Constant freezes or CTDs

Thisisne88

Hi all, I'm getting pretty constant CTDs. so I tried uninstalling a bunch of unnecesary mods and now I am getting freezes as well. Not sure what else to do, attached is my log. Here is my load order

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     SGHairPackBase.esm
  7  7     ApachiiHair.esm
  8  8     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
  9  9     ApachiiHairMales.esm
 10  a     SexLab.esm
 11  b     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 12  c     SexLabAroused.esm
 13  d     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 14  e     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 15  f     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 16 10     SexLab - Sexual Fame [SLSF].esm
 17 11     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 18 12     CreatureFramework.esm
 19 13     HighResTexturePack01.esp
 20 14     HighResTexturePack02.esp
 21 15     HighResTexturePack03.esp
 22 16     Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
 23 17     SkyUI.esp
 24 18     RaceMenu.esp
 25 19     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 26 1a     LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
 27 1b     SGHairPackAIO.esp
 28 1c     MilkModNEW.esp
 29 1d     MilkMod_MilkPumpsFancy.esp
 30 1e     KS Hairdo's.esp
 31 1f     SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
 32 20     SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
 33 21     SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
 34 22     HentaiCreatures.esp
 35 23     Slaverun_Reloaded.esp
 36 24     TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
 37 25     Ultimate NPC Overhaul II.esp
 38 26     ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
 39 27     The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
 40 28     FNIS.esp
 41 29     LindsMerEyes.esp
 42 2a     Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
 43 2b     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
 44 2c     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
 45 2d     Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
 46 2e     Bijin Wives.esp
 47 2f     Bijin NPCs.esp
 48 30     SBF All In One + DLC.esp
 49 31     SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
 50 32     SlaveTats.esp
 51 33     BrandingDeviceOfDoom.esp
 52 34     SLALAnimObj.esp
 53 35     MilkModNEW CF.esp
 54 36     MilkModNEW HF.esp
 55 37     MilkModNEW ZaZ.esp
 56 38     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Medium.esp
 57 39     Slaverun_Reloaded_Comments.esp
 58 3a     RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
 59 3b     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 60 3c     SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 61 3d     SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
 62 3e     SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 63 3f     SOS - Shop.esp
 64 40     UIExtensions.esp
 65 41     FreckleMania.esp
 66 42     FemaleUlfric.esp
 67 43     Brows.esp
 68 44     MoreNastyCritters.esp
 69 45     XPMSE.esp
 70 46     SOSRaceMenu.esp
 71 47     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. I'm currently noticing the crash having just got esnalved through slaverun and running through whiterun

Papyrus.0.log

On 24/04/2018 at 6:34 PM, Thisisne88 said:

I am getting freezes as well.

1. SKSE plugins and Bug Fixes. These are the foundation of a well optimized run, don't avoid them:

Spoiler

SKSE 1.7.3 version is needed.

• Install SKSE Plugin Preloader otherwise Crash Fixes plugin won't work: download D3DX9_42 - Wrapper v3 and put d3dx9_42.dll in your root Skyrim directory (where TESV.exe is), NOT in Data folder!
  • Install Bug fixes by meh321: download Bug Fixes v1 and install the plugin with your mod manager or manualy, this plugin fixes bugs in the game EXE itself and complement Crash Fixes nicely.
  • Install Crash fixes by meh321: download Crash Fixes v12, it's a memory allocator patch, read carefully the "how to use" descriptions and settings given on the mod page.
  • Install Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice: the plugin adds support for unvoiced in-game dialog, really this one is often missed by much users having such mods in their Load Order and in your case it's a hard requirement for Slaverun_Reloaded to work properly.
  • Install Load Game CTD Fix: the plugin restrict Skyrim to using only a single CPU core when loading saves and prevent crashing that may occur when loading games from the main menu in a heavily modded Skyrim setup, it doesn't use an ESP and can be added and removed from your game at any time.

2.  You should really consider what was said in the previous thread about optimizing the DLC HighTexturePacks. These are buggy to death with poorly constructed textures inside, you are just wasting your chances of having an optimized game on your side.

The Optimized Vanilla Textures have a two-step install process, and forget about the DLC ones:

Spoiler

MO users installation:

• Download High Definition Base Game Textures for Everyone (Part 1_2).7z and High Definition DLC for ModOrganizer Users (Part 2_2 - Extract Me).7z from here.
  • Install High Definition Base Game Textures for Everyone (Part 1_2).7z in Mod Organizer.
  • Extract the three 7z files from High Definition DLC for ModOrganizer Users (Part 2_2 - Extract Me).7z to a temporary directory.
  • Install the extracted Dawnguard.7z, Hearthfires.7z, and Dragonborn.7z in Mod Organizer.

