localisation files messed up

joemann

I changed the language of my PC today. Later on I noticed that all my localization files have gone haywire. Instead of having the id in column A and the text in column  B, they are now together in A separated by a <;> and the text is spread out over several columns. At the end of the text there is a mass of ;;;;;;;;;;x

It's very difficult to get rid of and shows in the in game screens.

Anybody know how to remedy this?

15 hours ago, joemann said:

I changed the language of my PC today. Later on I noticed that all my localization files have gone haywire. Instead of having the id in column A and the text in column  B, they are now together in A separated by a <;> and the text is spread out over several columns. At the end of the text there is a mass of ;;;;;;;;;;x

I assume you are using excel? Excel uses your localised "list seperators" (look in regional settings to change the seperator).

Alternatively, do NOT double click the file. Open Excel and select "data import->CSV file". This will then show you a wizard allowing you to select the field seperator.

Archived