Forcing Bashed Patch to Use Specific Eye Meshes

I'm trying to use Oblivion Character Overhaul and Elaborate Eyes together on a project, but I've run into a roadblock.  I have all of the races using the Elaborate Eyes mesh through the Bashed Patch... but it's overriding the Argonian mesh as well, forcing Argonians to use the human eyes.  It definitely doesn't look right.  Is there a way to force the Bashed Patch to use a specific mod's eye meshes?  I know there used to be a way to do this, but I don't remember...

When the Elaborate Eyes Mod fuck up the argonian eyes  check the Elaborate Eyes Mod in TES4Edit and delete the argonian race or change the eye meshes path.

Then in the next BashPatch the argonian eyes should be ok.

EDIT:

Check the BashedPatch, the argonian race.  The last Mods "wins" ( The rightmost Mod )

Add in the last Mod (which changes the Argonians) the right mesh textures path.

Then create a new BashedPatch.

Yep, my mod which changes the eye meshes is one of the last ones to be loaded, and I checked that none after it touch races in any way - it should be winning.  The problem, as far as I can see, is that CBash itself is trying to "help" me by "fixing" the races to use the Elaborate Eyes mesh (to prevent googly eyes) - apparently it wasn't programmed to realize that the Argonians are supposed to use another eye mesh...

• 3 weeks later...

I actually figured out the solution to this after some fiddling.  It seems that all I had to do was copy all of the standard Oblivion eyes (eyeArgonian and so on) to my ESP and then change their textures.  Because they're in an ESP where I'm changing the eyes to the Elaborate Eye mesh, the Bashed Patch stops trying to force the human eye mesh on Argonians.

By the way, for anyone who wants to create a collection like this (hair & eyes) and wants to have the hairs and eyes appear on custom races, I fully suggest using a Filter ESP, which makes supporting multiple races that the user may or may not have a breeze.  I have one now that adds my hair & eye collections to all of Flan's races, the Melusine race, Chocolate Elves, Moonshadow Elves and the Elsweyr Khajiit races, and also fixes the eye meshes on a bunch of optional mods that use custom races, like Mannimarco Revisited, KOTN Revelations, various companions...

Archived