Once the install process is completed, perform the following:

Start Mod Organizer.
Check the box adjacent to all of the newly created folders in the left pane mod list to activate them.
Drag and drop the mods into the order specified below:
   * Optimized Vanilla Textures - HD
   * Unmanaged: Dawnguard
   * Optimized Dawnguard Textures - HD
   * Unmanaged: Hearthfire
   * Optimized Hearthfire Textures - HD
   * Unmanaged: Dragonborn
   * Optimized Dragonborn Textures - HD
   * Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01 (Uncheck BSA In Archive Tab - These Files Are Already Included In The Mod)
   * Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02 (Uncheck BSA In Archive Tab - These Files Are Already Included In The Mod)
   * Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03 (Uncheck BSA In Archive Tab - These Files Are Already Included In The Mod)
   * Cleaned Vanilla ESMs
   * Skyrim Script Extender

* Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

* Unofficial High Resolution Patch
Close Mod Organizer.

NMM and other users installation:

• Download High Definition Base Game Textures for Everyone (Part 1_2).7z and High Definition DLC for NMM-Wrye Bash Users (Part 2 of 2).7z from here.
  • Install both files.
  • Run Textures Install.vbs after installing. MUST BE ACTIVATED ON ALL NMM PROFILES.

3. Load Order corrections:

Be extremely careful when installing Skyrim Beautiful Followers - SBF with other NPC overhaults such as Bijin Wives and Bijin NPCs, you are a great candidate for missing textures and CTDs when badly mixing such mods together as SBF AIO competes with other Mod which add change to Race:

Spoiler

Bijin Wives.esp will change the appearances of marriable characters such as Camilla, Ysolda, Sylgja, Temba, Taarie, Muiri, Senna, Grelka and Morwen.

Bijin NPCs.esp will change the appearances of Vex, Sapphire, Irileth, Rikke, Hulda, Lisette, Carlotta, Karliah, Tonilia, Adrianne, Maven, Ingun, Gerdur and Idgrod the younger.

If any of these are in conflict with SBF All In One + DLC.esp you will have a high probability of missing textures and CTDs.

See the related thread for the solution:

Install SBF AIO+DLC first and then the standalone versions of Bijin characters:

Looking for overall NPC beautification for UNP/CBBE

Skyrim Beautiful Folowers - SBF

4. Last point but not the least:

And it would be better to completely review your installation of mods related to SexLab, they are mixed and installed in the wrong order: MoreNastyCritters.esp is installed far too low in your mods Load Order and Slaverun_Reloaded.esp far too high to speak only of these two.
Follow the install order suggested by MadMansGun in the More Nasty Critters: SLAL Edition v11.1D mod page, and please do a great favor for your modded game: update that mod with the latest version instead of the one you have.

I hope that will be enough to solve your problems.

I'd suggest getting rid of the Bethesda hi res texture packs and its Unofficial patch altogether and use either the Optimized pack that Fifoo linked to or an alternate.

The one Fifoo linked to is much like the Bethesda ones but higher quality and are already optimized and wont need an Unofficial patch. You may have created more problems for yourself, if you ran the optimizer on your entire Skyrim folder, thus making more crashes. Honestly, its 2018 now. Its no longer 2012. You really shouldnt ever have to use that program, if you use quality mods and pre optimized texture packs. I suggest restoring the backup if you have one, of the textures you replaced, especially if you touched mods and BSAs etc.

21 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

are already optimized and wont need an Unofficial patch

The linked textures were optimized using a combination of DDSopt and Optimizer Textures thus being customized to have the most amount of VRAM saved while not compromising visual quality by largely following the STEP team's texture optimization guide.

The goal of the Unofficial High Resolution Patch is to fix (quote) "hundreds of gameplay, quest, NPC, object, item, text and placement bugs" found in the HighResTexture DLCs. The patch should therefore be installed after the optimized textures and Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch as shown in my previous post.

6 minutes ago, Fifoo said:

The linked textures were optimized using a combination of DDSopt and Optimizer Textures thus being customized to have the most amount of VRAM saved while not compromising visual quality by largely following the STEP team's texture optimization guide.

The goal of the Unofficial High Resolution Patch is to fix gameplay, quest, NPC, object, item, text and placement bugs found in the HighResTexture DLCs. The patch should therefore be installed after the optimized textures.

The Unofficial High Resolution Patch should not be used when Optimized Vanilla Textures  is used. Its been noted in the comments section for the Unofficial Patch.

Oops! And yet Neovalen included it in his S.T.E.P. installation guide Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition. Seems nobody is perfect then, do we need a pair of glasses (Me)? Lol.

