[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

Take your time :). We can't have our first femboy Skyrim body come out rushed can we?

You're pretty right about that. Still after two years of development for just a single mesh, IMO it's about damn time I release at least a functional mesh.

On a side note I might have found what's causing the issues: on the left side of the neck there's a spot that shares too many faces with adjacent faces and there's a a couple faces who are flipped as well. I'm gonna try to resolve that ASAP :)

EDIT: I found an older sculpt (I have a bajillion copies of the mesh lol) and on that one the normals aren't flipped on these two faces so that's already a good thing. I've tested out of curiosity the increase of the subdivision level to see if it worked properly this time around but it still doesn't. So one problem is solved and another one remains (the biggest one sadly)

EDIT 2: Looks like the luck is with me in some way. Cubebrush was giving away as a freebie a set of lowpoly male and female characters and that gave me the opportunity to try to import the male one and see if increasing the subdivision level with it would recreate the same issue I'm facing with my mesh. Luckily it didn't which means that my Mudbox/3ds Max workflow is fine and that there is something essential that I was unaware of that conspired in the background and that I'm feeling the full force of it now. However this also means that it's fixable, only the "how" remains. I'm currently scouting the internet trying to find a forum where I can get the help I need to resolve this and go on with the project.

EDIT 3: I cranked things to eleven and just used a different software to try to get the hi-poly model done (said software being Zbrush). It hasn't solved the issue but at least I now have an additional tool at my disposal to work with and (hopefully) resolve the issue.

EDIT 4: I've posted a thread on a subreddit dedicated to 3d modelling to get some help in resolving the issue I'm having with the mesh. I've gotten a reply but despite the advice I've been given I haven't been able to resolve the problem. That said maybe the redditor who messaged me is willing to give a look to the mesh I modified and (hopefully) fix it and explain to me what was wrong with it so I can fix that on the "fat" morph (the issue affects the meshes made with BodySlide apparently).

Take your time :). We can't have our first femboy Skyrim body come out rushed can we?

You're pretty right about that. Still after two years of development for just a single mesh, IMO it's about damn time I release at least a functional mesh.

On a side note I might have found what's causing the issues: on the left side of the neck there's a spot that shares too many faces with adjacent faces and there's a a couple faces who are flipped as well. I'm gonna try to resolve that ASAP :)

EDIT: I found an older sculpt (I have a bajillion copies of the mesh lol) and on that one the normals aren't flipped on these two faces so that's already a good thing. I've tested out of curiosity the increase of the subdivision level to see if it worked properly this time around but it still doesn't. So one problem is solved and another one remains (the biggest one sadly)

EDIT 2: Looks like the luck is with me in some way. Cubebrush was giving away as a freebie a set of lowpoly male and female characters and that gave me the opportunity to try to import the male one and see if increasing the subdivision level with it would recreate the same issue I'm facing with my mesh. Luckily it didn't which means that my Mudbox/3ds Max workflow is fine and that there is something essential that I was unaware of that conspired in the background and that I'm feeling the full force of it now. However this also means that it's fixable, only the "how" remains. I'm currently scouting the internet trying to find a forum where I can get the help I need to resolve this and go on with the project.

EDIT 3: I cranked things to eleven and just used a different software to try to get the hi-poly model done (said software being Zbrush). It hasn't solved the issue but at least I now have an additional tool at my disposal to work with and (hopefully) resolve the issue.

EDIT 4: I've posted a thread on a subreddit dedicated to 3d modelling to get some help in resolving the issue I'm having with the mesh. I've gotten a reply but despite the advice I've been given I haven't been able to resolve the problem. That said maybe the redditor who messaged me is willing to give a look to the mesh I modified and (hopefully) fix it and explain to me what was wrong with it so I can fix that on the "fat" morph (the issue affects the meshes made with BodySlide apparently).

Hey; so i've just joined this site. I was kinda looking for the same thing you guys are; but with no luck outside of the promise of a femboy mesh on here. What i'm looking for is not so much a guy that looks like a girl, but more... This type of femboy. http://data.whicdn.com/images/61558139/large.jpg Something like that. I hope this mod/mesh works out well, and eventually finishes development. I would love to have a cute femmy dragonborn character. ^~^

Heyo everyone !

I have fantastic news for everyone !
Today as I was hopelessly scavenging the Nexus for tutorials on how to get a hi-poly model from a low-poly model I stumbled into a modders resource which resolved that problem entirely. How so ? Well a modder made the hi-poly versions of all the female body replacer meshes ! How hi-poly ? Well the one I have modified is sitting at about 6k polys. The one the modder made sits at 55k polys. This means that now I simply have to smooth out my mesh to erase the unwanted defects it may have and then manage to get the  mesh I've made to transfer its details to the hi-poly one. From what I've seen it's something that's easily doable with the Morpher modifier in 3ds max but in all the tutorials I've seen the modder makes a copy of the mesh, modifies it and then morphs from one to another so I'm gonna have to see if it can also work between two different meshes.

