Kinky World make game crash?

Tikiesama

On 23/2/2018 at 12:13 AM, Tikiesama said:

When I play the game works good for a few minutes,but after the game crash and I receive the message "The Sims 3 has stopped work."It's because I have Kinky World installed?

It's just me or someone have the same problem?

I use Windows 7

As a matter of fact, there are many reasons that can make Sims 3 crash.

And sure that's far beyond mods.

So lets start from the beginning.

Is your windows 7 X64 or X86?

Is this crash of yours happens in a new or a saved game?

If it's a saved game that crash, is it steam Sims 3 installation, base, EPs and SPs or you installed from CDs? 

If it comes from CDs, is the world that you play a Sims 3 world or a custom one?

Many game worlds that came from CDs had route errors, causing game crash at a specific memory address. (0x000003fc)

And last one, is your GPU (your graphics card) known to Sims 3?

Open DeviceConfig.log with notepad, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

and see what is written in the following lines

Name (driver):   Your Graphics card manufacture
Name (database): Your Graphics card manufacture [Found: 1, Matched: 1] <- look for this. if it's zero, start with this

If nothing of all these happens in your computer, sure then, we can talk about CCs and Mods

On 23/2/2018 at 10:02 AM, maksym.dickson said:

Are you using any other mods? For example Passion? Possible it could cause conflict.

try to find crash logs (xcpt*.txt) in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3", open it in notepad, check if there any human readable message about any issues.

You can also try this tool to analyze logs - The Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer http://modthesims.info/d/416883

I don't know if any one ever understood what this program is trying to say about game crashes.

Highest reason for game crashes, by Crash Log Analyzer is some Custom Content.

An undefined Custom Content.

What the game starts normal at least in X64 systems, it leaves about 1 Gbyte free virtual ram.

If a crash happens at 900 Mb of it, then sure it is a Custom content thing for this Analyzer, but if the crash address is 0x000000 (everything zero)

this means that the game is completely out of memory to any programmer! 

The rest is experience!

Nraas register for example, knows only vanilla game services, such as maids, bartenders and sure don't knows anything about gardeners, hookers, strippers, call girls and whatever any one imagine to make as NPC services and never ever was updated for them!

The existence of both makes services managers bouncing in Sims 3, causing resets of NPC service sims at its best or even crashes at its worse.

My point here is try to observe what your sims where doing during game crash.

This will give you something more than Crash Log Analyzer   

10 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Nraas register for example, knows only vanilla game services, such as maids, bartenders and sure don't knows anything about gardeners, hookers, strippers, call girls and whatever any one imagine to make as NPC services and never ever was updated for them!

The existence of both makes services managers bouncing in Sims 3, causing resets of NPC service sims at its best or even crashes at its worse.

My point here is try to observe what your sims where doing during game crash.

True while Register only understands NPC Services, but it is able to understand custom NPC Roles (to a small extent) which is how KW originally tried to get around the incompatibility issues by assigning hookers, call girls etc (only for residents though)... as Roles as opposed to Services but even then there were a few minor issues primarily with Residents being in Role positions.

Now KW assigns hookers, call girls etc (only for Residents or uses the current sims in the Generations Dancer Service if no Residents are available for call girls basically just tacking on an extra service type call without actually adding a new service or extra sims)... as custom careers bypassing any Register problems completely.

It's when trying to add a completely new service within an existing service and adding additional sims to it that causes Register to go bonkers.

Basically how KW currently does hookers, call girls etc... is similar to how Nraas Woohooer does the Kama Simtra Professionals but with more tweaking such as adding autonomy (for resident hookers to go to random lots) and work hours (for resident call girls).

Archived