Tips to Compile SexLab1.6x Souce from psc to pex and resolve compile errors

Below Guide is for externally compile prc script to pex regardless of game environment

( souce folders + Papyrus Compiler.zip + bat file ) are all files required to compile.

To properly compile sexlab framework files without seeing error you might have to do the following check :

The source folder which contains needed source dependencies

1.make sure you've collected the script source folder to meet requirements to compile SL

( most ppl failed to meet dependency requirements so during compile seeing a lot of error example in the compile console like below  ) 

tarting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "sslActorLibrary"...
D:\game\TSEV Skyrim LE\Data\Scripts\Source\PapyrusUtil.psc(130,25): CreateBoolArray is not a function or does not exist
D:\game\TSEV Skyrim LE\Data\Scripts\Source\PapyrusUtil.psc(130,25): cannot call the member function CreateBoolArray alone or on a type, must call it on a variable

now I attached required Source.zip since to meet the requirements of SL compile one will have to collect all sexlab1.62 required dependency source *.psc files ( including skse, FINS etc ... )  into source and that step confuses some ppl and they got blocked in that step without progress.   

2.  get the sexlab source folder ( you can download  SL1.62 and there is one source folder inside ) 

3. make a .bat script or modify existing one: (assigning all required  exe, .flg, location )

using below pattern ( after the -i statements ) to append multiple source dependencies , using the ";" to join multiple dependency sources together. 

"C:\Temp\SkyrimLE\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" "sslAnimationDefaults" -f="C:\Temp\SkyrimLE\Papyrus Compiler\TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Temp\SkyrimLE\Data\scripts\Source;C:\Temp\SkyrimLE\ModOrganizer\mods\SexLabFrameworkV162\scripts\Source;" -o="C:\Temp\SkyrimLE\ModOrganizer\mods\SexLabFrameworkV162\scripts\Compiled" 
pause

then run. (just double click with mouse) 

if configured properly,  you will see in cmd console that the target file  "sslAnimationDefaults" successfully compiled without error.   

image.png

now with this setting you are able to zip up your compile env folder then copy paste 

into any computer that even without installing skyrim to compile scripts. 

Hope to be useful to others.

Reference Links that are useful and related :

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/59700-help-scrip-compilation-problem/  

(special thanks to CPU and Ashal )

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Doesn't work for me. Even I did everything described here.

Spoiler

D:\SkyrimModding\DEV>"D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" "sslAnimationDefaults" -f="D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\Papyrus Compiler\TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabDep\Source;D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabFramework\Source;" -o="D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabFramework\Compiled"
Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "sslAnimationDefaults"...
D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabDep\Source\sslThreadController.psc(365,1): the parameter defaults of function centeroncoords in state animating on script sslthreadcontroller do not match the parent script sslthreadmodel
D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabDep\Source\SexLabFramework.psc(3016,1): the parameter defaults of function newthread in state disabled on script sexlabframework does not match the empty state
No output generated for sslAnimationDefaults, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on sslAnimationDefaults

D:\SkyrimModding\DEV>"D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" "sslCreatureAnimationDefaults" -f="D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\Papyrus Compiler\TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabDep\Source;D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabFramework\Source;" -o="D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabFramework\Compiled"
Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "sslCreatureAnimationDefaults"...
D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabDep\Source\sslThreadController.psc(365,1): the parameter defaults of function centeroncoords in state animating on script sslthreadcontroller do not match the parent script sslthreadmodel
D:\SkyrimModding\DEV\SexLabDep\Source\SexLabFramework.psc(3016,1): the parameter defaults of function newthread in state disabled on script sexlabframework does not match the empty state
No output generated for sslCreatureAnimationDefaults, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on sslCreatureAnimationDefaults

D:\SkyrimModding\DEV>pause

• 1 year later...

Archived