To add to that I've used the Skyrim Installation Swapper (or SIS for short) to prepare a new install of Skyrim so I can test the femboy mesh (and hopefully soon the race) on a clean install of Skyrim. I've also used the same tool to make another install of Skyrim so I could experiment with SoS and see how it works.

I've also found a tool made by Caliente named "TexBlend" which allows to blend two textures together. This will prove useful to really make a mix between the masculine and feminine textures and avoid the "it's just a girl with a flat chest and a dick" effect.

I've also picked up some useful advice on Normal Map generation from a rather unusual source as said source is the guide Digital Extremes, the developers of Warframe, made so that players could create their own models and skins for the game. The documentation they provided comes with useful directions on how to get a good normal map among other things.

All in all this means that I'm now very close to finally be able to finish making the models and finally start on making the race itself :D

Heyo everyone !

Today as I was hopelessly scavenging the Nexus for tutorials on how to get a hi-poly model from a low-poly model I stumbled into a modders resource which resolved that problem entirely. How so ? Well a modder made the hi-poly versions of all the female body replacer meshes ! How hi-poly ? Well the one I have modified is sitting at about 6k polys. The one the modder made sits at 55k polys. This means that now I simply have to smooth out my mesh to erase the unwanted defects it may have and then manage to get the  mesh I've made to transfer its details to the hi-poly one. From what I've seen it's something that's easily doable with the Morpher modifier in 3ds max but in all the tutorials I've seen the modder makes a copy of the mesh, modifies it and then morphs from one to another so I'm gonna have to see if it can also work between two different meshes.

To add to that I've used the Skyrim Installation Swapper (or SIS for short) to prepare a new install of Skyrim so I can test the femboy mesh (and hopefully soon the race) on a clean install of Skyrim. I've also used the same tool to make another install of Skyrim so I could experiment with SoS and see how it works.

I've also found a tool made by Caliente named "TexBlend" which allows to blend two textures together. This will prove useful to really make a mix between the masculine and feminine textures and avoid the "it's just a girl with a flat chest and a dick" effect.

I've also picked up some useful advice on Normal Map generation from a rather unusual source as said source is the guide Digital Extremes, the developers of Warframe, made so that players could create their own models and skins for the game. The documentation they provided comes with useful directions on how to get a good normal map among other things.

All in all this means that I'm now very close to finally be able to finish making the models and finally start on making the race itself :D

AW, HELL YA!

Heyo everyone !

Hey that's pretty good

Well I've finally (I think) understood why my mesh would break when subdividing it. Plainly and simply it's a geometry problem: Mudbox expects quads and instead my mesh uses triangles. The result is that Mudbox subdivides the triangles like quads and that breaks everything. The only solution is to manage to convert these triangles to quads for the modelling, as it'd resolve all the issues I faced. Getting quads to triangles though is not difficult so it won't pose a problem but I'm gonna look around and see if it's necessary to reconvert the quads in triangles for the importing in Skyrim (because well if I can spare me the hassle of having to do that it'd be fantastic).

So that's the news about that whole ordeal. It's also probably why it happens for both meshes made with BodySlide: the meshes are directly generatd with triangles unlike the other skyrim meshes.

Heyo everyone !

Hey, long time watcher on this website and this is my first post. HELL YEAH MAN! Can't wait until it's finished, but pace yourself!

First off, it's been a long time. I've been in a long hiatus caused mainly by fo4, then gpu blowing up and the long wait for a new gpu coming to the market. 8 months on an Intel igpu have been a nightmare, those things are, simply put, utter trash.

I've never noticed until a few days ago that room207 updated his oblivion crossdressing body. Something like this for skyrim would be awesome.

Yes, Thats it! We need something like this in Skyrim.

Back on topic, it's funny that you would quote this post, because I had a mesh based on room207 femboy somewhat working (using the unpcm body mesh as a starting point, since a straight conversion from Oblivion to Skyrim would have been an even worse ordeal), if you dig this thread you'll probably find a few crappy low-res screenshots.

The main issues I was having were some minor seam, the crotch area being quite messy (though that would be covered by whatever schlong mod you decide to use, still it was frustrating) and also the lack of proper textures (you can use most unp compatible textures but from behind you can see an "opening" that isn't supposed to be there).

Heyo everyone !

Sorry for the silence on my end, I've been pretty busy lately.

On the mesh problem the hi-poly models I found were a dead end sadly so I've tried to ask to a few friends who have a bit more knowledge than I do in 3d modelling to see if they had clues on what was wrong with my mesh but sadly that was another dead end.

I've posted a thread relating the issue on Polycount and I hope that someone there will be able to help in resolving the problem. Obviously I'll keep you posted on that.

And welcome back Jarka ! :D

Heyo everyone !

On the mesh problem the hi-poly models I found were a dead end sadly so I've tried to ask to a few friends who have a bit more knowledge than I do in 3d modelling to see if they had clues on what was wrong with my mesh but sadly that was another dead end.

