Crusader Kings II is Free on steam for a limited time!

2Dimm

1 hour ago, SirDuke said:

Got one copy for free!

I´ve never played this game before, so how about the DLCs?

Is there anything REALLY important for the gameplay?

Something that, in some way, should better be bought, like the DLCs from Skyrim or XCom2?

If you have the money to burn, buy them (but not the bundles, they contain the base game (for a price) and a few outdated dlc). 

Way of life. Legacy of Rome, Horse Lords, Ultimate Unit Pack/Portrait Pack and the customizaton packs a must have imho. 

3 hours ago, SirDuke said:

Is there anything REALLY important for the gameplay?

Something that, in some way, should better be bought, like the DLCs from Skyrim or XCom2?

Most of them are really important. As the name "Crusader Kings" suggests, the base game let you play as a Catholic feudal lord starting in 1066. Various DLCs have expanded your options to include Muslim and Orthodox rulers, merchant republics, nomads from Asian steppes, various pagans from northern Europe, and into India and Tibet. It's easier to list things that you don't need buy to enjoy the game (Sunset Invasion, Conclave).

If you can't afford everything, I recommend thinking about what specific historical stories interest you and then buying just the matching DLCs. For example, if you're a fan of the TV series Vikings, you'd probably want to buy the Old Gods DLC so you can play Ragnar Lothbrok.

There are just so many DLCs...

And although there is given a 50% discount, they still are set at about 5€ (6$) each.

This means, you can easily throw away about 70 - 80 € just for the DLCs.

In my opinion, this is just too much to buy all of them...

Of course, I can still read what they contain, but this still gives me no clue of how important each might be.

For example, I can pay 10 € ( about 12 $ ) for the portrait pack, but I don´t have any idea on how usefull that might be.

There are may games around, where I can edit my own portraits and put them into the game...

So I´m still hoping for some more opinions around here.

Even if you just tell me what I should NOT buy.

;)

(At least "Way of Life" is already in my shopping cart)

On 4/8/2018 at 2:16 AM, pythia23 said:

I have to salute all of you who play this game. I grabbed it when it went free on steam, and tried playing it. Felt like I was bashing my head into a brick wall. Even trying to follow the tutorial, it's super dense.

Here's a hint: incest is important things to do, you can weaponize it

Archived