Skyrim is Completely broken...

My skyrim has been heavily modded but stable for months now. In the past I have had major trouble and had to reinstall skyrim and my mods completely. I would really like to avoid this and losing my 50 hour save game.

The majority of my mods include textures, armors, gameplay mechanics, and sexlab. It was a fine and stable until I decided to try Sexlab Defeat even after having issues in the past. It was fine for a day until I started getting this issue where I would be knocked down and completely ignored by the attackers. This turned out to be the new Enhanced Camera mod so I uninstalled it considering it has been proven to be buggy. But then the next day I began getting the same issue. This time I didn't have Enhanced Camera or any other camera changing mods. I finally got fed up with Defeat and uninstalled it by following the authors direction. When I got back in-game, i continued to play. Come to find out, it wasn't over. Without defeat or any death alternative mod, I was still knocked-down instead of getting killed. I tried cleaning my save with the save cleaner thinking that it was an orphaned script, but it still continued. I finally accepted my fate and reverted to a save before I installed Sexlab Defeat. It turns out that it had infected every save that currently existed. Upon starting a new save, I had no issues.

So after this ordeal which I believe has some significance in my new problem, I have come upon something bigger. Now for some reason none of my saves will load at all. There is no load order issues. I have even tried to start up on "COC Qasmoke" but everytime, it freezes before the save can finish loading. If I open up the in-game steam interface while it is loading, it finishes but if i close the steam interface when it is done, it freezes and stops. I would really appreciate anyones' suggestions. I am a pretty seasoned Skyrim modder and have never had this problem before.

This is my latest Papyrus Document. I loaded it on COC Qasmoke: 

Load Order:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
AzarHair.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
CLARALUX - More and Brighter Lights.esm
SexLab.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
ImmersiveBountyHunting_Bandits.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
AK_RM_Pubic_Styles.esp
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
Aradia Lingerie Dress.esp
BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-6.esp
chfshPlayerVoicesets.esp
XiNafay - Kitty Corset.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
DemonHunterArmor.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
kuzak-bodyandstockings.esp
SkyUI.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp
NewmillerDarkVampKnight.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
Field Mage Outfit.esp
ScarletDawnArmor.esp
Convenient Horses - Faster Sprint.esp
More_Saddles.esp
GattiBondage0.esp
HunterArcherCuirass.esp
iHUD.esp
KJ Tattoos 4K.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Convenient Horses - Unique Frost.esp
LoversVictim.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
DeviouslyHelpless.esp
Masque of Clavicus Vile.esp
NusbieVoices.esp
RaceMenu.esp
Devious Devices - Gags+.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
Northgirl.esp
ElvenRogueArmor.esp
Strap.esp
SexLab Warmbodies.esp
VLCollisionFix.esp
GagSFX.esp
GagSFXDawnguard.esp
GagSFXDragonborn.esp
GagSFXHearthfires.esp
Bikini-MTM.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabProcreation.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Realistic Lighting.esp
RevampedExteriorFog.esp
Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp
Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp
rain_fog_storm_fix.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
TERAArmors.esp
ZazResources.esp
SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
Undeath.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
SoS - Civilization.esp
RealShelter.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
Dragonbone Marauder armor.esp
Dragonbone Marauder armor Addon.esp
Osare Underwear.esp
SoS - The Dungeons.esp
throneroom.esp
Better Vampires ML.esp
NS_HuntingGroundsOutfit.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
Sexy Armor Replacer Patch.esp
fallentreebridges.esp
Captured Dreams.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Cloaks.esp
Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
LeatherHarness - Bombshell.esp
ShellBondage - Bombshell.esp
Devious Cidhna.esp
SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
Riverwood Reborn.esp
Falkreath Reborn.esp
ImmersiveBountyHunting.esp
AliciaPainSlut.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
MidnightBreed.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Tame Beast.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
jkjsenhancedhotpools.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
LiFE.esp
RND_AnimalLoot.esp
Vampirelordroyal.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
SexLab-Stories.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
SexLabDangerousNights.esp
SpousesEnhanced.esp
Hunterborn.esp
Lilarcor.esp
Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp
Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp
SexLabAnimalSex.esp
R18pn - lingerie Set.esp
Aradia Lingerie Dress v0.2.1.esp
NewmillerHighHeelsBlck.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
SexLabAnimalSexDawn.esp
SexLabAnimalSexTame.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
DragonboneBarbarianArmor.esp
vMYC_MeetYourCharacters.esp
My Home Is Your Home.esp
zzArmormashups.esp
zzEstrus.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
better hunting prices.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
MoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-10.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp

