[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

Shall i create a "Femboy Content thread" in the meanwhile ?

Femboy content was posted in the Male Content Call Out thread previously.

It might be fine even if the OP prefers the addition of links to new mods rather than images.

you can imagine i've gotten rather cautious. Don't wish to create a thread if another thread already serves that purpose.

I've noticed that Male content call out focusses almost specifically on very masculine and menly men, and so i feel it might be rather uncomfortable to post very feminine men there.

It might be fine even if the OP prefers the addition of links to new mods rather than images.

you can imagine i've gotten rather cautious. Don't wish to create a thread if another thread already serves that purpose.

I've noticed that Male content call out focusses almost specifically on very masculine and menly men, and so i feel it might be rather uncomfortable to post very feminine men there.

That's exactly it   and In MY opinion  Not always welcome in the futa thread either .

So we kinda all post here ....

I  think there would be a better place to link all the available content ,what little there is.

As well as a place share screenshots, mod info  and you know forum stooof

so I think this is a great idea !!!

That's exactly it   and In MY opinion  Not always welcome in the futa thread either .

So we kinda all post here ....

I  think there would be a better place to link all the available content ,what little there is.

As well as a place share screenshots, mod info  and you know forum stooof

so I think this is a great idea !!!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/77869-femboy-content-thread-femboy-news-and-more/?p=1896618

There we go!

Great to see the leaps and bounds you guys are making on this ^_^ can't wait for the finished product ..... think it will work with SE properly?

With a few tweaks it should, altough it wouldn't be using SoS as it requires SKSE, and well Skyrim SE doesn't have SKSE available (yet).

Great to see the leaps and bounds you guys are making on this ^_^ can't wait for the finished product ..... think it will work with SE properly?

With a few tweaks it should, altough it wouldn't be using SoS as it requires SKSE, and well Skyrim SE doesn't have SKSE available (yet).

Right ... and still no word on when that will be available guess I'll just stick to the non-SE version of Skyrim once this comes out XD
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sure do hope this mod is still being worked on. I've just installed Skyrim for the second time since it's been released and actually am setting the game up with mods so that it meets my taste and needs. But while I do want to jump in and play it I really don't want to start off the game as anything other than a femboy. Although I would switch from femboy to female here and there since I like the idea of gender bending in games if given the opportunity. I like what has been created and done so far though and look forward to the finished race! Great work really!  :D  :lol:

So, quick message from me with a bit of info.

First and foremost, sorry for the silence. I've been rather busy IRL between my driving license (which I failed to get sadly) and trying to get hired as a translator (no luck on that end either). Due to that I didn't work on the mod as of late, although I did read a bit about texturing and such to get some knowledge that will certainly prove useful for the mod itself.

Secondly, as you probably know, Bethesda is trying Paid Mods V 2.0 with the Creation Club. If you're wondering if my opinion and stance about that has changed in any way, the answer is simple: nope. The inherent hatred that paid mods inspire me has not placated one bit, and just like I said two years ago, I will never, under any circumstance whatsoever sell my mods. So no, the femboy mod will not cost a dime.

First and foremost, sorry for the silence. I've been rather busy IRL between my driving license (which I failed to get sadly) and trying to get hired as a translator (no luck on that end either). Due to that I didn't work on the mod as of late, although I did read a bit about texturing and such to get some knowledge that will certainly prove useful for the mod itself.

Secondly, as you probably know, Bethesda is trying Paid Mods V 2.0 with the Creation Club. If you're wondering if my opinion and stance about that has changed in any way, the answer is simple: nope. The inherent hatred that paid mods inspire me has not placated one bit, and just like I said two years ago, I will never, under any circumstance whatsoever sell my mods. So no, the femboy mod will not cost a dime.

I got my driving license on my second attempt, though the first time I didn't even get to try because the dmv (or rather the MC) didn't organize any driving exam before my temporary license expired. So, yeah, that sucks big time.

On another note, I was trying a mod for sse (that can be used in the originale skyrim with some tweaks), the trans race.

