F4SE Update Question

Hey so... sorry if this is in the wrong place but, I've never had to do this so I'm not sure what the procedure is...

The new F4SE Update, do I need to transfer *every* file in the new F4SE 7zip file? or just the 3 files that go in the root directory of the game, or... what exactly is the updating procedure? :open_mouth:

Thanks a lot in advance o/

I usually do every file, most likely they only updated the version number since last Fallout 4 update didn't really change anything except add more shitty creation club stuff, so you would only need the root files, but you know just in case they made some other changes to script extender you should just do all the files

10 minutes ago, Wolfsy said:

I usually do every file, most likely they only updated the version number since last Fallout 4 update didn't really change anything except add more shitty creation club stuff, so you would only need the root files, but you know just in case they made some other changes to script extender you should just do all the files

Ah okay. Well the root of my concern about this is that I'm unaware if any or many of the mods I use actually replace any scripts that come bundled with F4SE, and so by updating the thing and replacing *every* file I may be shooting myself on the foot... or is that not a thing?

Archived