(2018-06-05 UPDATE) The Painted Lady *REDONE* - Color Matching Pubic Hairs

Growing pubic hairs does sound interesting, but I will leave that to those who are more adept at animations and scripting.

As for bodyslide integration, that is not possible without introducing problems.  First off, integrating with a particular body will reintroduce the old problem of the hairs not retaining the color.

Second, for the new bodyslide-created, pubic hairs to be able to match and retain the color of the main hair, it has to either be added as an additional headpart to the hairs (what the original, SKSE version accomplished) or be assigned to another headpart that the game will link to the main hair so that the colors match (what I did with the latest update).

There is a mod at Nexus that makes the pubic hairs craftable and worn.  The hairs change and retains the assigned color by way of a script that was used for armor, which explains why the pubic hairs are equippable and not an integral part of the character like the main hairs.

The only option that comes to mind, atm, is to use bodyslide or Outfit Studio to create more body-specific versions of the pubic hairs then added them to the Hairs Additional slider in the same manner I did with the current, but different people play the game differently so this can become a problem in itself.

How many different pregnant bodies are there?  There are some things to take into consideration such as, different bodies = different weighting, weight distribution, and standalone body vs bodyslide created body.

So I have to ask, is there a consensus over which pregnant bodies should be chosen to have the pubic hairs fit them?  Would bodyslide created pregnant bodies be the best choice?

Vioxsis can only do so much and  I can not guarantee something for everybody's personal preference.

Hmm, yeah, bar some really clever workaround it sounds like it'd be limited to a bunch of body-specific versions then.

In that case I suppose for CBBE users with custom bodies it'd be best to just ask them in the installer what general body types they have for the full _01 weight (normal, chubby, pregnant, etc), and just make a few appropriate of prefab versions of the mod that roughly fit each. Then at least the most clutter the user has to put up with are thin and heavy versions of each hair, rather than a full gambit of everything for every body.

And for people with really strange bodies or who just want exact matches, I guess you could just make a quick guide showing them how to align the heavy version of the hair themselves in bodyslide/nifscope?

Bit dirty, but hell, if it works.

How many different pregnant bodies are there?  There are some things to take into consideration such as, different bodies = different weighting, weight distribution, and standalone body vs bodyslide created body.

So I have to ask, is there a consensus over which pregnant bodies should be chosen to have the pubic hairs fit them?  Would bodyslide created pregnant bodies be the best choice?

Vioxsis can only do so much and  I can not guarantee something for everybody's personal preference.

Dunno, but would Bodyslide unp 0.5 preview (HDT meshes) be an option? It can be used in bodyslide unp and bodyslide2. Otherwise b3lisario's meshes should still be popular.

Hmm so far I have permissions to use hn66's long eyelashes, apachii's hairs, (i think I have permissions for painted lady) painted lady redone, and blanket permission for better vampire fangs for my npc makeover. Awaiting permission for SGhairs. So it's turning out well so far. I doubt I will be able to maintain the accuracy of one goal i had for it. That of not reusing a hair per race. As I'm almost to the point of needing to reuse for bretons, and only halfway through forsworn and mages. I suppose I can scrap that goal when it comes to non unique characters. But I will maintain my goal of certian, seemingly, high profile characters (such as housecarls,jarls, astrid, companions, etc) having unique hairs not used by anyone else in the game (well at least on my makeover)

Bodyslide is a likely choice.  The pubic hairs can be converted much like armors/clothes.

I'll put B3lisario's meshes on the list.

wow so u will make it compatible with bodyslide and equipable schlong ???? thats would be great XDD

To avoid confusion, the pubic hairs will not be part of any bodyslide created bodies.  Doing so will reintroduce the original problem with the hairs not retaining the assigned colors.  The subject of bodyslide had to do with making the pubic hairs fit custom bodies, particularly pregnant bodies, by being able to convert the hairs much like armors and clothes.  Once the hairs are converted for the custom body, they can then be added to the Painted Lady mod and selected in showracemenu for the custom bodies used in the game.

Also 'B3lisario's meshes' was referring to his pregnant body meshes, though the idea of being able to select schlongs in showracemenu, much like the pubic hairs, is intriguing.

Hmm so far I have permissions to use hn66's long eyelashes, apachii's hairs, (i think I have permissions for painted lady) painted lady redone, and blanket permission for better vampire fangs for my npc makeover. Awaiting permission for SGhairs. So it's turning out well so far. I doubt I will be able to maintain the accuracy of one goal i had for it. That of not reusing a hair per race. As I'm almost to the point of needing to reuse for bretons, and only halfway through forsworn and mages. I suppose I can scrap that goal when it comes to non unique characters. But I will maintain my goal of certian, seemingly, high profile characters (such as housecarls,jarls, astrid, companions, etc) having unique hairs not used by anyone else in the game (well at least on my makeover)

Not going to happen.  You'll have better luck with Apachii or KS.