This race basically replaces the male meshes and textures with females'.

While the mod works just fine, while playing something occurred to me, which I should've actually seen coming way before. If the game recognizes the pc or a npc as a male, it will load the male versions of all meshes, be it armors, clothes, amulets and so on so forth. The only way to bypass this issue is editing the esps so that armors use the same model for both females and males, which is quite the tedious process and can cause various issues, especially with items included in leveled lists (such as vanilla armors).

Just something to keep in mind when building a trap race, the easy way is making it a female race, the downside is that you will be treated for all intents and purposes as a full fledged female, which, imo, ruins the immersion and kinda defeats the purpose of a femboy race.

I got my driving license on my second attempt, though the first time I didn't even get to try because the dmv (or rather the MC) didn't organize any driving exam before my temporary license expired. So, yeah, that sucks big time.

On another note, I was trying a mod for sse (that can be used in the originale skyrim with some tweaks), the trans race.

While the mod works just fine, while playing something occurred to me, which I should've actually seen coming way before. If the game recognizes the pc or a npc as a male, it will load the male versions of all meshes, be it armors, clothes, amulets and so on so forth. The only way to bypass this issue is editing the esps so that armors use the same model for both females and males, which is quite the tedious process and can cause various issues, especially with items included in leveled lists (such as vanilla armors).

Just something to keep in mind when building a trap race, the easy way is making it a female race, the downside is that you will be treated for all intents and purposes as a full fledged female, which, imo, ruins the immersion and kinda defeats the purpose of a femboy race.

Yeah I know I'm not the only one who doesn't ace it. My best friend got it on his third attempt.

As for the femboy race I'm well aware of that. After all it's basically an advanced swap of the body meshes. Since everything else is untouched well, the game will still treat the player as a girl despite the male meshes. I'm considering trying to see if those meshes can be fitted to males as well. I gave it a shot a while back (like atthe early stages of this) and it was unsuccessful, but given the knowledge I've gained I'm rather sure I can do the swap for males too. I've actually been thinking about making the mesh swap for both genders, so that if the player wants to play a femboy that gets mistaken as a girl he/she can, but if he/she wants to play as a guy who has a feminine appearance, well to be able to do just that.

Armors-wise, the trick is to create a new set of rules for the race (at least it's how it works in skyrim) that is separate from the other ones. That avoids any kinds of problems. Issue is that it's still a rather tedious task as you have to basically readd them all. It's not very difficult, it's just lengthy and boring AFAIK. For Fallout 4 (assuming I'll port this mod to F4 once it's done) it might be a tiny bit trickier but I'm farily sure that it works in the same manner. After all the engine is the same and the creation tools are also very similar.

In all cases I'll try to give it a go and make a femboy race and swap the male meshes instead. If my memory serves me right there's a checkbox in the creation tools that says "use opposite gender animations" which you can tick. What makes me a bit more concerned though is the skeleton. I'm not sure how much the male and female skeletons differ in the game. For starters it won't have the breast bones (obviously) but I don't know how the rest differs (are the legs proportionated differently ? Is that also the case for the arms ? ).

In all cases I'll experiment and see how that goes :)

Yeah I know I'm not the only one who doesn't ace it. My best friend got it on his third attempt.

As for the femboy race I'm well aware of that. After all it's basically an advanced swap of the body meshes. Since everything else is untouched well, the game will still treat the player as a girl despite the male meshes. I'm considering trying to see if those meshes can be fitted to males as well. I gave it a shot a while back (like atthe early stages of this) and it was unsuccessful, but given the knowledge I've gained I'm rather sure I can do the swap for males too. I've actually been thinking about making the mesh swap for both genders, so that if the player wants to play a femboy that gets mistaken as a girl he/she can, but if he/she wants to play as a guy who has a feminine appearance, well to be able to do just that.

