[mod] [Stellaris]The Galaxy is a dark place

THIS MOD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED IT WILL NOT BE UPDATED ANY FURTHER HERE. IT WILL BE IN THE FUTURE MERGED INTO "LUSTFULL VOID" DEVELOPED BY LITHIA.

Description

This is a small modification I made. It adds a custom enclave which my spawn in your empire. Having good relations with them may give you large rewards. BESTIALITY WARNING! This mod concentrates entirely on interactions with the enclave which is made up of "Space Beast" or "Monsters".

Finished Features:

Spoiler

-custom enclave with diplomacy

-rewards granted by good relations with the enclave:

-custom technology

-custom building

-custom army

-custom leader

-custom system

Short Guide:(Dont read if you want to explore the story yourself)

Spoiler

A few years into the game you will get an event wich will tell you, that one of your ships got attacked by some unknown entity. You have then the option to attack or contact them. If you attack them thy will vanish and the event chain ends.

If you choose to contact them, it will grant you access to a special project. Upon completion, you will contact the beasts and their station will appear in your capital. Some interactions are now avaible wich will only involve some story telling. From this point on you will be able to engage in diplomacy with the beast enclave.

You have the options to donate a pop which will kill the pop but grant a 5% research boost.

You can donate a leader which will kill a random leader, but gant you a 10% research boost.

Once you reach 50 trust you can recruit a beast as a leader. 

Reaching 15 trust will grant a technology improving army damage and pop hapiness

Reaching 40 trust will unlock a unique building

Reaching 70 trust will unlock beast armies

Reaching 90 trust will give you the beast lord, a powerful leader

Reaching 100 trust will reveal a powerful system with 2 gaia worlds with FE Buildings.

Future Plans:

-some random events

-a custom hangar bay

-more interactions with the enclave

Disclaimer:

I did not make any of the artworks used for the events. They were all made by their respective artists.

If you have Ideas I could include in the mod, any pictures I could use for the events, please contact me, or you might wanna help me in future development please contact me :smile:

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/13/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    stellaris

View File

Would it be possible to create a random event where, if you are close enough to them, they will land on one of your worlds and go around doing their thing. You could then either:

-Cover up the incident (-credits)

-Pardon the rapists (-happiness for set time)

-Make it mandatory for women to service the beasts (-happiness permanently, large boost to trust from the beasts)

Just an idea I had, but I like where this could go :smile:

12 minutes ago, pepertje said:

Would it be possible to create a random event where, if you are close enough to them, they will land on one of your worlds and go around doing their thing. You could then either:

-Cover up the incident (-credits)

-Pardon the rapists (-happiness for set time)

-Make it mandatory for women to service the beasts (-happiness permanently, large boost to trust from the beasts)

Just an idea I had, but I like where this could go :smile:

currently it is set up in a way that you don't find them in the galaxy but rather encounter them by event, and then they spawn over your capital, so you will always be close to them ;).

but multiple events like this are definitly on my to do list. :smile: 

So after playing through all the content I have to say this is a good first version. I would like to see dialogue expanded some (2-3 replies for each of the options in the contact menu for example) as well as seeing events pop up. Other than expanding the size and variation of the mod I have no other suggestions. Good job!

Untitled.thumb.png.9e2b6fa34a6169142b5effe5e003f9ce.png

I had the event fire yesterday and after loading now the event fired again, giving me a second beast enclave.

The event does not check whether the event already was active or not. Looking at the code the start of this event chain will happen when the player has Utopia.

15 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Untitled.thumb.png.9e2b6fa34a6169142b5effe5e003f9ce.png

I had the event fire yesterday and after loading now the event fired again, giving me a second beast enclave.

The event does not check whether the event already was active or not. Looking at the code the start of this event chain will happen when the player has Utopia.

I will look into this issue as soon as I get home. Normally the event should have a tag, fire_only_once = yes. Which should stop it from firing twice per game. It's possible I might have made a typo or forgotten the command. I hope there isn't a issue with the command after reloading, because in that case I will have to change they way most of the reward events fire.

It does have fire_only_once  but it seems not to work as intended in every circumstance.

I only added a small graphical mod and a small mod for claim decaying into the game which where not present at the start of this particular game.

Since the checksum changed due to this it is possible that fire_only_once had a hiccup.

3 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

It does have fire_only_once  but it seems not to work as intended in every circumstance.

I only added a small graphical mod and a small mod for claim decaying into the game which where not present at the start of this particular game.

Since the checksum changed due to this it is possible that fire_only_once had a hiccup.

Yep thats it. I added a global flag which should stop it from firing twice, just to be sure. I also removed the requirement for Utopia as enclaves weren't even a part of Utopia.

4 hours ago, tarin said:

Yep thats it. I added a global flag which should stop it from firing twice, just to be sure. I also removed the requirement for Utopia as enclaves weren't even a part of Utopia.

23 minutes ago, Agentflash said:

Do you need DLC for this to work?

Enclaves are a Leviathans feature.

I'm not 100% sure the mod works without it. I suspect not so you'd need Leviathans.

I have a suggested rewrite of the initial event popup based on the screenshot. Some of the wording just seems awkward as is, less neutral/scientific than the vanilla ones.

Earlier today one of our civilian ships was attacked by previously unknown entities. The attackers who boarded the vessel were apparently vaguely similar in anatomical structure to our own race, but described by survivors as monstrous. Much of the female crew was subjected to violent rapes at the hands of these entities, which apparently remained in control of the ship for several hours, somehow maintaining a communications blackout.

