(2018-06-05 UPDATE) The Painted Lady *REDONE* - Color Matching Pubic Hairs

Is there any way beside CK to add these to the bijin warmaidens? BW can't be edited through the CK, so it would have to be done manually through a different problem me thinks.

Why cannot BW be edited?

Cuz the edited npc's have been created using a 3rd party program to get the facial morphs, which CK can't handle. So they end up getting a generic morph instead of the real deal after being exported.

Why cannot BW be edited?

Cuz the edited npc's have been created using a 3rd party program to get the facial morphs, which CK can't handle. So they end up getting a generic morph instead of the real deal after being exported.

So it CAN be edited. Only that CK gives you something extra that you do not want.

Isn't this 'morph' only the face structure of the edited NPC? Why would you want to keep the one generated by CK?  

Why cannot BW be edited?

So it CAN be edited. Only that CK gives you something extra that you do not want.

Isn't this 'morph' only the face structure of the edited NPC? Why would you want to keep the one generated by CK?  

Ummm... you're missing my point. Ofcourse it CAN be edited, but it bugs out, and CK ultimately crashes as I exit the program. And no, I do not want to keep the CK edited version, but you have no choice IF you choose to do it with CK. That's the whole point. You can't add anything from this mod to BW without changing the facial features as it's flagged as facial hair. CK can't be used. Ergo, it has to be done some other way.

And no, I do not want to keep the CK edited version

This is where I do not understand. What is forcing you to keep the generated morph?

Is it because the facial hair you add is included in the generated morph?

Okay, so here's how it works:

First two point are important as they lay the foundation for the problem.

1. Bijin Warmaidens.esp has morphs generated with ECE or something.

2. Creation Kit doesn't like ECE created faces, so it messes up everything instead.

As there is no existing version of BW with Painted Lady Redone that actually works I have to manually edit an npc through the CK and give her "facial hair".

For the game not to give me gray face-bug I have to save the edited Bijin Warmaidens.esp and export the facegen of the npc I have edited.

This leaves me with a messed up face that has the correct facial hair, but everything else is wrong. (because CK hates ECE)

If I keep the new facegen file I just generated my Lydia (this is an example) will have the correct "facial hair", but her face will look nothing like the BW one. If I do not keep this file I have generated (with the messed up face) then this mod won't be applied.

If you haven't tried to do this yourself you really should. It will show you right away what I mean if you still don't understand the issues this causes.

This mod, even though it is pubic hair, applies to the face of female characters.

Bingo! Didn't see this part till after I wrote the answer. I'll leave the answer anyway :)

Bingo! Didn't see this part till after I wrote the answer. I'll leave the answer anyway :)

Well, that sucks. Guess there is no easy way out then.

I think you have to add facial hair to your maidens using the same way Bijin used to create them.

Install ECE.

Install maiden face preset for ECE.

Enter game.

showracemenu

Load the face of a maiden.

Follow the instruction from ECE front page.

Q. I want to apply face data made by ECE sliders to NPC.

You can import face morph to NPC.

? Body sliders, hair and colors cannot be applied.

1. First, make face you want to transport in showracemenu. The last face you make is saved in NoseType32.
  2. Load Skyrim.esm in CK, and save/create esp. Example Lydia.esp.
  3. Check and make the esp “active file”, load with “CharacterMaikingExtender.esp”. In addition, load hair esp/esm if you use.
  4. Select the actor you want to change, click the Reset All button and then select NoseType32 in the Character Gen tab.
  5. Edit the hair and makeup in Chargen Parts tab. Click the OK after editing.
  6. Output the actor selected to mesh with Ctrl + F4. Save it, temporarily.
  7. If you don't need CharacterMakingExtender.esp as master file, push the Ctrl + Delete deregistrate master in File->Data window->Parent Masters, and then load and save.
  8. That’s all.

Well, that sucks. Guess there is no easy way out then.

I think you have to add facial hair to your maidens using the same way Bijin used to create them.

Install ECE.

Install maiden face preset for ECE.

Enter game.

showracemenu

Load the face of a maiden.

Follow the instruction from ECE front page.

Q. I want to apply face data made by ECE sliders to NPC.

You can import face morph to NPC.

? Body sliders, hair and colors cannot be applied.

1. First, make face you want to transport in showracemenu. The last face you make is saved in NoseType32.
  2. Load Skyrim.esm in CK, and save/create esp. Example Lydia.esp.
  3. Check and make the esp “active file”, load with “CharacterMaikingExtender.esp”. In addition, load hair esp/esm if you use.
  4. Select the actor you want to change, click the Reset All button and then select NoseType32 in the Character Gen tab.
  5. Edit the hair and makeup in Chargen Parts tab. Click the OK after editing.
  6. Output the actor selected to mesh with Ctrl + F4. Save it, temporarily.
  7. If you don't need CharacterMakingExtender.esp as master file, push the Ctrl + Delete deregistrate master in File->Data window->Parent Masters, and then load and save.
  8. That’s all.

Thanks, I'll look into that way of doing things, but it just seems like too much work for very little reward :P The way I understand it is that ECE doesn't play well with a lot of mods, so I'll see if I bother with it :)

Is there any way beside CK to add these to the bijin warmaidens? BW can't be edited through the CK, so it would have to be done manually through a different problem me thinks.

Why cannot BW be edited?

Alot of the software that make faces are incompatible with CK.