have you verified the game cache through Steam?

Clean the Masters?

Can you start a new game and it work properly? (backup the saves to be safe before hand)

Did you make a back up of the save games before cleaning them?

Which manager are you using? NMM? Manually installed? Reason for Asking is MO wont' harm the Skyrim folder and you could copy the profile over and test the mods in the future and never loose your 50 + or more hour game. ( among other features.)

This problem you are having is above my experiences however the above are a few things I would try that you didn't mention.

have you verified the game cache through Steam?

Clean the Masters?

Can you start a new game and it work properly? (backup the saves to be safe before hand)

Did you make a back up of the save games before cleaning them?

Which manager are you using? NMM? Manually installed? Reason for Asking is MO wont' harm the Skyrim folder and you could copy the profile over and test the mods in the future and never loose your 50 + or more hour game. ( among other features.)

This problem you are having is above my experiences however the above are a few things I would try that you didn't mention.

I have tried starting a new game. It froze just like all my previous saves and COC Qasmoke. I have verified the game cache and reinstalled Skyrim while keeping my data file intact, but no dice. I currently use NMM. Never shown interest in MO. If my issues persist I will consider switching. I will try cleaning the masters. Thanks for the suggestions...

When you started a new game. It was without any mods active correct? A clean game without the files in the Data folder from your mods. ( backup them).

This is just to help make sure that there isn't something else wrong with your computer instead of the mods. Verification that Skyrim runs properly before we try to seriously work on the actual mods. False issues with a mod. Mentioned this because you have experience and have been running the mods for quite some time without problems until the most recent introduction of Defeat. Removing this mod should only effect the saves made with this mod not all your saves ( as far as I understand the Skyirm engine and game processes)

You didn't try to clean all your saves at the same time did you? You only tried to clean the saves related to the ones with Defeat? Hopefully you made a backup.

NO mods.. still problem.. computer / game issues. No mods.. no problems. it is a mod.Then you know that your base is good and you aren't chasing your tail when it isn't a mod issue. If you can start the game. Go somewhere where there are nobody else. Empty cell. Then wait there for a week ( I believe) so that the game can respawn and such. Works with other Gamebro engine based games. Might help. however you have to actually be able to get into the game. ( this will in theory allow the scripts that are floating around to hopefully run and terminate.) then create a new save and see if there are any remnants of the scripts happening.( strange hapenings)

If you do consider switching to MO. There is a slight learning curve as MO does things differently. Look through my sig and read about it more. There is also a thread here from awefularchdemon that is actively supported r/t mo and mo use. It can be intimidating to move to MO from NMM but the added features are very nice.

Good luck. If you can just start a new clean game without any mods active you would be good to go ( no need to reinstall the mods or more importantly the game). Without this occurring .. I am afraid that you might need to reload the entire game from scratch. Nucular option. Otherwise a week later you might just be right were you still are. Takes too much time to fix. If you can restart a new clean game and move from there at least you can avoid reinstalling the game might lose the 50 + hours of game play though.

When you started a new game. It was without any mods active correct? A clean game without the files in the Data folder from your mods. ( backup them).

This is just to help make sure that there isn't something else wrong with your computer instead of the mods. Verification that Skyrim runs properly before we try to seriously work on the actual mods. False issues with a mod. Mentioned this because you have experience and have been running the mods for quite some time without problems until the most recent introduction of Defeat. Removing this mod should only effect the saves made with this mod not all your saves ( as far as I understand the Skyirm engine and game processes)

You didn't try to clean all your saves at the same time did you? You only tried to clean the saves related to the ones with Defeat? Hopefully you made a backup.

