Conan Exiles Modding (EA coming on 1/31/17)

Voltanis

They said in a Reddit ama: We have made a dev kit for the game and sent it off to Epic for approval. Once it is approved, they will add it to the Unreal 4 launcher. So currently it is out of our hands!

So the tools are already passed to Epic.. expect them soon.

Currently playing in single player mode but I'm finding it to be a little too grindy. Haven't messed with the multipliers yet as I'm not sure which way I should be adjusting them to compliment my play-style.

I'd say stay in singleplayer mode for now, multiplayer is really buggy and there are a lot of server issues. Nevertheless, once they sorted all that mess I have no doubts it will be very fun to play.

Yes the game does have denuvo. However they are officially supporting mods and I believe they said even non-steam workshop mods will be possible. 

But how? Denuvo grabs process data and match them with a copy form encoded raw data packages to ensure nothing would be change until the finalize outcome? It would not accpet modding in the first place, unless they bend the rules of denuvo and use it only to encode the raw materials form base game and go process it in a different system that without denuvo......

Not possible to use UE 4.12.5 to open the sandbox project although if you use Umodel you can view/export the models from the game using the following settings:

Umodel.png

Some models in the directory are only there for reference I think just like in Ark, so if you find a nude body it probably isn't used in the game (no skin weights/broken UVs or textures.) The bodies seem to have a structure like in Oblivion upperbody/lowerbody/feet/hands. No direct texture editing is possible yet, unless you use texmod maybe.

Thanks using these settings I was finally able to open the armor meshes. Can you recommend a simple editor something along the lines of Nifscope? I just want to try and edit the existing armor a bit. I did try to replace the early cloth armor (Thrall_worker_t1) with the underwear mesh using a simple file rename and replace but all I get from that is a naked body.

It will require the unreal editor made for that game. I was never able to directly edit meshes in Ark without the editor because the unreal editor creates unique uassets for everything which are linked to a unique material file/instance. Any program that can export fbx work as long as the full skeleton is there.

I guess a frankenstein experiment that could possibly work is if you use the 4.12.5 unreal editor to convert the fbx to a uasset.

Hey guys! So I'm kindof going ahead and trying to make a floppy horse dick in Unreal in terms of practice and prep work, but the physics assets are a huge fucking pain.
I've currently imported the mesh with skeleton into the engine, made a physics asset for it, and added a socket to the standard 3rd person character blueprint to attach it all to, but I can't for the life of me figure out what values I need to tweak where to get this thing behaving well. Anyone with some experience in this field?
I'll post a few gifs to show what stuff's going wrong.
tumblr_ol0mfxy7N31vg6hc7o1_250.giftumblr_ol0mfxy7N31vg6hc7o2_250.gif

Hey guys! So I'm kindof going ahead and trying to make a floppy horse dick in Unreal in terms of practice and prep work, but the physics assets are a huge fucking pain.

I've currently imported the mesh with skeleton into the engine, made a physics asset for it, and added a socket to the standard 3rd person character blueprint to attach it all to, but I can't for the life of me figure out what values I need to tweak where to get this thing behaving well. Anyone with some experience in this field?

I'll post a few gifs to show what stuff's going wrong.

tumblr_ol0mfxy7N31vg6hc7o1_250.giftumblr_ol0mfxy7N31vg6hc7o2_250.gif

Looks promising, good luck with your project. My only advice is to make the project blank, when you actually get things working. That way there is lower chance of having conflicting code.

2 pics from my house made in 2 hours. 5 stairs. Still improving. Game itself giving almost unlimited build options and its just an early access. I would love to see more adult content in this game. :)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/158026195402824234/9AB759A64B7E629643AA910D6CAEA0BED6206CC9/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/158026195402842614/FD89E12E5D7533380950D9FA6A11A3F429DAEED5/

Guess you'll need to do some weight painting?

Also, if not asking much, can you try editing any female armor (removing the cloth top)?

Theyre in Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Content\Items\armor\SK_female_medium_studded_leather_upperbody

Sorry but I have no idea how to work with UE4 :-/

Also, if not asking much, can you try editing any female armor (removing the cloth top)?

Theyre in Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Content\Items\armor\SK_female_medium_studded_leather_upperbody

Yea we definitely need topless/bottomless armor.

I don't own the game (yet), I'm just messing around to learn some UE4 right now so I can make mods more efficiently once the sdk is out.

I don't think it's a problem of weight at this point (the cockhead alone weighs 4kg) but of tension not being right yet. I've limited the angles each bone can rotate under quite a bit, but it still flops a tad too much at the tip(especially when jumping).

The Physics assets are unfortunately a bit tricky, with a ton of options that aren't really self-explanatory, so I'm just fiddling and seeing what works and what doesn't.

For both genders would be nice. Kind of pointless playing with full nudity when armor just covers everything up.

For both genders would be nice. Kind of pointless playing with full nudity when armor just covers everything up.

Wasn't the armor system in CE was already allowed people run around with topless/bottomless armors?

Wasn't the armor system in CE was already allowed people run around with topless/bottomless armors?

yes...

full nude!

True. But you're not as protected from attacks, I just want the armors that are in-game already to be even more revealing.

Archived