Armors-wise, the trick is to create a new set of rules for the race (at least it's how it works in skyrim) that is separate from the other ones. That avoids any kinds of problems. Issue is that it's still a rather tedious task as you have to basically readd them all. It's not very difficult, it's just lengthy and boring AFAIK. For Fallout 4 (assuming I'll port this mod to F4 once it's done) it might be a tiny bit trickier but I'm farily sure that it works in the same manner. After all the engine is the same and the creation tools are also very similar.

In all cases I'll try to give it a go and make a femboy race and swap the male meshes instead. If my memory serves me right there's a checkbox in the creation tools that says "use opposite gender animations" which you can tick. What makes me a bit more concerned though is the skeleton. I'm not sure how much the male and female skeletons differ in the game. For starters it won't have the breast bones (obviously) but I don't know how the rest differs (are the legs proportionated differently ? Is that also the case for the arms ? ).

The main problem are vanilla items, even a mod like pcear doesn't include items like circlets and necklaces. Most custom armors are not even included in leveled lists so they aren't an issue.

Also the race I'm using (which is based on the ningheim race) simply reroots in the esp all paths so that the male body uses the female assets, skeleton included. It's a simple solution though it also means that there is no difference between male and female body since the resources are shared; having two separate sets would give us more flexibility.

Edit: actually I explained myself poorly, the main problem aren't leveled lists but the fact that if you're a male, no matter what race or body type, it will load male armors, clothing, etc. As far as I know this is hard-coded into the engine and the only way to work around this issue is editing the armors (either esp or meshes) which is an insane amount of work and entails editing third party mods.

The main problem are vanilla items, even a mod like pcear doesn't include items like circlets and necklaces. Also the race I'm using (which is based on the ningheim race) simply reroots in the esp all paths so that the male body uses the female assets, skeleton included. It's a simple solution though it also means that there is no difference between male and female body since the resources are shared; having two separate sets would give us more flexibility.

Yep. Its exactly why I went for the custom assets route. Not only it makes the mod more polished but it also helps mitigate damage if I eff up something in the development (like suddently having all the females in Skyrim have missing or messed up textures as example).

Given what you're saying with the Nigheim race, it is possible then to use the female skeeton with the males and that is a good thing for this mod.

As for circlets and necklaces they're a bit different in their design AFAIK. For starters they're using a specific slot and from what I've seen that slot can sometimes eff up. However that's not what is bothering me on that end. Circlets should be easy to use as I'll just use the regular female head shape. Amulets however if worn and visible match the shape of the breasts (as they're basically being dragged down by gravity) and are modeled with that in mind. What this means is that if I equip an amulet on the femboy race I'll end up having the amulet following the curve of these nonexistent breasts.I'll have to look if I can somehow have the race use the male chest profile exclusively for amulets as if it's not possible, it'd require some remeshing of the amulets for the best fit in the game.

The same problem is also present (although not critical to the release of the mod) with long hair sets akin to those ApachiiSKyHair offers. Haircuts like the 75A and 75B, 79 or 73 pose no problem as they dangle only on the back. However for haircuts number 76,77 and 85 as example, givne how they follow the breastline, if equipped on a femboy race they will again hang on invisible breasts. I'll have to look if vanilla haircuts share the same specifics.

Well Jarka, I just gave it a shot and it works. I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight because of what I've seend but whatever :P

1499711411-20170710202601-1.jpg

1499711409-20170710202551-1.jpg

So yeah it works. I just haven't figured out yet how to swap the head mesh though. Changing the voice is easy enough but for the voice well, that's another story :P
SoS doesn't work either on it but it's probably because it doesn't recognize the custom race I made. There's still that hand and feet misalignment that annoys me but I'll figure it out later on (body meshes aren't finished yet after all as I still haven't tackled the whole normal map problem.

So yeah it's doable but it needs more work ^^

Well Jarka, I just gave it a shot and it works. I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight because of what I've seend but whatever :P

So yeah it works. I just haven't figured out yet how to swap the head mesh though. Changing the voice is easy enough but for the voice well, that's another story :P

SoS doesn't work either on it but it's probably because it doesn't recognize the custom race I made. There's still that hand and feet misalignment that annoys me but I'll figure it out later on (body meshes aren't finished yet after all as I still haven't tackled the whole normal map problem.

