[mod] [CK2] DW - The Mercenary Commander

Mr_Treason, You may want to add a restriction to the begging a futa for cock decision. It seems the only thing they need is the futa trait for you to ask them. Currently that means you can ask ANYONE with the futa trait in your court, including children.

Well THAT is not supposed to occur. Thanks for the heads up. I'm out of town right now but as soon as I get home this weekend I'll fix it immediately.

Found a bug, after selecting recruit a commander and starting the event the decision to recruit the commander is still there and selectable. Meaning so long as the event is still running for hte first time you can in theory have an unlimited number of Athenas/frejas/kanikas.  My current play through has two of each because I selected the decision again. (Once you meet the commander and recruit her the first time the decision does vanish as intended, its only while the event chain is running can you select it again)

Found a bug, after selecting recruit a commander and starting the event the decision to recruit the commander is still there and selectable. Meaning so long as the event is still running for hte first time you can in theory have an unlimited number of Athenas/frejas/kanikas.  My current play through has two of each because I selected the decision again. (Once you meet the commander and recruit her the first time the decision does vanish as intended, its only while the event chain is running can you select it again)

Thanks.  I'll try to take care of this the next time I update.

This will be a bit of a strange question and take it with a huge bag of salt.

Did you do anything different when you archived and uploaded the file this time around with 1.34a?  I'm using either Bandzip or straight up 7-zip to extract the archive and it's generally resulting in low level file folder corruption when it happens.  It's only doing it on the V1.34a file.  The portrait zip works fine.  My guess is the file archive managers I'm using are doing something because they aren't getting along with the .7z format you are using.  But I'm just tossing crap against a wall with that answer.

Found the problem I think already.  The problem is Microsoft.  Bastards did an update a few days ago and dropped a DLL file which people are having problems with in it.  Same DLL is showing up in my event manager.  Who knows why a .7z archive is setting it off.

Fixed it.  Anyone else starts having issues where windows Explorer starts randomly crashing on you with a fully updated windows 10 when going into directories with .mod files I at least know a possible fix and will leave this up here in accordance.

This will be a bit of a strange question and take it with a huge bag of salt.

Did you do anything different when you archived and uploaded the file this time around with 1.34a?  I'm using either Bandzip or straight up 7-zip to extract the archive and it's generally resulting in low level file folder corruption when it happens.  It's only doing it on the V1.34a file.  The portrait zip works fine.  My guess is the file archive managers I'm using are doing something because they aren't getting along with the .7z format you are using.  But I'm just tossing crap against a wall with that answer.

Found the problem I think already.  The problem is Microsoft.  Bastards did an update a few days ago and dropped a DLL file which people are having problems with in it.  Same DLL is showing up in my event manager.  Who knows why a .7z archive is setting it off.

Fixed it.  Anyone else starts having issues where windows Explorer starts randomly crashing on you with a fully updated windows 10 when going into directories with .mod files I at least know a possible fix and will leave this up here in accordance.

Thanks for letting me know!  I'm glad you got it figured out, and I've already gotten messages from others who have found the same issue.

One bug report and one suggestion:

-I started a campaign as a ruler designed jain succubus. When I god the rend hand as a vassal, it had 0 soldiers.

-I think you can put the red hand mercenary composition into it's own file, rather than modified the vanillas 00_mecenaries

• 3 weeks later...

So! Is this mod still being worked on? Seems like there hasn't been news from Mr. Treason in a while.

I hope it's still going!

Mr. Treason stated previously after the last update he was taking a break and working on other things for a little while.  I also think he had some RL items to take care of as well for a few weeks.  I know he stated recently that he was going to put more work into his Chastity Belt mod and I'm sure this one will eventually get picked up again.

TLDR:  Fear not, the mod isn't dead yet.

Its not dead and wont be dead.  I started a new job and have a new team of people under me.  A new team comprised entirely of newbies, newbies who act as if they're just learning how to speak or do anything productive for the first time in their god damned lives.  

So I'm putting in long hours usually 12-14 each day, but as my boss says "It's ok, at least you're salary!" as if that makes it better somehow.  I know what he really means "At least YOU working late doesn't hurt the bottom line!"

TLDR: Give me time, maybe a month or two and I'll start injecting lots of updates again.  For now I'm here in the background lurking, and I'll do my best to update if anything breaks because of a patch or an update to DarkWorld Reborn.

• 4 weeks later...

