[mod] [CK2] DW - The Mercenary Commander

Here is what I have **Completed** so far.
    -Send Futa daughters to the Red Hand for training.
    -New "Sexual Torture" mechanic allows you to train female prisoners to enjoy pain. Resulting in "Painsluts."
        *Painslut is a new trait, going through the torture process "imprints" the character on their assailant through opinion modifiers.
        *Sexual Torture has three options, Whipping, Public rape in the stocks, or 1 on 1 rape on the racks.
    -New Hunting Focus Events.
        -Rainy day hunter encounter.  Casual Romance with for male or female characters.
        -Troll hunting.  Hunt trolls and win.  Trolls have a nasty habit of fucking anything female that moves, so be careful. (Tied to the "Bestiality" gamerule so it won't show up if you don't want it too.)
            *Troll Skulls make great trophys.  Some macabre individuals use them as helmets. (Nice artifact that has a morale offense boost.)

*** Offspring from a troll encounter get a special trait (Half-Troll) and their children inherit another trait (Trollblood) from their parent.
    -Gangbang the Thieves Guild.
        *Bringing the Thieves guild into the folds of your empire can remove that negative province modifier and replace it with a positive one, "Loyal Thieves Guild"
    -Integration of "Lock up Your Daughters"
        Updated version that works quite well. (Adds a "Chastity Belt" trait with -5000% fertility so you can help prevent unwanted pregnancies.
    -Grant "Special Dispensation" to females in your realm, thus allowing them to hold council positions no matter the laws of the land. (If you see a woman with a fabulous stewardship ability, that you can't or won't wed, you can still make her your steward.
    -MANY Flavor Events related to RedHand Veterans.
        -Levy Reinforcement event for a RedHand Marshall. (Takes slightly less time than the normal event, and lasts slightly longer.)
        -Organize raiders event for a RedHand Marshall. (Takes slightly less time, and slightly more raiders are formed.)
        -Stealing military Secrets for a Redhand Spymaster (Takes slightly less time, but only returns Military tech.)
        -Extort money from Peasantry for a Redhand Steward (Takes slightly less time, but provides slightly more cash.)
        -Settle Tribe for a Redhand Steward. (Takes slightly less time.)

Plus a huge amount more that is in differing states of construction but can't quite be called "Completed."

Plus quite a few event graphics have been updated to larger event size and/or higher quality.

**Incomplete / may or may not make the final cut.

-Giant Hunting / Giant sex encounters

-Lots of "Focus" events that require the DLC "Way of Life" in varying degrees of finish.  (By lots, I mean roughly 10-12)

-A new city to explore through events / event options. (It has a blacksmith with weapons, a tavern with events, and a Slavers Guild where you can purchase or sample)

Too many other things to sum up, that may or may not make the final cut.

All of the flavor events for RedHand Veteran council jobs have corresponding event pictures and fun localisation to complete them.  I've had a lot of fun with them in recent playthroughs.  If you hare a redhand veteran and you are in a council position for your liege, they fire for you as well because they are localized for both sides of the event chain.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a bug but I started as a futa character and once I triggered the mercenary captain event and became a futa cumslut the futa trait was removed. Is this intentional? I mean it doesn't make sense to me that it is?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 8:28 AM, chb123 said:

Not sure if this is a bug but I started as a futa character and once I triggered the mercenary captain event and became a futa cumslut the futa trait was removed. Is this intentional? I mean it doesn't make sense to me that it is?

I had the traits set to be opposite.  Which is something I will address as it is not intentional.

Hi hi !! 

I have a little problem. 

The decision is not in my intrigue menu. I don't have "Special commander"

However it is in my mod list when I launch the game. 

I modified the file for the latest DW update. 

name = "Dark World: The Mercenary Commander"
path = "mod/DW The Mercenary Commander"
dependencies = {"Dark World Reborn v1.62"}

Did I do something wrong ? 

Thank you !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 3:55 AM, Choppytehbear said:

Is it possible to marry Athena or Freja as a female yet?

No, because they're commanders of the order and can never marry. The reason behind it is that the order is not a primary-type title and succession laws are all wonky. IIRC Mercenary Commander reworks some of the vanilla mechanics, so it's a bit hard to figure out.

• 5 weeks later...

@Mr_Treason

This new update looks like it's going to be epic, can't wait!