NO mods.. still problem.. computer / game issues. No mods.. no problems. it is a mod.Then you know that your base is good and you aren't chasing your tail when it isn't a mod issue. If you can start the game. Go somewhere where there are nobody else. Empty cell. Then wait there for a week ( I believe) so that the game can respawn and such. Works with other Gamebro engine based games. Might help. however you have to actually be able to get into the game. ( this will in theory allow the scripts that are floating around to hopefully run and terminate.) then create a new save and see if there are any remnants of the scripts happening.( strange hapenings)

If you do consider switching to MO. There is a slight learning curve as MO does things differently. Look through my sig and read about it more. There is also a thread here from awefularchdemon that is actively supported r/t mo and mo use. It can be intimidating to move to MO from NMM but the added features are very nice.

Good luck. If you can just start a new clean game without any mods active you would be good to go ( no need to reinstall the mods or more importantly the game). Without this occurring .. I am afraid that you might need to reload the entire game from scratch. Nucular option. Otherwise a week later you might just be right were you still are. Takes too much time to fix. If you can restart a new clean game and move from there at least you can avoid reinstalling the game might lose the 50 + hours of game play though.

I tried Clean the Masters and it didn't help.

When I reinstalled I started it up with my modded data (which was kinda stupid). I am try to backtrack the papyrus and see if I can find out what mod might be causing the issue. If this turns up no-good, I will make a copy of my data folder and try with a completely fresh install.

Im taking MO into strong consideration.

Also if I'm reading correctly, if I can get in-game on a new save while no mods are installed, get to a small empty cell, and wait a week, it should terminate these scripts and therefore fix the issue in my 50+ Hours save? Or am I most likely going to have to let go of my save?

No guarantees that it can fix the scripts. however I hear that is the process for cleaning a file. Keep in mind some scripts get embedded into the saves now in Skyrim from what I hear and they never go away. Could be wrong but it can't hurt. It takes about 10 minutes after starting to move to an empty cell and wait in game for a week or so. Can't hurt at this point. In FNV and before it is used to fix some issues. I have used it before.

If you tried to clean the masters and it didn't help.. Unless you have done it many times before and are completely confident you didn't mess it up. I would re-verfy the cache again. .take a break while Steam downloads the various files that might have changed and try again  just in case you messed that part up. Some mod authors use those files that are cleaned and if they aren't cleaned properly that mod can break. Try the game dirty. ( when you start new without the mods)

You can always save those save files in case later you are able to fix the issues. Or if you run MO you can even copy those to a profile and experiment to try to save this. However you might just end up spending more time trying to fx the issue vs starting over. By this time there should be some others here helping you out with your issue. ( with more experience than I have. :)) There isn't. It just might be that there isn't much that can be done now other than what was posted above by the other member.

I would give it a day (24hours) to allow some of the experts to get a chance to see this thread and help. if no other help is available and you can't get it working .. I would start over. Consider MO or stay with NMM as it would likely only take you a couple of hours to reinstall the needed mods to get up and running with NMM as opposed to figuring out a new mod manager. Your choice.

No guarantees that it can fix the scripts. however I hear that is the process for cleaning a file. Keep in mind some scripts get embedded into the saves now in Skyrim from what I hear and they never go away. Could be wrong but it can't hurt. It takes about 10 minutes after starting to move to an empty cell and wait in game for a week or so. Can't hurt at this point. In FNV and before it is used to fix some issues. I have used it before.

If you tried to clean the masters and it didn't help.. Unless you have done it many times before and are completely confident you didn't mess it up. I would re-verfy the cache again. .take a break while Steam downloads the various files that might have changed and try again  just in case you messed that part up. Some mod authors use those files that are cleaned and if they aren't cleaned properly that mod can break. Try the game dirty. ( when you start new without the mods)

You can always save those save files in case later you are able to fix the issues. Or if you run MO you can even copy those to a profile and experiment to try to save this. However you might just end up spending more time trying to fx the issue vs starting over. By this time there should be some others here helping you out with your issue. ( with more experience than I have. :)) There isn't. It just might be that there isn't much that can be done now other than what was posted above by the other member.

