[mod] [CK2] DW - The Mercenary Commander

One thing I was pondering as I played the game is that my mercenary band doesn't have the options to grow like the ones created through vanilla, it just seems to be stuck at the static 600.  Is this intentional or am I missing something here?

I was also pondering if some cross over coding could be done to boost those numbers by giving Athena or whoever the current band leader is a barony similar to the Holy Orders.

One thing I was pondering as I played the game is that my mercenary band doesn't have the options to grow like the ones created through vanilla, it just seems to be stuck at the static 600.  Is this intentional or am I missing something here?

I was also pondering if some cross over coding could be done to boost those numbers by giving Athena or whoever the current band leader is a barony similar to the Holy Orders.

I think the man point of the mercenary band is to use their Generals which are strong AF. They have more abilities than you could achieve naturally. Look at the orange icons. 

I hoped to increase their men by giving them some counties though, but they became a Duchy and eventually led a coup and took control of my empire. ( Pretty great for the sake of roleplay  :P )

they became a Duchy and eventually led a coup and took control of my empire. ( Pretty great for the sake of roleplay  :P )

Now personally I'd call this a feature! :lol: 

Seriously though - the alphas making more and more demands, including land and power - and taking it if they have to - would be an awesome fleshed out feature. :cool:

On a long enough time span, all of this will be options, and more.

I intend to make it so that you can grow the RedHand slowly over time, or through the investment of land/money grow it rather quickly.

Also a very dark idea where you can abscond with fertile women and have the Red Hand start a breeding program for recruits, raising them in the band and drastically increasing the size of the band in just 16-25 years depending on some things.

LOTS of ideas.  Not enough time.

----------------------

I'm working on an update right now, but it's on stolen time every moment that I get on it.  Don't expect it soon, but more will be coming.

Also a very dark idea where you can abscond with fertile women and have the Red Hand start a breeding program for recruits, raising them in the band and drastically increasing the size of the band in just 16-25 years depending on some things.

Now that sounds like a good idea.

I'm a late-comer to CK2 modding, but today I loaded up a game with Dark World stuff and included this mod as well. I AM HOOKED. ^_^

I love how descriptive all the events are, and the theme is just great. On top of all the sexy story stuff, it's fantastic to have this pack of killer futas to spring on idiots who try to usurp my power.

Thank you Mr_Treason for this mod, and I sincerely hope you get time to add more to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know what i've been doing.  I've found some small scraps of time to mod.  I've updated about half of the artwork currently in the mod to make use of the screen real estate provided by the larger events mod that was integrated into Dark World.

I'm going to keep stealing time and update all of the event pictures, and that will be what the next update will entail.  No eta currently.

I've also gotten permission to use some really nice screenshots for new events from some folks over in the "Futa Content Thread."  They should be a lot of fun to make stories for!

***Also, I see no reason why the currently updated version of Dark World should cause any issues with Mercenary Commander.  If anyone finds that this is not the case, please report here and let me know!***

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed one of the best CK mods! It's so nice to see some futa goodness in one of my favorites games! Thank you indeed, Mr. Treason!

One sugestion: would you consider lowering the health value of the futas of the Red Hand? I mean, with an average of 10+ they have an abnormal life expectancy and after some time playing, the Red Hand were populated exclusively of old ladies... which is kinda a turn off in my vacations in their fortress :/

Thanks for this mod, it is a futa saver.

And I suddenly remembered why it is a bad idea to grant a duchy to a mercenary group: they becomes unavailable to the king. The good side of the red hand though, is that they mostly are seductresses and create a lot of little futa all around the kingdom. Sadly, I have yet to have a heir with that specific trait.

