[Mod Summary] Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash

Before the latest update, I manage to backup the whole beach splash folder to another HDD (20GB++)

What I did was - copy 3 files/folders from the old version and replaced them into the new updated Steam version folder

_CommonRedist

GameData

SKPeachBeachSplash.exe

And it works. Nude patch still on, no crash, no VAC ban and game is playable.

I read and re-read how to downgrade, but still don't understand it ;-; at all.....

I never heard of VAC before  and -_- my steam games update to the latest by themselves...I have all of the DLC (Expect for one which is the latest) most of said DLC bought when not on sale and...quite upseting for I had bought all of that so I could throughly enjoy the mods and for this to suddenly happen out in the blue. I don't have any backup or anything of that sort saved.... (I have Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash on my PS4 and I had bought it on Steam purely for the amazing mods to add on otherwise wouldn't have bought it on Steam when I already have it on my PS4)

If there any future Senran Kagura games released on Steam I certainly will not be buying them.

17 hours ago, masterofwar14 said:

Hey, thank you for the suggestion, but how would one edit the texture sizes? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the process. I assumed at first that you meant a texture size option in the game but I don't see one.

Edit texture size by extracting the skin texture with CTE. then open it with Photoshop or Gimp (with (nvidia) .dds plugin).

• Open CTE and extract the skin texture
  • In photoshop press ALT+CTRL+C and set it to 1024
  • Go and "save as" (SHIFT+CTRL+C) .dds
  • Select DXT1 RGB (no alpha) and click save.
  • Back to CTE replace the texture using the one you just saved/edited
  • Test it and see if it works

For the people trying to roll back to the older ver here you go. Use that guide that delirious17 posted on page 28 to get the console option on steam, then copy and paste this in the console command prompt download_depot 696170 696171 8435619293011946570     That command will give you the latest ver of peach beach splash that is modable. Know that the download speeds will be super slow for some time but will boost up to normal speeds later in the download.

•••••• IMPORTANT ••••••

Ok, after reading through japanese forum I got the general idea about the problem with latest updates/patchs.

It's related to the Skin texture format.
So my guess is.
We/the modders were using .jpg .png with a .dds extension which would make possible to use a higher resolution textures.
So now the game is directly searching the image if it's actually .dds or not thus causing the crash if not.

Possible solution for now.
Save the image as .dds after editing and replace the texture using CTE.
Note that the texture size will be a lot bigger and may cause lag or even crash if the texture is above 1k resolution (due to file size increase)

So since I no longer have the game, someone who is have it test it out.
If true any mod with "incorrect" format will cause crash.

While nobody test it • • •
Help yourselves with this beautiful lady.

hi guys first nice work for this game!

so now with the crap 1.08 update no mods work can you guys update your work?

Sia_Daisuki - did you update the nude patch without hair? it work well? no bug nothing so it is possible to mods the 1.08?

thx again for your work guys^^

(i would like the one jet pack invisible)

Ryzom - the 1.08 made all mods bug on my game, only the light censor mod work so...

For those that want to play the game offline without update locking it.

Go to the steamapps folder.

File named appmanifest_696170.acf open it with a text editor.

Simply change the number after "StateFlags" to 4

Then change the number after "UpdateResult" to 0

Save it.

You'll have to do this every-time if Steam goes online.

A new challenger!

Hey, all! Lucky for you all I have nothing better to do with my life; so I've adapted each of the textures (Every single girl) in the nude skin pack to work with 1.08! I tried some of the invisible costume mods etc. and they already work on 1.08, so enjoy!

As suggested, I've kept the texture resolution low to avoid loading and crashes; 1024 for high quality, and 512 for low quality, so they unfortunately don't look quite as nice as the originals, but I didn't want to risk any higher. (Certainly not with my modest machine. >.>)

(Hope there's no problem with me reposting modifed versions of others' work. All thanks to 687-san for the original mod!)

PBSNM.zip

Just extract to the game's GameData folder.

(PS. I tried the mod myself and everything looked good, but do let me know if I missed something or something isn't working, and I'll try to fix it.)

6 hours ago, Truebluehero2 said:

A new challenger!

Hey, all! Lucky for you all I have nothing better to do with my life; so I've adapted each of the textures (Every single girl) in the nude skin pack to work with 1.08! I tried some of the invisible costume mods etc. and they already work on 1.08, so enjoy!

As suggested, I've kept the texture resolution low to avoid loading and crashes; 1024 for high quality, and 512 for low quality, so they unfortunately don't look quite as nice as the originals, but I didn't want to risk any higher. (Certainly not with my modest machine. >.>)

(Hope there's no problem with me reposting modifed versions of others' work. All thanks to 687-san for the original mod!)

PBSNM.zip

(PS. I tried the mod myself and everything looked good, but do let me know if I missed something or something isn't working, and I'll try to fix it.)

Ok, so to make sure...
You saved the texture as proper .dds or .jpeg with .dds extension ?

Also you can use 1024 for both high and low.

High = Cutscenes, Close-ups and Dressing Room
Low = Gameplay

5 hours ago, djoal said:

if the resolution texture is low it should look ugly no? not sure to try it then.

Fine details might look blurred.

7 hours ago, Truebluehero2 said:

A new challenger!

PBSNM.zip

50 minutes ago, The Butler said:

Ok, so to make sure...

High = Cutscenes, Close-ups and Dressing Room
Low = Gameplay

Fine details might look blurred.

Hi guys!

I'm making somes tests following the instrucions provided by The Butler with Softman Realistic 1.0 For all girls's Skin Pack

No crashes for the moment and the mods seem to be working fine (need further testing though, it's my first time messing with CTE and textures). I've put the resolution to 2048 for high quality and 1024 for low and the file's been exported to .dds using Gimp. Seems to be the same method used for the file on sia_daisuki's post.

You can give it a try, it won't hurt ?. All credits and thanks to Softman for his pack and The Butler for the instructions. Great work!

2 hours ago, The Butler said:

Ok, so to make sure...

They're proper .dds with DXT1 compression. I tested every single girl (I have unlocked/purchased) in-game myself. Took me a half hour to figure out why Yumi was crashing. I thought she was id 00 for some reason, and it took me a while to realize she was actually id 10 and I had skipped over her files. >_<

The skin mod ONLY modifies the girls' skins not the clothes, so it only makes a visible difference when their clothing comes off in some other way. If you want them to stay nude, you'll have to use an Invisible Costume. I use the School Bloomer one since it doesn't require any DLC. 

So if you want them fully nude, you'll also have to install the School Bloomer Invisible Costume mod, buy the School Bloomer costume from the in-game shop (if you haven't already) and equip it to any applicable girls. 

21 minutes ago, Truebluehero2 said:

The skin mod ONLY modifies the girls' skins not the clothes, so it only makes a visible difference when their clothing comes off in some other way. If you want them to stay nude, you'll have to use an Invisible Costume. I use the School Bloomer one since it doesn't require any DLC. 

So if you want them fully nude, you'll also have to install the School Bloomer Invisible Costume mod, buy the School Bloomer costume from the in-game shop (if you haven't already) and equip it to any applicable girls. 

ah okay, thanks!  i assume the skin mod prevent for seeing nothing when use a invinsible outfit right?

but i have to buy all mod costums at the ingame shop? but why the shopkeeper are already nude?