I would give it a day (24hours) to allow some of the experts to get a chance to see this thread and help. if no other help is available and you can't get it working .. I would start over. Consider MO or stay with NMM as it would likely only take you a couple of hours to reinstall the needed mods to get up and running with NMM as opposed to figuring out a new mod manager. Your choice.

Thanks for your help. I will try some methods while I wait for the more experienced to see the post. If my trials turn up nothing, and I egt nothing useful from other users, I plan on reinstalling skyrim and my mods (for the 7 time I think). This time I will try to learn MO.

If you do decide to learn MO go here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20492-mod-organizer/

Let them know you are moving from Nmm and starting from a fresh clean install and need help with xxx mods as you progress through setting up FNIS and such. There is other links in my Sig for MO so look them over as well. I use Mo because no matter how badly I screw up those mods installed in mo I just have to delete that profile or offending mod(s) and move on. I might loose a play through because I screwed up but I won't hurt the main folder. The only place I can hurt the main game folder is those files that go into the main folder ( where Skyrim.exe is located) Then simple. Move MO folder out. Delete the potentially bad files whatever. Delete anything in question. verify cache ( love that feature can't you tell? :D) and let the game fix the files. Reinstall those files again and drag Mo back into the Skyrim folder. .. Oh by the way you don't really need it in the folder. You can install Mo anywhere. Even on a different drive. Just find the Skyrim .exe when you activate MO and your good to go.

Sorry you are having troubles and sorry I can't help you more. That is one draw back of using MO. I haven't really had those problems you are having.

Hey, I had the same problem too, but there is a fix without removing any of your mods.

The issue is the number of mods themselves. Skyrim seems to have trouble loading a gamesave when there is over 500mb of data to be stored in ram. 

In other words, skyrim doesn't put enough ram aside to load a heavily modded game. There is a fix that can correct that, and make it so skyrim puts as much ram aside as it needs.

I hope your computer has at least 8gb of ram. Cause you'll need it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/?

Hey, I had the same problem too, but there is a fix without removing any of your mods.

The issue is the number of mods themselves. Skyrim seems to have trouble loading a gamesave when there is over 500mb of data to be stored in ram. 

In other words, skyrim doesn't put enough ram aside to load a heavily modded game. There is a fix that can correct that, and make it so skyrim puts as much ram aside as it needs.

I hope your computer has at least 8gb of ram. Cause you'll need it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/?

Already done it

Let them know you are moving from Nmm and starting from a fresh clean install and need help with xxx mods as you progress through setting up FNIS and such. There is other links in my Sig for MO so look them over as well. I use Mo because no matter how badly I screw up those mods installed in mo I just have to delete that profile or offending mod(s) and move on. I might loose a play through because I screwed up but I won't hurt the main folder. The only place I can hurt the main game folder is those files that go into the main folder ( where Skyrim.exe is located) Then simple. Move MO folder out. Delete the potentially bad files whatever. Delete anything in question. verify cache ( love that feature can't you tell? :D) and let the game fix the files. Reinstall those files again and drag Mo back into the Skyrim folder. .. Oh by the way you don't really need it in the folder. You can install Mo anywhere. Even on a different drive. Just find the Skyrim .exe when you activate MO and your good to go.

Sorry you are having troubles and sorry I can't help you more. That is one draw back of using MO. I haven't really had those problems you are having.

I started it with a clean save and vanilla game and no issues. As soon as I put in my Modded Data Folder it was right back to before. Its defintely something in there.

I started it with a clean save and vanilla game and no issues. As soon as I put in my Modded Data Folder it was right back to before. Its defintely something in there.

