Flower Girls SkyrimVR No Spin Temporary Patch

haxmo

EDIT: Original author updated the mod so this shouldn't be necessary anymore.

A quick fix to stop your camera from spinning during animations involving the player.

The player model is still invisible though.

Data.zip

Edit: New version with removed 3rd person and enable controls.

Data.zip

This is a step in the right direction.  I see you already reached out to the creator of Flower Girls, thanks for that.

With the spinning stopped, the major items are:

1.) Showing PC body

2.) Aligning the PC camera with the scene at the body's correct head position

Per the discussion with Xiderpunk there are some interesting scripts Bethesda used for the helgen opening sequence that places the player's view on the chopping block.  These scripts might modifiable to align the VR PC camera with scenes.

Hi, yes I am sure a solution can be found. 1.9 release of FG is only a couple of days away now, hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be able to release it, therefore this patch would also need updating. I might be able incorporate what the patch does (I assume it removes the call to place into 3rd person mode?) into 1.9 itself and add a VR option in the mod settings. Just as an interim thing until I can get my hands on a VR headset. 

2 hours ago, tigasnake said:

Does this script replacement require a new game to function?  I added it and tested an existing save, and all it does is skip everything after the dialogue ends.  The NPC just walks away.

Shouldn't. all it does is fix the camera.

You can safely use both, there is no crossover between animations or anything else. In respect of your issue with the scenes not playing after dialogue.. you can try the restart FG option from the Mod options. (In the FG options spell). If that doesn't fix it, then papyrus log should have some indication of whats going wrong.

You know what?  I'm a derphead.  I'm using FG v1.8.2.  So if there were changes to dxaliasactor.pex in 1.8.3 or 1.8.4, then the fix wouldn't work for me anyways.  I'll hold off and wait til Xider pushes the anticipated 1.90 before trying out any VR fixes.

The reason I haven't updated is because I have a pretty solid index of custom animation sets replacing the filenames of Xider's default animation sets.  With the SirNibbles added animations in 1.8.3, I held off on patching until I absolutely need to.

Ah right that makes sense, yes dxAliasActor.pex has most been altered between releases. 1.9 has a whole load more animations.. All of Billyy's excellent work for humans, along with all of Rohzima's animations for solo scenes. The biggest single enhancement.. it introduces full multi-threading. Now multiple concurrent scenes with independent sound stages are possible.

I have also added a VR mode in the Mod Options. Enabling this will do the same thing as this patch does, just as a temporary measure until I receive my VR Headset. The plan will then be to look for a much better solution to animations involving the player in VR.

I am in the process right now of packaging this up for release.. so should be ready in an hour or so.

29 minutes ago, balthazard8888 said:

Would it be possible to add a camera where you see your own body and engage in the sex from POV or are you just putting a third person camera in place at the moment ?

I suspect the first method will essentially be more like a 3rd person view of the player actor involved in the scene (in other words you will be free to move around like an out-of-body experience, looking at your own character having sex) . So it will be akin to how scenes work in SE. I do however wish to explore an animated camera representing the players POV also, I can't guarantee how this will turn out, but it's definitely worth investigating. 

The animated camera idea will be pretty tough to execute without causing motion sickness.  I think the "out of body experience" would be the most solid method.  With VR movement and roomscale, we can really explore the entire scene from any angle, almost as if TFC was active.

Incidentally, just posting here also for clarification. If using FlowerGirls version 1.9 (or newer) this patch will be incompatible. Everything this patch does can instead be found in the FlowerGirls options spell (Mod Options). There is a VR Mode option. Enabling that will stop the spinning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2018 at 1:07 PM, Xiderpunk said:

Incidentally, just posting here also for clarification. If using FlowerGirls version 1.9 (or newer) this patch will be incompatible. Everything this patch does can instead be found in the FlowerGirls options spell (Mod Options). There is a VR Mode option. Enabling that will stop the spinning.

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Archived