Okay, found it: Neovalen use this one for overriding USLEEP:

Spoiler

Unofficial High Resolution Patch

Author: Unofficial Patch Project Team
Version: 1.2.0
Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• Docs folder
  • Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp (Dummy ESP)
  • Unofficial High Resolution Patch.bsl

Overrides: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

Why is life so complex sometime ...

1 hour ago, Fifoo said:

Oops! And yet Neovalen included it in his S.T.E.P. installation guide Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition. Seems nobody is perfect then, do we need a pair of glasses (Me)? Lol.

Okay, found it: Neovalen use this one for overriding USLEEP:

Hide contents

Unofficial High Resolution Patch

Author: Unofficial Patch Project Team
Version: 1.2.0
Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• Docs folder
  • Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp (Dummy ESP)
  • Unofficial High Resolution Patch.bsl

Overrides: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

Why is life so complex sometime ...

According to Arthmoor in the Unofficial High Resolution comments section, the Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp (Dummy ESP) is actually not a dummy esp even though MO says it is. It seems there is conflictive information on both sides. I do know that I currently have 3 profiles in MO. Two of which use the Pre Optimized Texture packs by tony791 and on the third I use Nobles. None of the three have the Unofficial High Res patch and I havnt had any issues with any of them. Overall, pretty confusing. I guess if someone experiences some texture related bugs that they are 100% positive can be fixed by using the Unofficial High Res Patch, then they should try it.

I think the real simple question may just be "are you getting these freezes and crashes on a fresh save?". Taking a glance at the log it seems like it's an older save? or at least not entirely new. That's an important detail as uninstalling mods mid a playthrough is a pretty doomed venture in any case. There'll be traces of the mods in the save messing things up.

On 26/04/2018 at 3:14 AM, sheltrs said:

That's an important detail as uninstalling mods mid a playthrough is a pretty doomed venture in any case.

This is true, but starting a new game without optimizing the game itself will not help much, it will only go back to better jump in other mistakes.

On 26/04/2018 at 1:39 AM, Sladen2019 said:

According to Arthmoor in the Unofficial High Resolution comments section, the Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp (Dummy ESP) is actually not a dummy esp even though MO says it is. It seems there is conflictive information on both sides.

This must be due to the fact that Neovalen uses the method of mods installation as "loose files" - a method that Arthmoor strongly disapproves of, one can thus conclude that these two kinds of modding school are opposed.

Here a few screenies made with basic mods install as loose files, Optimized Vanilla Textures, ELFX, JK's Skyrim Lite, Leaf Rest, Designs Of The Nords, etc ... at High settings only:

Spoiler

2015-08-09_00003.thumb.jpg.73a08054d5c8c2deed9ff0d717ef8f76.jpg2015-09-03_00022.thumb.jpg.260fd751131b15d37e513fc5b75645c4.jpg2015-09-22_00024.thumb.jpg.8ee68bb3419d1804689469e564de031b.jpg2015-10-31_00001.thumb.jpg.b268ef1ae63ef09396b18a4395a9a431.jpg2015-10-31_00003.thumb.jpg.753d2dd0e194499af27b56acc088a5d9.jpg2015-11-08_00001.thumb.jpg.8511c55253487157ce96e05cd3eb633c.jpg2015-11-08_00002.thumb.jpg.7ecc1db0f243642671a12442a3883326.jpg2015-11-30_00002.thumb.jpg.8066ad2c6bac256677b6274f43333252.jpg5ae2740550c5a_2016-01-10ProfileCoverPhotoLoversLab.thumb.jpg.b5dff19591f8ec7640ce52674fb2d6fb.jpg

Yeah definitely. I just mean the fact that they're getting extra freezes after uninstalling is probably explainable because of using an old save (or could be anyway, without a direct answer I'm not gonna make a definite statement). But yeah, that doesn't remove the original ctds no. Unless the main causes were already uninstalled and they can't see positive results because it's all still in the save. 

51 minutes ago, Fifoo said:

This must be due to the fact that Neovalen uses the method of mods installation as "loose files" - a method that Arthmoor strongly disapproves of, one can thus conclude that these two kinds of modding school are opposed.

Here a few screenies made with basic mods install as loose files, Optimized Vanilla Textures, ELFX, JK's Skyrim Lite, Leaf Rest, Designs Of The Nords, etc ... at High settings only:

If a user wants to use the Unofficial High Res Pack with pre optimized packs and completely redone texture packs like Noble, then let them. I personally have never needed it, nor will I use it. USLEEP has many newer versions than the Unofficial High Res Patch, and I suspect any major texture issues are patched by it. This can be one of those things that there are no right or wrong answers to.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I’ve tried a lot of the things you guys mentioned and uninstalled some mods. Im unsure which ones helped, but I don’t seem to be getting crashes anymore. I’ll post back here if I do! Really appreciate it. Thanks!

Archived