That is good news. At least you don't have to change managers or fiddle with your game files. Now only work to figure out which is the cause. Now if it crashes perhaps use the TESedit and see if any errors occur. Doubt it is the case and I believe you would have already tried it but still just to be sure I have to mention it.

As far as the post above about the textures. Many of the most popular textures I use myself without any problem. Provided that they are only textures ( not esm/esps included ) and that you aren't overloading the vram ( 3.1gigs or less if you have less on your graphics card) I discount that issue as you had a fully functional system before Defeat. I don't believe Defeat added any textures or such and you aren't showing typical texture overloading issues. ( missing textures purple ( I believe it is purple for Skyrim) and other artifacts etc.) Could be the issue but I doubt it.

If memory serves me correctly you only had this problem after 50+ hours when you added Defeat. Then tried to clean the saves. when the problem first happened. ( hope you made a backup of them before attempting to save them :))

Now based on that with confirmation that the base game does indeed work without the mods added. we can move to getting these mods added back into the data folder and get the game up and running. Good and bad news. Hopefully it is just a corrupted mod that is preventing the game from starting. If so fresh copies downloaded of all the mods installed fresh in proper order should fix the issue provided you avoid Defeat. A little testing here and there to be sure that the game starts. Perhaps play through to where you escape and head to Riverwood without any mods and then make a save there. I have a save where you are giving your name. I like that part for my base save. Anyway. Start adding the fresh copies of your mods to NMM in proper order so that you overwrite the correct files again. Load a few, correct the load order and fire Skyrim up and make sure you can play. Stop and repeat for a few more mod installs and repeat again and again the process until you get all the mods back installed. At this point I suspect with fresh mods and save you should work just fine.

What about the 50+ hour saves? If you fee brave backup your NMM folder/ Skyrim data folder etc. and load backup of a save before Defeat was added. Preferably not cleaned. Not necessary since you won't have the problem mod installed and such. If it works thank whatever God(s) you worship because you likely pulled a miracle out your ass. If not you at least got back to a functional level.

In either case.. don't screw with anything else after you load the game .. no new mods .. no patches nothing when running a 50+ hour play through using NMM. It just isn't worth it .. Now with MO.. Copy profile. Add Mod, play. Don't like .. Delete that copied profile. Select the previous one. Play. Done. Only thing lost is the time you played with the new mod or changes. Even that is only the case if it messes up the save. or it cannot be cleaned. If it can you can still copy the save to the current profile and play from there. .. .

That is good news. At least you don't have to change managers or fiddle with your game files. Now only work to figure out which is the cause. Now if it crashes perhaps use the TESedit and see if any errors occur. Doubt it is the case and I believe you would have already tried it but still just to be sure I have to mention it.

As far as the post above about the textures. Many of the most popular textures I use myself without any problem. Provided that they are only textures ( not esm/esps included ) and that you aren't overloading the vram ( 3.1gigs or less if you have less on your graphics card) I discount that issue as you had a fully functional system before Defeat. I don't believe Defeat added any textures or such and you aren't showing typical texture overloading issues. ( missing textures purple ( I believe it is purple for Skyrim) and other artifacts etc.) Could be the issue but I doubt it.

If memory serves me correctly you only had this problem after 50+ hours when you added Defeat. Then tried to clean the saves. when the problem first happened. ( hope you made a backup of them before attempting to save them :))

Now based on that with confirmation that the base game does indeed work without the mods added. we can move to getting these mods added back into the data folder and get the game up and running. Good and bad news. Hopefully it is just a corrupted mod that is preventing the game from starting. If so fresh copies downloaded of all the mods installed fresh in proper order should fix the issue provided you avoid Defeat. A little testing here and there to be sure that the game starts. Perhaps play through to where you escape and head to Riverwood without any mods and then make a save there. I have a save where you are giving your name. I like that part for my base save. Anyway. Start adding the fresh copies of your mods to NMM in proper order so that you overwrite the correct files again. Load a few, correct the load order and fire Skyrim up and make sure you can play. Stop and repeat for a few more mod installs and repeat again and again the process until you get all the mods back installed. At this point I suspect with fresh mods and save you should work just fine.