Also when working as a red hand cumslut, the narrative ask me wether or not the futa-dom would come back in my court to play around with my spouse, but it doesn't seem to work at all (no futa changes court or appear). It would also be great if the cumslut thing would extend to other nobles, so we'd get to see the trait in the other courtiers. Maybe the homosexuals would have a greater incentive, since the futa isn't exactly a man or a woman and could be seen as "alright" from a societal point of view. And being a futa cocksleeve could trigger an event to trade the homosexual trait which focalize around futanaries: instead of having the opinion bonus for same sex, have an opinion bonus for futanaries. We could call it "futa worship", but that would graze heresy. It could be extended to other traits, like chaste, celibate or eunuch (but the eunuch can't be cured from not having a dick).

Lastly, would it be possible to recruit commanders from the red hand rather than from the vanilla "promote a commander"? You could also attach an event to it forcing the ruler to become a redhand slut for the privilege of recruiting a good commander (would replace the loss of prestige for the trait).

• 2 weeks later...

I have been attempting to steal time to work on this and other mods, but lately i barely have time to play let alone work on a mod.

So, with a heavy heart on the subject I'm declaring that I won't be updating any further.

With that said, I give full unadulterated permission to whomever should want to take on the project of adding more.  Anyone can re-use the code how they see fit.  Not all of the artwork belongs to me, a good 50% of the imagery utilized comes from the folks in the Futa Content thread for Skyrim Modding.  They all granted permission for the imagery to be utilized in mods many of them asking that the mod be free, which of course it is.  So that stipulation must remain on anyone that utilizes the code/graphics for their own mod.

I'll still be popping in from time to time because I love this game, and i love the mods available for it.  I really just wanted to throw this out there in case someone with more time on their hands than I might have the drive or inspiration to add more to the project and take it in their own direction.  (Or even to continue in this direction.  There are a plethora of directions to utilize here if we're honest.)

Thanks for all the kind words about the mod, I really appreciated it and it really inspired me to get as far with the mod as I did.

Now i've got to go break out my work laptop and finish up some work.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• 3 weeks later...

**Updated**

• V1.35
  • Updated for compatibility.
  • -Put 00_mercenaries into separate file.
  • -Eliminated the succession laws file.
  • -Several event pics resized for "Bigger Events" ( I didn't keep track of which ones I did. Basically I went back to the original screenshots and remade the artwork to fill the space of the larger event windows. Sadly I did not finish all of them. But I wanted to post what I did get done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I know I said I wouldn't have time to work on the mod, but after posting that, being gruff at work for a week, and then laying into my boss, he agreed with me.  Now I have a tad more free time. (In that I should be getting home by 6pm every night rather than 7:30-9pm.)

So with that being how this week has been I decided to post what I had finished so far for Mercenary Commander.

If anyone finds any issues, please don't keep quiet.  Let me know so I can address them, correct them, and repost.  In the future I will do my best to keep Mercenary Commander updated and functioning with new patches to both CK2 and Dark World, but I will likely depend on users to help me identify issues.

Now, back to my Game of Thrones marathon while I catch up to where everyone else in the world is.  NO SPOILERS! (2 episodes till i'm caught up.)

You should be able to update safely mid playthrough. Some event pictures have been resized and minor edits throughout, but no traits have been touched.

I haven't tested it myself on a mid play though upgrade though so I can't say for certain. The best advice for anyone cautious about their savegames is always to wait until the next time you start to include updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently i have much in common with a... Oh WAIT, is that a dog....  Where was I?  Oh yeah.  I'm basically modding everything right now.

I'm working on Mercenary Commander, I'm working on an AGOT SubMod, and I'm working on another previously unmentioned Submod for Dark World Reborn. 

So expect updates.

I've already finished the items below for the coming update...

-Ability to abdicate your throne to your current heir and join the RedHand as a cumslut.

-Forced retirement of Cumsluts in the band that are over 30. (Not including any King who abdicates. He or she will be able to live out their days with all the lady cock they desire.)

-Retirement of RedHand Veterans who are over 40.  (No more 60 year old Futa cock flying at you.  I think we can all breath a collective sigh of relief on that.)

And more to come.

I'm very happy to see more updates on the way for my favorite CK2 mod! Personally though, I never much minded having old futas around, because since the portraits never changed I just sort've they didn't physically age until they eventually passed away. 