Neat, I didn't know the game would even allow you to repurpose Facial Hair for female.

You could actually make these morph with body size, all you need is a TRI file that contains "SkinnyMorph" for the base TRI file (This is the same morph that controls the neck). It will use a value from 0-100% that reflects the body weight.

Although this assumes that the vaginal area even moves at all during the weight process, if it doesn't this probably isn't even necessary and should be conformed using bodyslide instead.

http://pastebin.com/WbWwwXpK

If you don't have 3ds, or don't understand how to make morphs I can help make the TRI file if you provide the high and low mesh.

Since it's unlikely I'll get permissions for SG, I'm going to scrap that and try for KS instead.. I'm sad at the loss of a few select hairs though. Good thing about me being easily sidetracked is I only have to redo 15 npc's...I'm going slow to hand pick each hair.

Building headpart list now while I await permissions for KS... Surprised that expired took an interest in this. This might make  pubic hair overlays obsolete..as they'd be replaced with actual meshes.

You still will have issues with it conforming to particular body types.

What would make this and maybe other projects better would be to dynamically attach cosmetic objects to the skeleton or skin. I've considered the possibility but never actually implemented it as I would need to define the scope in which it would be used. You would obviously require SKSE, and most likely NiOverride if I were to implement it. NiOverride already does something similar when it attaches overlay templates, the only difference is it doesn't bring it's own trishape with it, instead it shadows the original.

There's no reason you couldn't also just straight attach meshes or other things to the skeleton and not consume biped slots. The automatic colorization to hair color is rather trivial, this could be done internally as well.

Something like:

NiOverride.AttachArmor(actor, armor, self)

NiOverride.DetachArmor(actor, armor, self)

and

NiOverride.AttachArmorToAll(armor, self)

NiOverride.DetachArmorFromAll(armor, self)

Where 'self' is the owning Form, so that when the mod owning the Form is removed the key will also be removed with it.

Where it would follow similar procedures as the vanilla equipping (different AA for different Race, different mesh for gender, or do nothing and not crash if an empty mesh) with the exceptions of not consuming a biped slot and no Armor benefits like rating or enchantments.

Is a hairline missing a valid race flag an issue if the hair it's attached to has the proper valid race flag? That's something I notcied with the KS hairdo's esp. Just want to make sure it's not an issue before I go ahead. I notified them of it and asked if it would be an issue as well as the permissions I would need. Want to make sure this goes right. All my previous npc makeovers were rather shoddy work so I want this one to be right.

This may be making things a bit more complicated than they need to be; but what about a plug in for Bodyslide or the like for other body types? You can batch build your own bodies with the pube hair attatched, plug the meshes into the apropriate folder, and then Racemenu would be replacing the whole body not just the pube mesh. That would fix the weight slider and custom body issue wouldn't it?

The problem with attaching the pubic hairs to the body, much like the underwear on non-nude body replacers, is that it will no longer work with my mod and you can experience the hairs reverting to it's base color.  I'm not sure if RM's overlay system can color the pubic meshes, only the body.

I suppose you can create the custom body with the attached hairs then remove the body model leaving the hairs then make them selectable for the custom bodies provided the groin has not been drastically altered for each body.

For the record, if anyone cares, the hairs are not added by a custom RM (or ECE) slider,  I added the hairs to a vanilla slider which is untouched by RM and ECE.

I can confirm the mouse-wheel zoom function bug in this mod. Using the original, simple Painted Lady the moment that my character talked to another NPC and then closed the dialogue menu, zoom function died. No zoom at all. In fact, even in the "Level Up" screen, I couldn't zoom among the skill options.

I've stripped out everything else, dropped Painted Lady in, tried it, taken it out, tried again: absolutely it's this mod. 

I'm going to try the new "redone" version, but if the same result occurs, it's a mod-killer for me. Playing without the zoom function is terrible. You wind up stuck looking over the shoulder of your character - or you can have first person view. And nothing else. 

I have no idea why a simple mesh-type mod should kill the mouse zoom function, but I'm not the only person with the problem, as I've found in this forum. 

Great mod otherwise...

Good news: it looks as though this "redone" version has eliminated the mouse-wheel zoom function bug reported by some users. (Me, for example)

The original caused the zoom function to simply die the moment your character finished a conversation with any other character. This version -- so far -- hasn't done that. I'm going to start reloading other mods now, but I didn't have any other clashes before...

Good news: it looks as though this "redone" version has eliminated the mouse-wheel zoom function bug reported by some users. (Me, for example)

The original caused the zoom function to simply die the moment your character finished a conversation with any other character. This version -- so far -- hasn't done that. I'm going to start reloading other mods now, but I didn't have any other clashes before...

The original had an skse plugin that might have affected it. The redone version took a completely different approach to adding hairs to the player. I can't say if the plugin was to blame as that bug didn't affect me. But I do like the redone version better regardless.