idea why AAAA would cause a conflict unless it makes some serious modifications to the arousal script, which is hopefully not the case, because if so that's both a problem I cannot solve and a very poor design choice.

Working on a quick update to sort out the MCM and then tomorrow I'll be working on better updating of arousal and/or AAAA compatibility (Really hope I don't need to do that) and a plan for the surrendering per Yuni's idea. Sadism will be the target after that. Any other feature requests/bug reports?

for me the combination causes problems because my skyrim is unable to start if i have simple masochism and animation appropriate arousal active, even with barely minimu mrequirements.

Do I need to clean save to update from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0?

You shouldn't, but I did not test in a save with 1.0.1 installed. If possible I would recommend it just to avoid any weird behavior, but it probably isn't necessary.

for me the combination causes problems because my skyrim is unable to start if i have simple masochism and animation appropriate arousal active, even with barely minimu mrequirements.

Thanks for the info. Umm... You might want to try again with the latest version, but it als might cause more problems.

i just tested ver 1.1.0 and MCM menu works. however, my arousal (exposure) is going down after combat, instead of up. 

my settings are:

marginal damage checked: scale 1

total damage unchecked: scale 0

threshold unchecked: scale 10

my arousal before combat was 11. after combat with 3 dragons it became 5. this is with SLEN's gain arousal from absorbing dragon soul active, which typically gives me around 13 arousal per soul. my exposure rating in SLA is 0.3. any idea why the math is giving negative exposure?

so after spending some time standing there taking hits and observing how the exposure changes in SLA's MCM menu, i think i can take a guess at what's going on. what i observed is that arousal does spike up sometimes, when i take heavy damage. however when i take light damage, arousal actually decreases per hit.

how does this mod calculate how much damage was taken, in order to increase arousal? does it use a difference formula (ie take a reading of current health at one interval and take another reading at a later interval and subtract the difference)? i think it is because my health regen is so fast, that i am somehow factoring in negative numbers into the equation. if it subtracts the difference in my total health between 2 intervals, then it's highly possible for me to take "negative" damage (ie my health will be higher at the 2nd interval than the 1st due to rapid regen).

so after spending some time standing there taking hits and observing how the exposure changes in SLA's MCM menu, i think i can take a guess at what's going on. what i observed is that arousal does spike up sometimes, when i take heavy damage. however when i take light damage, arousal actually decreases per hit.

how does this mod calculate how much damage was taken, in order to increase arousal? does it use a difference formula (ie take a reading of current health at one interval and take another reading at a later interval and subtract the difference)? i think it is because my health regen is so fast, that i am somehow factoring in negative numbers into the equation. if it subtracts the difference in my total health between 2 intervals, then it's highly possible for me to take "negative" damage (ie my health will be higher at the 2nd interval than the 1st due to rapid regen).

That is pretty much how it checks it since the OnHit event doesn't bring the damage done with it, it check the player health every 3 seconds and after every hit event, and then at the beginning of the event it gets the new health and calculates the difference. So if your health regeneration is, like, really fast it could easily create negative numbers. I'll whip up a quick release that lets you customize the scan rate in a few hours (once I get back to my computer) so users can solve this problem without forcing a potential performance hit on people without this problem.

That is pretty much how it checks it since the OnHit event doesn't bring the damage done with it, it check the player health every 3 seconds and after every hit event, and then at the beginning of the event it gets the new health and calculates the difference. So if your health regeneration is, like, really fast it could easily create negative numbers. I'll whip up a quick release that lets you customize the scan rate in a few hours (once I get back to my computer) so users can solve this problem without forcing a potential performance hit on people without this problem.

i see. will it make any sense to have the script do nothing to arousal if the value it returns is negative, ie set arousal increase to 0 if the health value is negative? i think that way it will still be able to increase arousal if large amounts of damage is taken without increasing the frequency of the scan, which i'd imagine is going to add to papyrus load. that will also account for factors such as receiving healing or using a potion in between the scans. 

my regen isn't all that high, but i have smartcast set to use a heal when i drop below 75% health and i also have swift potion setup to drink a pot at the same threshold, with some healer followers autocasting heals on me when i drop below 50%. i get a huge spike heal periodically but large amounts of damage (ie groups of enemies or dragon bites) will still do enough damage to kill me.

