Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

Hi Veladarius,

a really great mod, enjoying it very much :)

Just one question, can the devious devices (of course not the equipped ones) be made sellable to anyone (smithes, mages, shopkeepers, ...)?

They are quite valuable and their weights get my PC quickly overencumbered if I don´t stuff them away into any container I pass along the way right now.

Just a suggestion

Hi Veladarius,

Just one question, can the devious devices (of course not the equipped ones) be made sellable to anyone (smithes, mages, shopkeepers, ...)?

They are quite valuable and their weights get my PC quickly overencumbered if I don´t stuff them away into any container I pass along the way right now.

Just a suggestion

I've not had any trouble selling them to vendors; I do have to have the Speech perk where you can sell anything to anyone, though.

Hi Veladarius,

Just a suggestion

Hi Totenbarg,

Short answer: It's already possible to sell them if you have the Sell-Anything perk.

Long answer:

The devices are only sellable if you have the "Sell Anything" merchant perk. This is due to my including the VendorNoSale tag on all devices. Due to the way I designed the scripts powering the devices, a wealth-exploit exists, in that it is possible to sell a worn device repeatedly (The scripts promptly reequip the device if you try selling it, though you still receive gold from the transaction), if you have said perk. Thus, them being unsellable in the first place.

One question: do I need to create a bashed patch or is it enough to create a merged patch with TES5EDIT? I don't use Wrye, and to install it only for it would be too much.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to create a merged patch with TES5EDIT with it. I used Wrye as that is what I am used to using.

So I have been playing with SOS, SOS for UNP and Devious Devices. I did a minor retexture on the SOS underwear for men and am seeing if I can use it as a male device. Also, I have figured out how to have the female belt keep the futa penis from showing on women. It has been a naughty day so far.

Pics of a few things:

post-101267-0-19932500-1385327909_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-94937100-1385327910_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-72579000-1385327912_thumb.jpg

I also figured out how to just have the penis show up on females of just custom races.

Ok, so fake keys act like you don't have a key. Got it.

Also did some item ID checks, and found that out.

And then found a MAJOR glitch. I picked up the book 'Lost Legends' and had a read.

Then I was wearing a C-Belt that spawned out of nowhere. This reliably happens every time I do it. I mean... it's not THAT exciting a book...

are there any plans to add MCM options to this to tweak drop rates and real/fake key rates.

I've picked up around 20 of each key (chastity and restraint) yet never had one that works.

Is this a normal fake key rate or am I just really unlucky

As I am finding out the real keys are far rarer than I intended so I am looking to reorganize the lists I have made. Currently the real keys only spawn on enemies level 19 or higher (2nd highest bandits).

Adding a menu for MCM is beyond my abilities and I don't think the leveled lists can be made to use a variable. As it is the leveled lists are tempermental and too much complexity breaks them.

And then found a MAJOR glitch. I picked up the book 'Lost Legends' and had a read.

Then I was wearing a C-Belt that spawned out of nowhere. This reliably happens every time I do it. I mean... it's not THAT exciting a book...

That is very strange. Can you post a papyrus log of when it happens?

I certainly can! How do you do that? ^.^;;;

I certainly can! How do you do that? ^.^;;;

Open the Skyrim ini file and change these settings:

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

Start Skyrim and recreate the event then exit. The log should be in: My Games/Skyrim/Logs/Script. Zip the papyrus.0 file and post it here.

I am currently tweaking the next version. I am changing the key appearance rates and they will appear in with other loot so there is a better chance of finding keys. I am also making Sayma at Bits and Pieces able to buy and sell the belts (can't sell quest items) just working on her having items to sell on her own. Also trying to have her sell the gags and such included in the ZAZ Animation Pack since it is already a master.