Our scientists have analyzed what was previously believed to be comms interference in the region, which we now believe may actually be a method of communication in use by these entities. With sufficient effort, they believe it would be possible to attempt communication with them, assuming they do indeed have a form of language. Alternatively, we could trace the signals to their origin and launch a reprisal strike, perhaps catching them by surprise.

I haven't actually played, been working on other games waiting for Niven/Distant Stars to settle, but I like to keep aware of new mod releases.

The beast army seems a tiny little bit overpowered.

I know it is supposed to be giving the player the edge in combat but as powerful as they are now it is giving the player a very unfair advantage.

And pretty early as well. I am in 2157 with these boys I'd be able to roflstomp any enemy planet I lay my eyes upon.

Biggest balancing issue is not how powerful they are, mind you. It is that they are not limited in numbers and very cheap for what they do (double the price of a regular army with ~ 5 times the raw strength, ~ 20 times the moral strength, 3 times the health and not affected by morale itself ).

I'd suggest raising the recruitment fee and limiting their numbers to maximum of around 10 with a (rare) technology and 3 or 4 without.

21 hours ago, DarkTeletubby said:

I have a suggested rewrite of the initial event popup based on the screenshot. Some of the wording just seems awkward as is, less neutral/scientific than the vanilla ones.

I haven't actually played, been working on other games waiting for Niven/Distant Stars to settle, but I like to keep aware of new mod releases.

Nice, I with your permission I will put it into the next update.

16 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

The beast army seems a tiny little bit overpowered.

I know it is supposed to be giving the player the edge in combat but as powerful as they are now it is giving the player a very unfair advantage.

And pretty early as well. I am in 2157 with these boys I'd be able to roflstomp any enemy planet I lay my eyes upon.

Biggest balancing issue is not how powerful they are, mind you. It is that they are not limited in numbers and very cheap for what they do (double the price of a regular army with ~ 5 times the raw strength, ~ 20 times the moral strength, 3 times the health and not affected by morale itself ).

I'd suggest raising the recruitment fee and limiting their numbers to maximum of around 10 with a (rare) technology and 3 or 4 without.

Yeah just did a little playtest with those bois. Seems like I got a bit crazy with the numbers there. Will rework it in the next update. But it probably wont be out until the weekend.

Maybe a way to solve it is to have the requirement of an on-planet building. Taking up a valuable construction site would seem like a worthy tradeoff. Something like clone vats, but with a more sexual description of what happens inside.

The empirelevel building is needed for recruitment. That means only on the planet the building is on the beasts can be recruited. Never anywhere else but that is okay.

But it hardly matters right now as that building provides 10 unity, 20 happiness on the planet, 10 happiness empirewide and 5% armydamage. It is built even when the player does not know of the armies yet.

//Edit

Sadly this mod is not suitable for a normal playthrough.

To say it has balancing problems is an understatement deluxe.

Beginning at the empire unique building that provides massive happiness on the planet and high happiness in the rest of the empire alongside 10 unity, over the extremely strong army to the gifted system with two 25 tile gaia planets where one is mostly covered in precursor resource gather buildings while the other is mostly covered in precursor research buildings every part of this mod is overpowered. With this kind of balancing it is essentially a cheat mod.

Yeah I am currently working on a update which should be online tomorrow or monday.

First of all I added some ethic specific communications and changed the diplo menu a bit.

Additionally I added some random story telling events.

I also nerfed the beast army they now deal less damage have less health and so on also they are limited to 3 armies at the start and with a rare tier 5 technology to 9 armies. At the same time I increased the collateral damage. I will have to do some more testing. But the idea is, that once you unleash them unto a world they will greatly damage pops and infrastructure.

I will also nerf the empire unique building. Especially the empire wide hapiness boost.

In terms of the gifted system I plan on making it available much later in the game. It should be a addition to your late game empire so it is not to overpowered.

Please give me lots of feedback so I can further improve the mod. Especially in terms of balancing I need your feedback.

Edit: also just got a nice idea for event chain to actually find the system. But first I'll have to work out the details.

On 5/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, tarin said:

Yeah I am currently working on a update which should be online tomorrow or monday.

First of all I added some ethic specific communications and changed the diplo menu a bit.

Additionally I added some random story telling events.

I also nerfed the beast army they now deal less damage have less health and so on also they are limited to 3 armies at the start and with a rare tier 5 technology to 9 armies. At the same time I increased the collateral damage. I will have to do some more testing. But the idea is, that once you unleash them unto a world they will greatly damage pops and infrastructure.

I will also nerf the empire unique building. Especially the empire wide hapiness boost.

In terms of the gifted system I plan on making it available much later in the game. It should be a addition to your late game empire so it is not to overpowered.

Please give me lots of feedback so I can further improve the mod. Especially in terms of balancing I need your feedback.

Edit: also just got a nice idea for event chain to actually find the system. But first I'll have to work out the details.

Hey awesome mod! I am giving it a shot now and it looks great, a couple of spelling mistakes though but thats a small complain :smiley: Looking forward to what else you're going to make. You should join the stellaris sexual modding discord!

Ok I just uploaded a new version.

Changelog: 

-beast army price inreased to 500 minerals and 100 food

-beast army max amount now 3 (with technology 9)

-beast arena now requires alien pets

-beast arena now doesn't give an empire wide happiness boost

-beast system now has mean_time_to_happen of 150 years

-beast interactions expanded

-xenophobes now have option to sacrifice xeno pop

-added 3 random events

-added a special random event for the beast arena

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...