New version of NMM is up : 0.65.0

On 4/25/2018 at 12:10 PM, McLude said:

Security update.

I'm holding off on Vortex until things are working more smoothly.

Vortex is actually already pretty good, in fact for my install it's better than MO2.  I gave up on NMM after getting frustrated with having to constantly reinstall everything from scratch just about every time they released a new version.  No idea if the latest version has that problem or not.

After the initial learning curve just to get used to it, I can actually do everything I could with MO in Vortex and in less time.  Vortex also doesn't require jumping through any extra hoops to get 3rd party utilities like FNIS/Wrye Bash/etc to work properly.

The only major issue I've run into so far with Vortex was when I tried using the option to remove a mod but not the archive.  I ended up with a bunch of mods in a wierd hidden state where they were physically in the directory but Vortex couldn't see them when trying to install them.  As long as you remove the archive as well, no issues but it's safer to just delete the file with the file manager instead of using Vortex to do it.  That way you can't mess it up accidently.

Archived