So instead of having Sayma as a merchant I decided to create a custom merchant and store. I used the same building as the Frozen Hearth and placed it just north of the Half Moon Mill. Currently there are 11 npc's: Main floor (full time) have the Master and 2 Assistants as well as (part time) 6 'models' who sleep in the basement which also has 2 Smiths. Currently the Master sells items from Devious Devices as well as items from ZAZ Animation (gags and such). The Assistants don't currently do anything but I will probably set them up to be able to sell things. The models wear a number of different sets of items (gags, collars, cuffs and belts) and each have a display position where they can take a number of different poses from the ZAZ Animation pack. I don't have any clothes added but since I set up the outfits and merchants using leveled lists they can be easily added without disturbing anything already worn or sold.

Some Pics:

View from road by Half Moon Mill

post-101267-0-89266900-1386044956_thumb.jpg

View of front from road

post-101267-0-03601500-1386044956_thumb.jpg

Interior view before starting to place items

post-101267-0-06513200-1386044955_thumb.jpg

Interior view with npc's and some items

post-101267-0-68204100-1386044951_thumb.jpg

Basement veiw

post-101267-0-85516300-1386044953_thumb.jpg

Basement forge

post-101267-0-68857100-1386044952_thumb.jpg

I am almost done tweaking the key drop rates. Higher level enemies will have a better chance of having keys but unlike before low level enemies will also have a chance to have them as well. Keys have also been added to some of the furniture leveled lists so they will appear there as well.

That looks awesome!

I've been playing with this mod in my game for a while now, and it's cool. I get odd messages like "can't insert those plugs while x is wearing the belt" or some such. They're said from first-person, even though NPCs are doing these things. Is this being looked at? I think I even get the devices in my inventory when they can't be used, because a lot of the time I become over weight and have to find where the extra pounds came from.

Also, would it be possible to add NPCs putting devices on my character as a result of either a random scene (or is this more a domain of DD: integration?) or at the end of rape/defeat? Or, is that also more appropriate for the defeat/surrender mods to add?

Because, I find that my own character hasn't been tempted to slip any of the devices on voluntarily, even though she's found quite a few. So, something forced/random would be interesting. Also, I haven't gotten around to starting the main quests involving the book (since I've yet to gain entry to the mage school). So, maybe this idea is already well catered for...

Well, I look forward to the new version. Thanks.

Lemme say that a full on store would be an awesome idea!

It does immediately seem to expand beyond the promised bounds of this mod, though.  Might need a name change?

Actually I think that the name fits even better now - while before it was based on random chance through leveled lists alone, now the devices will be truly available to the masses through a dedicated storefront.

That looks awesome!

I've been playing with this mod in my game for a while now, and it's cool. I get odd messages like "can't insert those plugs while x is wearing the belt" or some such. They're said from first-person, even though NPCs are doing these things. Is this being looked at? I think I even get the devices in my inventory when they can't be used, because a lot of the time I become over weight and have to find where the extra pounds came from.

Also, would it be possible to add NPCs putting devices on my character as a result of either a random scene (or is this more a domain of DD: integration?) or at the end of rape/defeat? Or, is that also more appropriate for the defeat/surrender mods to add?

Because, I find that my own character hasn't been tempted to slip any of the devices on voluntarily, even though she's found quite a few. So, something forced/random would be interesting. Also, I haven't gotten around to starting the main quests involving the book (since I've yet to gain entry to the mage school). So, maybe this idea is already well catered for...

For the messages, turn off the NPC comments in the MCM menu for Devious Devices. As for having NPC's put belts on players Min, Zadil and I are working on a mod that will do something like that. As for a reason to use the belts voluntarily I find that if you have one of the pregnancy mods it is a great way to keep from getting pregnant.

That looks awesome!

For the messages, turn off the NPC comments in the MCM menu for Devious Devices. As for having NPC's put belts on players Min, Zadil and I are working on a mod that will do something like that. As for a reason to use the belts voluntarily I find that if you have one of the pregnancy mods it is a great way to keep from getting pregnant.

Hmm. I thought I fixed the requiremebt of having to disable npc messages, when I added the IsMenuOpen checks to differentiate between voluntary equips initiated by the player, and involuntary equips initiated by your add-on / quests. Will test later when I have time.