So, the new version of Dark World Reborn is out and portraits added with your mod kinda don't work.

Yeah, Dew is using the new version of the portrait mod, I'll try to dig into it this weekend and update for compatibility.

**Updated**  The portraits work again and the world is right for Dom Futa lovers everywhere!

I only changed the portrait pack so now it rewrites an unused file inside of the Dark World Reborn main folder.  At some point in the future Dew will start using that section of portraits and I'll update to move it.  Hopefully before that I'll be doing regular updates again.

For now, this will have to suffice.

**Updated**  The portraits work again and the world is right for Dom Futa lovers everywhere!

I only changed the portrait pack so now it rewrites an unused file inside of the Dark World Reborn main folder.  At some point in the future Dew will start using that section of portraits and I'll update to move it.  Hopefully before that I'll be doing regular updates again.

For now, this will have to suffice.

I'd suggest that now that the main DW mod has merged the portraits modules with the same mod, it'd be nice that you'd do the same.

BTW, I can quickly set it up so that your portraits are independent from the main DW ones, so you don'y need to update if the base mods ends up using your slots.

I'd suggest that now that the main DW mod has merged the portraits modules with the same mod, it'd be nice that you'd do the same.

BTW, I can quickly set it up so that your portraits are independent from the main DW ones, so you don'y need to update if the base mods ends up using your slots.

I think that I should do that too.  However I didn't have a lot of time right now, and wanted to provide an option for people to keep playing with the mod and the new Dark World update.

Band-Aiding will have to suffice for a little while longer.  Better, more streamlined solutions are available, and your work with the portrait mods is fantastic, but I haven't dug into those and wrapped my head around anything yet.

If you want to fix the portraits for Mercom so they don't overwrite and are just part of the base mod.  I would tip my hat to you, sing your praises, and upload it in place of the current versioin.

I think that I should do that too.  However I didn't have a lot of time right now, and wanted to provide an option for people to keep playing with the mod and the new Dark World update.

Band-Aiding will have to suffice for a little while longer.  Better, more streamlined solutions are available, and your work with the portrait mods is fantastic, but I haven't dug into those and wrapped my head around anything yet.

If you want to fix the portraits for Mercom so they don't overwrite and are just part of the base mod.  I would tip my hat to you, sing your praises, and upload it in place of the current versioin.

Hey Treason. I'm looking at adding more images, and I figured that I'd swing by and see what range you're using. I see that you're using block 09.

If you're alright with it, I'm going to add what you've got right now into mine - that way when I go to add things, I'll see that block 09 is already in use and I'll just move along. And this way we won't have that issue like what happened last time when I was unaware and used a previous block.

If you and ngppgn end up working out the stand alone option, I could just yank them out of block 09 at that time.

I won't use the block 09 images either, so that way folks who use your mod won't see odd duplication taking place.

Actually, I think Dew's solution might be best. One thing I hadn't thought about is that while I can make the traits and prtraits be separate, the traits would still need to be opposites of all the main mod's anyway. My bad.

Actually, I think Dew's solution might be best. One thing I hadn't thought about is that while I can make the traits and prtraits be separate, the traits would still need to be opposites of all the main mod's anyway. My bad.

Okay, that works then. If you decide you need to add more again at some point Mr. Treason, just let me know and we'll set aside another block.

Okay, that works then. If you decide you need to add more again at some point Mr. Treason, just let me know and we'll set aside another block.

That sounds fantastic and saves me work!  I think it's absolutely a better solution than anything I could come up with on my own with my limited but determined skillset.

Mr Treason, is it currently possible to pick up the 'red hand slut' trait without the use of console?

Not for players.  Just for the sluts that live in the band permanently.  The plan is to give the player an option to abdicate and become a Red Hand Slut permanently.

**Updated** 

All portraits are now included in the Dark World Reborn main mod, so you don't need to do anything extra at all for the portraits to work! You no longer need to download the Mercenary Commander Portrait Pack during installation.

-Portrait pack has been removed from the Files section to simplify the process of installation.  (Thanks Dew and ngpppgn!)
-Updated spelling/grammar on the file main page.

You can expect me to start updates again soonish.  I won't be releasing content with the frequency I did in the beginning, but I'll be working on things again now.

**NOTE** All portraits are now included in the Dark World Reborn main mod, so you don't need to do anything extra at all for the portraits to work! You no longer need to download the Mercenary Commander Portrait Pack during installation.