That's actually not a bad idea, I probably should have included that check initially but it didn't occur to me that people might have healed that much between checks. I'll probably add that and a scan frequency control as soon as I get a chance.

Are people still having issues with MCM? 

The (what I assume is the) 1-10 slider only has "1" as any of the options.   This is the case for all sliders.

Love the 2.0 ideas as well, keep it up.

I will look into the continued MCM failure in a few hours, as soon as I have the time. Unfortunately I have no idea why that would be happening so it might take a bit.

Are people still having issues with MCM? 

The (what I assume is the) 1-10 slider only has "1" as any of the options.   This is the case for all sliders.

Love the 2.0 ideas as well, keep it up.

yes i have those issues with the sliders only being numbered 1-3, despite having many more stops in between each number. i stopped using the mod for the time being because the healing i receive causes me to end fights with 0 arousal, due to the way the mod calculates arousal adjustments. for what it's worth though, from what i can tell, the damage portion of the mod works exactly as it should. i use PSQ with autotransform set to 100 arousal, and in fights where i take heavy damage such as vs dragon melee attacks, i will transform after a few hits, due to the massive arousal spikes pushing arousal to max

Heads up there's a version coming in a couple of hours with a fixed (once again) MCM. Still not sure what was causing it, but it all works fine in testing. It's also going to include a fix for the negative changes some people were having issues with. Haven't had any luck with creating soft dependency for defeat, been working my way through it to see if I can't find a simple way to start a surrender. I've got an idea

Taking longer for this update than I meant to because I figured out how to force a surrender through defeat and got way distracted by implementing that. Wrapping up testing on it to make sure my detection of defeat and collection of aliases works properly.

So there we go with the 2.0 release finally hitting. Defeat surrendering is now implemented and the MCM has been fixed. Again.

If you notice any... odd behavior with surrendering I need you to do two things: 1. enable trace logging and 2. make sure you can recreate it. In my limited testing I encountered a few scenarios where it seemed to fail to kick in and everyone just stood there for a little while. As far as I can tell that was because I've done most my testing for this mod in the first two rooms of Helgen Keep and everyone there has so many scripts running on them basically anything else getting added to the mix is like flipping a coin on whether it should work or not.

thanks for the update. did some preliminary testing on it and seems like arousal still gets subtracted at some points, despite having the update set to the lowest value of 0.1. however it is not neary as often as before and i think in the grand scheme of things, it may even be negligible so as long as the mod takes enough positive readings to keep adding to arousal more than it subtracts. i'm going to run a few dungeons with it on for now to test it a bit further in actual practice

Bug report - When defeat is triggered by this mod multiple npcs can be flagged for a force greet. I still managed to get through the defeat scene but this could cause issues.

I recommend turning off defeats in built triggers and just use this one. I had wound at 20% on defeat and was stuck in a loop of 10+ force greets when they both triggered at the same time. Still didn't break but was awkward.

Anyway nice work Feliks! I am using this with combat arousal and all seems fine (just tacked this into a old load order and save). It makes a great alternative to defeat triggers.

The MCM scale numbers seem to mess up if you use them.

Change them in any way and they jump back to 0 to 2 scale(the numbers after decimal point are not visible again). I'm assuming it's purely cosmetic bug, but still.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the 2 scales, just for confirmation:

The marginal one is - I get hit for 10 damage by a bandit, I gain 10 arousal(considering the scale is set to 1, gain 5 arousal if scale is set to 0.5 and 20 if its set to 2).

Total damage one - I get hit for 5% of my HP, I gain 5 arousal, If I get hit for half of my health, I gain 50 arousal, if scale is set to 1, no matter how high or low my hp is?

If they are both checked in MCM, do I gain arousal from both simultaneously?

How does the surrender chance scale work?

So there really shouldn't still be negative values, it checks and discards anything less than zero, but since there's no way to directly modify arousal my guess would be that something else is decreasing exposure so that the net change is <0

I'm not sure the multiple force greet issue with defeat is something I can fix on my end but I'll look at it.

No idea why the sliders are still behaving weird, I'll take another look at it. The surrender slider should just be 0-100 and that's the likelihood it will trigger the surrender.

