MO not logging into Nexus and not finding it

It's because of a "security update" that conveniently was implemented at the same time as their new vortex or whatever manager.

They say "it's not to force a change", but rather convenient for them how they did it. And no they won't be patching/upgrading/in any way fixing to work with mod organizer anymore either. They "hired" the developer, but from my understanding, never let him near the new crap he was supposedly hired to work on so it may have actually been worth something. Sounds a little more like they were just eliminating competition.

They are also only allowing their own NMM if you do some kind of upgrade, and only for a limited time IIRC.

I just download manually for the few things I get there.

4 hours ago, srayesmanll said:

Same issue with NMM.  Check this thread:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99121-nexus-mod-manager/ .  NMM has been updated, but the original Mod Organizer probably won't be (author has move on).  Not sure about MO2.

mo2 has had the update or at least it works for me, though I am using the current dev build from the discord server not the one from nexus.

Like you I do not think the v1 of mo will be updated for the new nexus security updates, which is a good enough reason to switch to mo2 for oldrim and other games.

15 hours ago, sfeile said:

It's because of a "security update" that conveniently was implemented at the same time as their new vortex or whatever manager.

They say "it's not to force a change", but rather convenient for them how they did it. And no they won't be patching/upgrading/in any way fixing to work with mod organizer anymore either. They "hired" the developer, but from my understanding, never let him near the new crap he was supposedly hired to work on so it may have actually been worth something. Sounds a little more like they were just eliminating competition.

They are also only allowing their own NMM if you do some kind of upgrade, and only for a limited time IIRC.

Just for you ...  ;)

tin-foil-hat.jpg

44 minutes ago, srayesmanll said:

Just for you ...  ;)

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Well, the security thing and the coincidence of them doing it right at their release of the new software is mentioned by them on their own page. It is also pretty odd that they hired tannin to help make their software better, then never let him work on the new stuff. (admittedly, that part is only from what I've heard, I've not talked to tannin personally to know for 100%)

Just a bunch of odd coincidences that make you think.

But I do really like the shiny hat!!!! :grin:

Archived