I've posted a thread relating the issue on Polycount and I hope that someone there will be able to help in resolving the problem. Obviously I'll keep you posted on that.

Thank you. I just skimmed through your posts, have you tried using 3ds or blender, those shouldn't have troubles with triangles.

Heyo everyone !

Thank you. I just skimmed through your posts, have you tried using 3ds or blender, those shouldn't have troubles with triangles.

I'll have a go with these and see what happens. And yeah a user on Polycount pointed to me that indeed Mudbox doesn't like triangles. I guess then that going with either 3ds or Blender is the solution if I can't find a simple solution to make proper quads without too much hassle.

EDIT: Holy cripes you were right ! I subdivided the mesh in Blender and reimported it in Mudbox and it works like a charm :D I am now officially back in business ! :D

So as I just posted, subdividing with Blender works just fine. I'm having just two small issues: one is that importing with blender effs up the alignment of the mesh in the plane and the other is that subdividing with it too much (like doing a double level subdivision) also breaks the smoothing of the mesh ?

So how can I preserve the mesh alignment I have so that it's identical as it is in 3ds max (I know that it's slightly off on one axis, as you rightfully pointed out, Jarka but if I can avoid screwing up the alignment more that'd be great :P ) and how can I subdivide in Blender while also preserving the mesh's smoothness ?

So as I just posted, subdividing with Blender works just fine. I'm having just two small issues: one is that importing with blender effs up the alignment of the mesh in the plane and the other is that subdividing with it too much (like doing a double level subdivision) also breaks the smoothing of the mesh ?

So how can I preserve the mesh alignment I have so that it's identical as it is in 3ds max (I know that it's slightly off on one axis, as you rightfully pointed out, Jarka but if I can avoid screwing up the alignment more that'd be great :P ) and how can I subdivide in Blender while also preserving the mesh's smoothness ?

It's been a while since I messed around with blender though there should be commands to automatically fix scale and alignment (alt+S, alt+A or something like that). I'm not sure about mesh smoothness, I might try it later, right now I'm on a tablet so I can't be of much help.

I've been both absent and unaware of this threat for too long, so id like to toss my hat in the ring and help out while I slowly rebuilt my Skyrim which I broke.

So Italian Dragon, your talents are on the 2d side of the pipeline from what I've been reading, mine are more on the 3d side. I've got a number of programs to work with and I think I can probably get your model subdivided without any odd breaking of the quads. I can do that for you ad then send the increased poly count model back to you to smooth how you see fit if you'd like. Please let me know if your interested.

I've been both absent and unaware of this threat for too long, so id like to toss my hat in the ring and help out while I slowly rebuilt my Skyrim which I broke.

So Italian Dragon, your talents are on the 2d side of the pipeline from what I've been reading, mine are more on the 3d side. I've got a number of programs to work with and I think I can probably get your model subdivided without any odd breaking of the quads. I can do that for you ad then send the increased poly count model back to you to smooth how you see fit if you'd like. Please let me know if your interested.

You're absolutely correct. I've been tinkering with Photoshop for over a decade but as far as 3d modelling goes, before deciding to take on this project, I had not touched a 3d program, ever (or as close to that as it gets to that).

In all cases if you can manage to subdivide it a bit that'd be absolutely fantastic. You can find the file here: http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/mtrwjVap/file.html

You're absolutely correct. I've been tinkering with Photoshop for over a decade but as far as 3d modelling goes, before deciding to take on this project, I had not touched a 3d program, ever (or as close to that as it gets to that).

In all cases if you can manage to subdivide it a bit that'd be absolutely fantastic. You can find the file here: http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/mtrwjVap/file.html

If you use a tablet with Photoshop, you might look into Zbrush. of the modeling programs out there its really the more artistic inclined option, handling the process more like modeling with clay then the vert by vert modeling of other programs, it also facilitates both 3d and 2d work. I like to describe it as working with magic clay that can stretch and expand infinitely. Anyway ill look into sub dividing it tonight.

If you use a tablet with Photoshop, you might look into Zbrush. of the modeling programs out there its really the more artistic inclined option, handling the process more like modeling with clay then the vert by vert modeling of other programs, it also facilitates both 3d and 2d work. I like to describe it as working with magic clay that can stretch and expand infinitely. Anyway ill look into sub dividing it tonight.

I have Zbrush 4r7 but the handling is so alien compared to Mudbox or 3ds Max that I feel very very lost :x

Also thanks a ton :D

I have Zbrush 4r7 but the handling is so alien compared to Mudbox or 3ds Max that I feel very very lost :x

Okay so this is gunnatake alittle longer the issue is because you have all the quads changed into tri's do you have a version where its quads or will I have to do that myself?

Okay so this is gunnatake alittle longer the issue is because you have all the quads changed into tri's do you have a version where its quads or will I have to do that myself?

Well for what I've seen all the models that are used in Skyrim use tri's. A bit of googling quickly taught me that it's simply because tris are easier to render and thus lighter for game engines.