Almost done with the makeover mod I've been working on since October.( eyesight and disk failure prolonged it alot) Apachii hairs and pubes for every single female npc in the game (minus Khajiit and Argonians Sorry ) Most have vanilla facial structure (built with cbbe and hn66's long eye lashes) dirt completely removed, many warpaints, reduced/removed/ changed so they are not the dominant feature of the selected face. I only need to start and finish the Nord women, every other race is complete. But nords have the most so maybe 75% done. (so far the forsworn took the longest) Hopefully I can finish by Wendesday. Then I can finally play again after 6 months lol.

Almost done with the makeover mod I've been working on since October.( eyesight and disk failure prolonged it alot) Apachii hairs and pubes for every single female npc in the game (minus Khajiit and Argonians Sorry ) Most have vanilla facial structure (built with cbbe and hn66's long eye lashes) dirt completely removed, many warpaints, reduced/removed/ changed so they are not the dominant feature of the selected face. I only need to start and finish the Nord women, every other race is complete. But nords have the most so maybe 75% done. (so far the forsworn took the longest) Hopefully I can finish by Wendesday. Then I can finally play again after 6 months lol.

I did the same thing to the Inhabitants of Skyrim overhaul. Real pain in the ass :P

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing something like that at nexus.  Just did a search and can't find it.

Will I do the same for Painted Lady?  No.

The whole purpose of PL is to add an way to select pubic hairs, like the main hair, with the added bonus of matching colors.

If anyone wants to make the pubes equippable like armor then be my guest.

I might have missunderstood. Sorry if I did, just wanted to throw another idea out there. 

I was under the impression that it was possible to edit the slides in RaceMenu with scripts. Perhaps a script that notices when something is equipped in a certain armor slot, and the it simple resets the "addition hair" to 0? And if that wont work, perhaps a "ring" or another equipable object that has the script tied to it. 

• 1 month later...

So I've been tring to use this + Racial Pubic Hairs Project with Bijin Warmaidens/Wives, and using both gives all unaffected vanilla women the grey face bug/mismatch. Since the authors of both seem to have left the modding scene, I don't know what to do from here.

I get nonor071's forewarned face mismatch whenever I have Bijin Warmaidens activated, but when I use creation kit to export the facegen data for the remaining vanilla characters (even while avoiding the characters that were modded by Warmaidens/Wives) the Warmaidens end up with bugged faces/hair while the vanilla characters look perfectly fine. It seems I can use either Bijin Warmaidens or Racial Pubic Hairs Project, is it not possible to use both?

I'm using Mod Organizer, have a rudamentary knowledge of Creation Kit, and am willing to do whatever technichal work is necessary for these two mods to get along, I just don't know what that work is... just please don't make me choose :(

Edit: I've come to realize that BSAs are bad when you plan to have lots of overwriting between mods. I extracted the contents of RPHP into loose files, and Mod Organizer was able to properly detect the facegen files that were supposed to be overwritten (I had to reinstall warmaidens/wives on top of the fact, but they work now). The only mystery left is how to use CK to add the pubes onto the Bijin Women as well, but I'm not gonna push my luck just yet! I'm just glad the two mods are getting along!

How many different pregnant bodies are there?  There are some things to take into consideration such as, different bodies = different weighting, weight distribution, and standalone body vs bodyslide created body.

So I have to ask, is there a consensus over which pregnant bodies should be chosen to have the pubic hairs fit them?  Would bodyslide created pregnant bodies be the best choice?

Vioxsis can only do so much and  I can not guarantee something for everybody's personal preference.

i have a bodyslide created body and so far there has not been any problems with this mod bubes not showing up

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe a silly question, but would it be possible to have this mod applied to all races; by default so that you do not have to indevidualy edit each char? You know, like the old 3D Pubic hairs? Or is it because i added the mod after starting the game that it only shows on my char?

The hairs do show up for all races.  The optional beast races master file replacer is only for beast races.  Unless that is what you want, one master to add the pubes to all races.

If you mean have it so that all NPCs automatically have the hairs then the answer is, not possible, because the way the pubic hairs are added to a character, it no different than installing custom hairs (such as Apachii, SG, or KS) and expecting all NPCs to automatically use them.

I'm not familiar with the old 3D pubic hairs you mentioned, but I'm guessing it only adds pubic hairs whereas mine adds the pubes and matches coloring with the head hairs.

I would think a 'patcher' might do the trick; run the patcher and automatically add the pubes to all female NPCs along with newly generated facegens/tints.  The problem is assigning which pube style to which NPC, not a problem if you want all females to use the same style.

The hairs do show up for all races.  The optional beast races master file replacer is only for beast races.  Unless that is what you want, one master to add the pubes to all races.

If you mean have it so that all NPCs automatically have the hairs then the answer is, not possible, because the way the pubic hairs are added to a character, it no different than installing custom hairs (such as Apachii, SG, or KS) and expecting all NPCs to automatically use them.

I'm not familiar with the old 3D pubic hairs you mentioned, but I'm guessing it only adds pubic hairs whereas mine adds the pubes and matches coloring with the head hairs.

I would think a 'patcher' might do the trick; run the patcher and automatically add the pubes to all female NPCs along with newly generated facegens/tints.  The problem is assigning which pube style to which NPC, not a problem if you want all females to use the same style.

I was curious, i had the old 3d pubic hairs and the older version of this, so curiosity got me and i loaded them both together to see what would happen, all npcs got painted lady pubes; but the pc got both, i thought this was amusing but then wondered if that indicated, that it could be possible to add the painted lady to all races as standard, though i agree; it would likely mean only one style, personaly i dont mind them all having the same style; so long as they all have their colours. lol

So yes, that would work for me, i am also assuming that due to it being a head/face attatchment/extentison to the head hair, i assume that it would nacturaly take the colour of the npc's hair?