What about the 50+ hour saves? If you fee brave backup your NMM folder/ Skyrim data folder etc. and load backup of a save before Defeat was added. Preferably not cleaned. Not necessary since you won't have the problem mod installed and such. If it works thank whatever God(s) you worship because you likely pulled a miracle out your ass. If not you at least got back to a functional level.

In either case.. don't screw with anything else after you load the game .. no new mods .. no patches nothing when running a 50+ hour play through using NMM. It just isn't worth it .. Now with MO.. Copy profile. Add Mod, play. Don't like .. Delete that copied profile. Select the previous one. Play. Done. Only thing lost is the time you played with the new mod or changes. Even that is only the case if it messes up the save. or it cannot be cleaned. If it can you can still copy the save to the current profile and play from there. .. .

I decided to wipe and start new. I installed my mods with fresh downloaded files. I started a new save and there were no issues. I tried accessing my older saves hopping that the defeat issue would be gone but this wasn't the case. Thanks for your help. I have decided to begin learning MO and may switch when I'm comfortable.

It is generally advised to start fresh with MO and not try to use the NMM import feature of MO. It is experimental and many do have issues. Those that start fresh like you are doing gets the best MO has to offer. If you intend to use MO it might be the time to try before you invest loads of time reloading NMM again.

I decided to wipe and start new. I installed my mods with fresh downloaded files. I started a new save and there were no issues. I tried accessing my older saves hopping that the defeat issue would be gone but this wasn't the case. Thanks for your help. I have decided to begin learning MO and may switch when I'm comfortable.

As a recent convert to MO, I can tell you that it's a lot easier than you think to make the switch. I hemmed and hawed and DREADED starting over, but my game go to a point where there were just too many things messing up.

So.....

I followed the instructions HERE for moving my Skyrim folder out of C:\\Program Files (x86). I had enough room on my hard drive that instead of MOVING the files, I COPIED them to the new location.

Then I renamed my original C:\\program files (x86)\Steam folder to C:\\program files (x86)\NO-Steam

Following the above instructions it was pretty easy to move the entire folder. 

In the NEW location I deleted my skyrim data folder (from the NEW location.... not the ORIGINAL one) and did the "verify cache" procedure with Steam and basically ended up with a shiny new Skyrim installation.

I installed SKSE manually (easy to do).

That's the ONLY thing I installed outside of Mod Organizer.

Installed Mod Organizer

In Mod Organizer, keep one profile as VANILLA. You can call it whatever you want, but I called mine Vanilla. :)

I start any NEW character in that profile.

I'm still learning, so I'm no expert at this yet, but it was pretty easy for me to have a couple of different profiles with different mod combinations in them. 

While I was examining my mods and deciding which ones would go into my first NON-Vanilla profile, I repacked them for Mod Organizer where necessary. Made a folder called Repacked-for-MO and away we went.

Now keep in mind that because I didn't DESTROY my original Skyrim installation (yet), I can still go back into that original data folder and retrieve custom armor meshes, all my carefully crafted HDT xml files, custom body meshes, etc.

In fact I'm pretty sure I could go back into that old installation and run BodySlide if I want to modify my HDT 1.3 body (again). 

The point is.... keeping the old installation while working on the new one has enabled me to grab stuff I would have lost, zip it easily into MO-Friendly "patches" and pop in whatever new armor meshes, body meshes, etc I want.

AND I can now COPY a profile that I use and give it a new name and install mods into THAT to make sure everything is shaking hands and playing nice before I commit that new mod to my working profile. 

I think I've been at this for a total of 5 days. Not SOLID, but a little here and a little there. I have a profile I can PLAY while I mess around from time to time modding OTHER profiles to see how stuff works together.

Sorry this got so long-winded. Changing to MO is a LOT easier than I thought it was going to be. It solved a lot of problems for me and I just keep finding stuff that it can do to make my life easier. 

Archived