Probably the only thing I'm really hoping for is just more story content, but no matter what I love having my army of futanari, ready to make my enemies tremble. ^_^

Hey Mr Treason. I have a question about red_hand_event.txt and how you create new red hand members. Why are the different new possible character generated the same way, with the same stats and all?

I'm trying to setup a decision to recruit commanders from the red hand mercenary band, instead of the regular commanders, and the way you generate new NPC leaves me wondering :P

Edit: to answer my own question, it might be because of the portraits.

Hey Mr Treason. I have a question about red_hand_event.txt and how you create new red hand members. Why are the different new possible character generated the same way, with the same stats and all?

I'm trying to setup a decision to recruit commanders from the red hand mercenary band, instead of the regular commanders, and the way you generate new NPC leaves me wondering :P

Edit: to answer my own question, it might be because of the portraits.

I actually took your suggestion above and this is one of the things I'm working on right now. (Recruiting a RedHand commander for your army that is. It will be a new intrigue decision that pops up.  I'm not going to attempt to overwrite the vanilla one, as that will create a conflict with any mod that also edits that file, or maybe any mod that accesses something from that file.)  I always try to only add content and not change content to maintain a high level of compatibility with everything that anyone may want to run.

Among other things I hope to put it out before the weekend.

To answer your question specifically though I had no reason to keep them all so similar other than thinking to myself "I'll revisit it later to provide more variety."

I was thinking about creating a new decision once the redhand is recruited and the ruler is a cumslut or veteran. So, not overriding the vanilla one.

For this I would prefer to use a new trait instead of "red hand veteran", get something like "red hand initiate" with a lower combat rating.

I'm nearly done and I'll be trying my changes soon :P

I ran the validator, and there are some stuff popping up for commander, you should try it :)

--- Error 1 of 3 ---
At <mod>\decisions\mercom_decisions.txt [decisions\mercom_pilgrimage\effect\if\character_event\id] (Line 80, column 26):
"redhand.2000" is not a valid CharEventId.
--- Error 2 of 3 ---
At <mod>\decisions\mercom_decisions.txt [decisions\mercom_pilgrimage\effect\if\character_event\id] (Line 83, column 26):
"redhand.2100" is not a valid CharEventId.
--- Error 3 of 3 ---
At <mod>\decisions\mercom_targeted_decisions.txt [targetted_decisions\mc_freja_duel\effect\character_event\id] (Line 29, column 24):
"mercomste.3999" is not a valid CharEventId.
No idea what it means, maybe an event isn't finished?

And in merdom_decisions.txt, mercom_pilgrimage is malformed. Made me nearly lose my sanity, as my changes didn't work :P

Here are the issues I fixed.

For the mercom_pilgrimage decision, ai_will_do as an extra } while effect has one too little. Anything under that thing wouldn't be processed. Example:

ai_will_do = {
            factor = 0 # Bad AI, you no choosey this!!
            }
        }
My additions:

*  I copied the employ soldier decision from the vanilla file and tweaked it.

*  I overhauled your method of generating new NPC. I left the original untouched, but you can take a look at my addition as I think it's clearer.

*  I select a random culture, then assign a portrait and name based on it. That removes the duplicates from your method.

*  To have some flavor randomization, I also made the junks and breasts a bit random. The smaller the tits, the bigger the dick.

*  The traits are randoms, with customization. I add the proper ones to be consistent.

*  To be allowed to promote commanders from the Red Hand, the ruler needs to be a futa cum slut. This could be used in the future to unlock higher tier of commanders depending on the level of cum slutiness. I am pondering the idea to enable the promotion for red hand veteran and futa characters alike too, in case the player becomes either of those.

*  And I added a modified version of the recruit icon.

Tell me what you think :)

The attached archive is a mere patch, containing only the modified and added files.

