I was wondering if there was anybody here willing to create an Ash Vampire race? I was sitting here, thinking about Morrowind and the Sixth House, when I realized how badly I wanted to play as an Ash Vampire. I'm honestly surprised that nobody has made a mod like this since--and I have no experience in modding so I don't know--I imagined it would be relatively easy to make one. Take the Dunmer race, add an eye to the forehead with bump-maps to make it look 3d (It can be done with muscles, why not eyes?) and then add claws--which, is honestly the part that I think would take the most time, though even then I don't think it would take a modder with experience all that long to take a Dunmer hand and edit the nails.

After that, even I could do the rest; go into CK, change the height, add some racial abilities, set the actual race and it's description, and you're all set. I think there's a lot of fans of House Dagoth out there, but beyond one or two mods the Sixth House really has become, as it's other name says, unmourned. Is there anyone out there willing to take some time out of their day to whip this up? Even if it's just taking the Dark Elf head and mapping a thrid eye texture to it, that's still something.

You could use the Argonian/Khajiit hand models to get the claws you want simply by assigning them a human hand TextureSet in the Creation Kit.

Also, having taken a peek in the Morrowind game files, it looks like there are only 7 Ash Vampires in the entire game, and they all have unique names and custom spells.  They are also scripted to die when Dagoth Ur does, so playing as one in Skyrim wouldn't be true to lore.

1 hour ago, Holzfrau said:

You could use the Argonian/Khajiit hand models to get the claws you want simply by assigning them a human hand TextureSet in the Creation Kit.

Also, having taken a peek in the Morrowind game files, it looks like there are only 7 Ash Vampires in the entire game, and they all have unique names and custom spells.  They are also scripted to die when Dagoth Ur does, so playing as one in Skyrim wouldn't be true to lore.

I thought of using the beast hands, too. As for the Lore thing, arguing a mod goes against lore is a bit redundant, isn't it? If it really bothers you, you could always use the lore added by the Great House Dagoth mod for Morrowind--where Nerevar sided with Dagoth Ur instead of fighting him.

I wasn't really trying to be the lore police, just thought I'd point out some stuff that might be problematic for the lore if that was something you were concerned about.

Also, it may interest you to know that they don't have any racial abilities in the MW CK, so you might have to wing it when coming up with abilities to use when making the race.

58 minutes ago, Holzfrau said:

I wasn't really trying to be the lore police, just thought I'd point out some stuff that might be problematic for the lore if that was something you were concerned about.

Also, it may interest you to know that they don't have any racial abilities in the MW CK, so you might have to wing it when coming up with abilities to use when making the race.

Believe me when I say I already looked up the stats and such to see what I had to work with. If I had had a head texture to work with, then as far as racial abilities would go I'd take things from Dagoth Ur and Corprus; Resist disease and poison %100, resist fire, frost, and shock by 50, and perhaps create a daily 'Wrath of' power, and perhaps I'd add the Ash spells to their list, since they are Ash creatures.

Archived