I do have a quick question. A long while back (Don't know if it's been mentioned since), you mentioned that you may think about allowing the player to dominate the Futa Commander... I was wondering if anything more had been done with this. I prefer playing dominant characters most of the time, if possible.

Just didn't know if this had been considered more, or if there was now(or planned) content in the mod that would cater toward dominant players.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm checking this topic every day since the last update, I'm literally going insane over the next update :P Praying to the goddess to bless Mr. Treason with time to finish it up soon!

By the way, is the current mod compatible with the new updates in darkworld? Or with CK2+ maybe?

• 4 months later...

I just posted an update.  

The update doesn't have any gamebreaking bugs, but there is a good bit of unfinished content in the files.   I had a lot of intentions for my last update but I have never gotten the time to see them all through.  So what I did was break everything out into two different parts.

----Firstly I deleted all the "non Mercenary Commander" stuff out and re-uploaded it as the "Final Version."  There's a good bit of new stuff in there but a some incomplete stuff as well (IE things that are in the files but don't show up in the game, such as double the amount of portraits for commanders/red hand vets.)

----Secondly, I've attached a file to this post that is essentially what my this modding beast had began to become.  The "Dark World Content Mod"  Again, it is in the same incomplete state, but there is a lot of fun stuff already in there.  Mercenary Commander is already full integrated into the DW Content pack, along with a lot of other stuff.

If anyone wants to take the mod over, by all means do so.  I'm done with this one.  I just can't get excited about it anymore which leaves me not getting anything done and just stalling out.  I had a lot accomplished on it so far though and I figured I would share what I had in case anyone had a mind to finish, change, or integrate it into something new.  Have at it, and Enjoy!

Dark World CONTENT Pack below...

DW Content Pack.zip

If you're going to install Mercenary Commander...  FILES AND FOLDER STRUCTURES HAVE BEEN CHANGED.  YOU MUST DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSION BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW VERSION.  NOT DOING SO WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS.

If you're going to install the DW Content Pack, DO NOT USE MERCENARY COMMANDER, AS MERCENARY COMMANDER IS ALREADY INTEGRATED IN DW CONTENT PACK.

Thanks for the update! I have taken a look at the code of Mercenary Commander and fixed a few problems for you. Namely parsing errors, changing the dependency version number in the .mod file, cleaning up super old Dark World traits, and various stuff. I haven't taken a look at the DW Content Pack though.

Here's the zip file with just the updated files: DWMCupdate.zip

Sad to hear that the mod has lost it's luster for you. I have been playing modded CK2 for a while now, and it has always been one of my staples. In that sense, thank you for your work.

If no one else steps forward, I might make a maintenance release of this every patch or so, though I'm currently waiting for Holy Fury to maybe finally release my own mods.

3 hours ago, clrpurp242 said:

So, uh, how does one remove the chastity belt? My heiress assumed the throne when her dad died and I can't find a way to remove the belt.

Try this: TTcontent_chastitybelt.txt

It changes the decision to be from only from a player parent to being only from a spouse (player or AI). Just get her married.

Move to your /DW Content Pack/decisions/ folder.

On 11/5/2018 at 7:45 AM, Mr_Treason said:

I just posted an update.  

The update doesn't have any gamebreaking bugs, but there is a good bit of unfinished content in the files.   I had a lot of intentions for my last update but I have never gotten the time to see them all through.  So what I did was break everything out into two different parts.

----Firstly I deleted all the "non Mercenary Commander" stuff out and re-uploaded it as the "Final Version."  There's a good bit of new stuff in there but a some incomplete stuff as well (IE things that are in the files but don't show up in the game, such as double the amount of portraits for commanders/red hand vets.)

----Secondly, I've attached a file to this post that is essentially what my this modding beast had began to become.  The "Dark World Content Mod"  Again, it is in the same incomplete state, but there is a lot of fun stuff already in there.  Mercenary Commander is already full integrated into the DW Content pack, along with a lot of other stuff.

If anyone wants to take the mod over, by all means do so.  I'm done with this one.  I just can't get excited about it anymore which leaves me not getting anything done and just stalling out.  I had a lot accomplished on it so far though and I figured I would share what I had in case anyone had a mind to finish, change, or integrate it into something new.  Have at it, and Enjoy!

Dark World CONTENT Pack below...

DW Content Pack.zip

Any chance you could put an alternative link to the content pack? Seven times I've tried downloading it and all of them have failed.