DW The Mercenary Commander.7z

I ran the validator, and there are some stuff popping up for commander, you should try it :)

--- Error 1 of 3 ---
At <mod>\decisions\mercom_decisions.txt [decisions\mercom_pilgrimage\effect\if\character_event\id] (Line 80, column 26):
"redhand.2000" is not a valid CharEventId.
--- Error 2 of 3 ---
At <mod>\decisions\mercom_decisions.txt [decisions\mercom_pilgrimage\effect\if\character_event\id] (Line 83, column 26):
"redhand.2100" is not a valid CharEventId.
--- Error 3 of 3 ---
At <mod>\decisions\mercom_targeted_decisions.txt [targetted_decisions\mc_freja_duel\effect\character_event\id] (Line 29, column 24):
"mercomste.3999" is not a valid CharEventId.
No idea what it means, maybe an event isn't finished?

And in merdom_decisions.txt, mercom_pilgrimage is malformed. Made me nearly lose my sanity, as my changes didn't work :P

Here are the issues I fixed.

For the mercom_pilgrimage decision, ai_will_do as an extra } while effect has one too little. Anything under that thing wouldn't be processed. Example:

ai_will_do = {
            factor = 0 # Bad AI, you no choosey this!!
            }
        }

I use Validator and it never notified me of any problems with those, which likely says something about my skillset with validator more than about the application itself.  I already know what the issue is.  The events are being called from the decisions file as Character_Event and the actual events are Narrative_Event.  I just fixed those issues in the main mod, as well as the issues you found in the decision file!

THANKS!  I am still mostly just an enthusiastic neophyte when it comes to modding, and this foray into modding is my first work at doing anything resembling coding.

My additions:

*  I copied the employ soldier decision from the vanilla file and tweaked it.

*  I overhauled your method of generating new NPC. I left the original untouched, but you can take a look at my addition as I think it's clearer.

*  I select a random culture, then assign a portrait and name based on it. That removes the duplicates from your method.

*  To have some flavor randomization, I also made the junks and breasts a bit random. The smaller the tits, the bigger the dick.

*  The traits are randoms, with customization. I add the proper ones to be consistent.

*  To be allowed to promote commanders from the Red Hand, the ruler needs to be a futa cum slut. This could be used in the future to unlock higher tier of commanders depending on the level of cum slutiness. I am pondering the idea to enable the promotion for red hand veteran and futa characters alike too, in case the player becomes either of those.

*  And I added a modified version of the recruit icon.

Tell me what you think  :)

The attached archive is a mere patch, containing only the modified and added files.

I love what you did with your code.  Everytime I look at someone elses work I realize how far I have come, in that i understand it, and how far I have to go, in that I wouldn't have thought to do things the way someone else did.

I'm going to utilize parts of it, with permission.  The reason I went with separate entries for each RedHand recruit is so that I can specifiy DNA for each one.  Your method will have the DNA of each recruit be that of ROOT under the portrait.  So if my character was Celtic, under the portrait of a persian RedHand Veteran would be a celtic woman.  Same for Nubian, Kannada, etc...

I like to specify DNA so I can ensure that they're all appropriately attractive.  (No double chins or goofy faces.)

Here is what I have so far.  This is now a combination of your code and what I had been working on.  I went with a targeted decision on the current commander of the RedHand.  I may switch it over to an intrigue decision.  I hesitate to clog the Intrigue menu up with too many options.

Let me know what you think.

This is a screenshot of trying to recruit without first having been on a pilgrimage.

post-766254-0-07730800-1504593669_thumb.png

This is a screenshot after having been on a pilgrimage.

post-766254-0-15330100-1504593658_thumb.png

I'm using this event to also possibly seed some NPC's that will have their own events attached to them later.  Lydia and Aela from Skyrim. Aela being a werewolf.

------------------

This is a complete working version of the mod with the new changes i'm working on.  Anyone who wants to get a copy before I add more and update this coming weekend is free to jump on it.  Anything recently added may be changed completely or left as it is.

DW The Mercenary Commander V1.35a.7z