Important Bug Report:

The slider for surrender chance on being hit while having max arousal does not work. The starting value is 100, but if the player touches the slider, it will not go above 5. 0-0

• 2 weeks later...

Another Bug Report: My... arousal is going DOWN with each hit. I've tested it both with and without being an exhibitionist, I have no idea what is going on. Continuing to monitor and teast. Have some papyrus.

Papyrus.0.log

Edit: The next test figured something out, to the point that I think I know what is going on.

It's the threshold. The moment I turn OFF the threshold use, arousal starts spiking when damaged instead of dropping when damaged, as it's supposed to.

I think you have it programmed so that it uses a negative value modifier some how for being ABOVE the threshold. Like at the threshold it sets it to zero, etc. But turning threshold off causes it to function properly.

Be nice if I could fix the sliders, but not the end of the world. <3 Hope you have a nice trip. Have more papyrus.

Papyrus.0.log

Edit 2: As-is, I can't use this because of the sliders, unfortunately. Once you try to change any of them once, the values become very narrow in what you can use, and generally useless in value. Like both the marginal/total damage values, once you touch the slider, can only become 0, 1, or 2, which is much too large to make use of properly. And surrender won't go above 5 once you touch it...

Wonderful mod in concept, I'm still flattered and stunned that you made it for me, but I can't use it like this. Thank you for all your hard work so far, though. c:

Hrm. Ill look into all that in the next couple of days. I havent even had time to look at any of my scripts the last couple of weeks. Its also super weird the sliders are still messed up, in my last test they were working fine and the code all looked right. Expect the patch in a couple of days.

Well, for me it works great. Had to tone down the settings a bit, because arousal rose too fast. But after a bit of tweaking it works great. I have to take care the fights don't last too long or i might surrender and loose. Post battle stress relief is important now, so i don't loose control in the next one:)

I think it would be great if you could add some kind of relief system, like a hotkey or power to reduce arousal during a fight for a small amount. Ideally with a short animation of fondling or a shout. Dangerous to use, since it makes you helpless, but useful if you can break contact for a couple of seconds.

Anyway, good work, i like this mod:)

.... I wonder if I have the wrong version downloaded, if it's working for others. I will do another test later, it might be that I overwrote an old version or something, and needed a clean install. I will edit this post with more info later today.

.... I wonder if I have the wrong version downloaded, if it's working for others. I will do another test later, it might be that I overwrote an old version or something, and needed a clean install. I will edit this post with more info later today.

Any updates or are you still having the same problems? I should have time to mod tonight and I want to make sure this and visibility work as advertised before moving on to larger, more time consuming, projects (Or start to work on 3.0, "Simple Masochism and Sadism"). So if the sliders are still messed up (or you're still getting negative values) please let me know.

Any updates or are you still having the same problems? I should have time to mod tonight and I want to make sure this and visibility work as advertised before moving on to larger, more time consuming, projects (Or start to work on 3.0, "Simple Masochism and Sadism"). So if the sliders are still messed up (or you're still getting negative values) please let me know.

Status Report:

Installed on a different save file that I had lying around. Clean save, no previous versions of Simple Masochism installed.

Result:

MOST sliders work as intended. All scaling sliders work fine...

ONE slider is still broken. The chance to surrender via Defeat still only scales to whole numbers between (and including) 0 and 5.

A papyrus, for you: Papyrus.0.log

The game had only been running for about 3 minutes, so it probably doesn't have much useful in it, but... hey. Remember: Disregard first portion of the log, as I coc to riverwood THEN load my save file, to avoid a too-many-scripts crash.

Status Report:

Installed on a different save file that I had lying around. Clean save, no previous versions of Simple Masochism installed.

Result:

MOST sliders work as intended. All scaling sliders work fine...

ONE slider is still broken. The chance to surrender via Defeat still only scales to whole numbers between (and including) 0 and 5.

A papyrus, for you: attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

The game had only been running for about 3 minutes, so it probably doesn't have much useful in it, but... hey. Remember: Disregard first portion of the log, as I coc to riverwood THEN load my save file, to avoid a too-many-scripts crash.

Yuni, you might like this mod.  It's Continue Game No Crash by Utopium on the nexus site (sorry couldn't post a link to the mod) I used to have to do a coc like you mentioned but since I've added this I've been able to load with no issues.