need help with meshes/textures for a special tail

love to play a char with an animated tail (I think it is an argonian - the race is winged twilight https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65364 ) ... the char changes sometimes with another mod to a succubus... having a typical succubus-tail (more or less small, black with an arrowpoint)... I want to substitute the tail... tried to copy the tail from the winged race into the directory of the succubus-race ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22903 ) ... the tail is now the right form, but the textures are all wrong ( like transparent, no real colors)... can someone help me out to have a nice animated tail after changing to succubus?  

8 hours ago, xwhiteninjax said:

love to play a char with an animated tail (I think it is an argonian - the race is winged twilight https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65364 ) ... the char changes sometimes with another mod to a succubus... having a typical succubus-tail (more or less small, black with an arrowpoint)... I want to substitute the tail... tried to copy the tail from the winged race into the directory of the succubus-race ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22903 ) ... the tail is now the right form, but the textures are all wrong ( like transparent, no real colors)... can someone help me out to have a nice animated tail after changing to succubus?  

also the deal with textures is that you need to keep them in the original directory not move them in the same folder as the mesh
the tail texture should stay at "\textures\actors\character\SuccubusLite\SuccubusAppearance"

4 hours ago, 2Dimm said:

also the deal with textures is that you need to keep them in the original directory not move them in the same folder as the mesh
the tail texture should stay at "\textures\actors\character\SuccubusLite\SuccubusAppearance"

thanks for responding... tried several tails inside the succubusappearance-directory... even changed races, since I am not sure if the original "winged twilightrace" had a bodyproblem... the "skyline" of the tail is the same, but the textures are all a mess (washed out, little gloweffect)... it is the same for each tail I tried ... copied tails and renamed to the original ones used from the succubus-race... even changed the skse/plugin - xml.file... .nothing is working... so I am stuck with the original Tail of the succubusrace or I have to look at the face or the body during the game and just ignore the tail

it is a pity, since the original tail is great

I have no problems, with the tails you are showing in the picture... go for my modpage (vampiresuccubusplaystyle)... there are lots of pics of my char with the tail, I mentioned... if not in succubus-form... with changing into succubus I get the tail as in your pics... the original one is working ok... all I am replacing (with the name of the first-existing ones) are in the "skyline" of the wanted tail, but with "blurred, light glowing textures"

my workaround is now a fresh installed "animated wings-mod" with wings 150 percent (the size of the wings in succubus-form)... since the adding-spell don't transform any body-addons it looks like the wanted succubus... original (animated-)tail of the winged-twilight-race, fireatronarch-horns...

I am using the mod "flying beta overhaul" for fighting in the air, too... so I have not the nice feature that the wings are folded automatically if I am on earth.. but this is ok, since this is only a blink to remove them with a spell manually...

so the outlook is manually (ingamestyle) handled as wanted...

I don't know what is messing with the textures... I thought copying and nenaming would do ok... but there are more as I running into this problem and since no texture-expert is working on a nice solution and distribute a complete patch for it (nif for the meshes-dir, skse/plugin-dir with the xml-file and textures-dir with the .dds-files it will not work (at least for me)...

have fun playing skyrim... and maybe you will have fun playing my mod with the new version (coming soon), too...

I am not playing the PSQ-mod, since there is a punishmentsystem for being succubus in it... I am no fan for mods like "devious, cursed or similiar stuff"... not that this mods are bad or I am against their themes... it is restricting to game itself.. not being able to play quests without being punished/hunted/abused/enslaved every minutes from them is no fun... if the authors would fairly mentioned on their page, that this a playstyle like the "maria-eden-mod"... no respect for other mods, only playing this one possible... that I could follow... as player I would know, it is a special world, maybe the outlook and the locations are "like skyrim"... but the other stuff is not reachable because the mod will restrict it, totally...

a great mod like "shout like a virgin" is doing the same.. no playing of natural skyrim anymore... even with the mcm-menu and options like "hold the main-story, hold some parts of the mod on hold" will not work everytime... mods like that will not "add" to the fun, they will claim the "fun" is only insinde their mods... just like... I want to make sure, that you are playing with the playstyle the mod-god (author) thinks is best for you...

so my mod shows a vampire-succubus-playstyle with fitting other mods and how the player is able to adapt them to this playstyle... respecting the original-mods (leaving them as they are), but doing some adjustments in personal-modded-ones to have own fun, own freedom to play the game

sorry that some topics were a bit over the usual-answers... I am not hating other mods or authors... I just want the original "freedom" in playing the game, back

VSP_test.jpg

with other wings, but wanted tail in succubus-form

Archived