The Ningheim race is pretty useful as an example because it changes every head part and texture and there's a whole lot of those.

Also the creepiness level of those screenshots is over 9000 :o  :lol:

Btw, about your previous post, I use Immersive Jewelry and most necklaces look fine enough since they don't even reach the chest area.

The Ningheim race is pretty useful as an example because it changes every head part and texture and there's a whole lot of those.

Also the creepiness level of those screenshots is over 9000 :o  :lol:

Btw, about your previous post, I use Immersive Jewelry and most necklaces look fine enough since they don't even reach the chest area.

I'm gonna download the Ningheim race and peek a look ^^

And yeah I warned ya xD

All righty, thanks for the heads up :D

So I gave a look at the Ningheim race but I sadly couldn't find the info I needed about custom head meshes. However I remembered the Sharkmer race that you can find here on LL. It features plenty of custom stuff... including a custom head mesh :D So I've downloaded it and I'm gonna dive into it with the Creation Kit to see how to manage the head mesh swap ^^

So I gave a look at the Ningheim race but I sadly couldn't find the info I needed about custom head meshes. However I remembered the Sharkmer race that you can find here on LL. It features plenty of custom stuff... including a custom head mesh :D So I've downloaded it and I'm gonna dive into it with the Creation Kit to see how to manage the head mesh swap ^^

Weird, maybe the transgender race is different. I just checked and it's everything under the "head part" section of the esp, head meshes and tri morphs for all head parts.

Weird, maybe the transgender race is different. I just checked and it's everything under the "head part" section of the esp, head meshes and tri morphs for all head parts.

Perhaps I didn't see it but as far as I could see in the CK there wasn't a custom head mesh. I'll look at the archive directly and see what's up in there. The sharkmer race definitely has it.

EDIT: Looking through the files in the archive directly I found the custom meshes. Why I can't find them in the CK is beyond me. I'll fork around some and see where they are in there.

would this be by any chance a Man with a vagina?

Not for this mod, but for the Shark Race mod that Dragon mentioned, two characters are planned that would be like that - male, but with female genitalia(though only one of these will actually appear in-game). While no assets or rather mods are there for such a thing at this point, it may be possible - Bad Dog's Hoodie Schlongs mod and Yiffy Age mod, has a schlong option that is a lizard/scalie slit, which has several meshes that transition in-game to have the schlong come out. The first mesh, looks close to the suggested idea. 

So I've tinkered some more with the CK and managed to get the proper head mesh in. It's misaligned as hell but it works. Also it's some sort of nightmare fuel that is even worse than before because now even the eyes are misaligned and such xD. Upside is that SoS also now works, although that too is misaligned as hell. I'm currently in the process of trying to add in the female eyes and hair and get them to be added properly, but so far they won't show up despite the fact that I added them in the right formlist (another CK mistery that escapes me :\ ).

So I've tinkered some more with the CK and managed to get the proper head mesh in. It's misaligned as hell but it works. Also it's some sort of nightmare fuel that is even worse than before because now even the eyes are misaligned and such xD. Upside is that SoS also now works, although that too is misaligned as hell. I'm currently in the process of trying to add in the female eyes and hair and get them to be added properly, but so far they won't show up despite the fact that I added them in the right formlist (another CK mistery that escapes me :\ ).

I was about to post with info on how to set up the heads, but you beat me to it, lol. That's good, I guess.

I still have something to say, though: ditch the CK. That mess of a crashfest is no good for most tasks, and should only be used for stuff that requires it, i.e. scripting, FaceGen exporting, and some other tasks. Use TES5 Edit instead for everything else, if you don't already.

As for the problem with eyes and hairs, try this: create duplicates of vanilla female eyes, change their flags to "Male", and assign them to a FormList called HeadParts[insert race name], with said FormList containing only your custom race (and the vampire version of it, when that's done).