SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

28 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Well, same as above... I don't know if it is important... I just mentioned it because I still have it installed here. It must be a tiny little detail, that makes CF registering the nude meshes. 

Pretty sure I've talked about SetVehicleFixPlugin.dll before... Anyway I edited the first post to add a note for MNC about it.

The Oldrim version has absolutely no bearing on anything regarding SSE whatsoever.

I have also looked at CF on and off for about a week without getting any wiser I must say:-)

I have absolutely all other mods except immersive first person, SOS and CF working (Have not tested the devious mods). 

..starting to get really frustrating this mod...

I said a few days ago I was going to let you guys keep going down the "why isn't CF working" rabbit hole, but the problem still isn't in Creature Framework. I've been able to prove using someone's help (whoever ran that debug script way back when I first posted it) that CF is working fine and that the problem is somewhere with SKSE or JContainers or the rest of the game's installation.

I'll say it again, and at this rate again and again and again until everybody gets their versions working: CF is working fine. You won't make progress just by investigating CF. I don't want to be mean but there are some things about Skyrim and modding that I've tried explaining but that you aren't understanding.

It's something else that I can't determine because (a) I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on my computer and (b) nobody has been willing to help me troubleshoot this on their computer, though admittedly it's rapidly approaching a point where I can't do much because it involves building special versions of SKSE and/or JContainers just for testing and I really don't want to have to set that up.

25 minutes ago, tasairis said:

I said a few days ago I was going to let you guys keep going down the "why isn't CF working" rabbit hole, but the problem still isn't in Creature Framework. I've been able to prove using someone's help (whoever ran that debug script way back when I first posted it) that CF is working fine and that the problem is somewhere with SKSE or JContainers or the rest of the game's installation.

I'll say it again, and at this rate again and again and again until everybody gets their versions working: CF is working fine. You won't make progress just by investigating CF. I don't want to be mean but there are some things about Skyrim and modding that I've tried explaining but that you aren't understanding.

It's something else that I can't determine because (a) I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on my computer and (b) nobody has been willing to help me troubleshoot this on their computer, though admittedly it's rapidly approaching a point where I can't do much because it involves building special versions of SKSE and/or JContainers just for testing and I really don't want to have to set that up.

Yes..probably me that tested that script:

Spoiler

[03/02/2018 - 08:28:31AM] SexLabDebug log opened (PC)
[03/02/2018 - 08:28:31AM] SexLab Debug/Development Mode Deactivated
[03/02/2018 - 08:29:14AM] NOTICE: ValidateActor(Ixxxx) -- TRUE -- MISS
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:01AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:01AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:05AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:05AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:12AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:12AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:13AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:13AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:21AM] NOTICE: ValidateActor(xxxx) -- TRUE -- HIT
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:22AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:22AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:32AM] Log closed

You said that it was probably something with jc. But I have installed and reinstalled jc 4.0 and 4.0.1 several times with no difference. Also tried changing jc4.0 .pex files with jc3.3 to see if it made any difference, but no. Tried uninstalling mods that use jc also , but no difference. 

Well, I don't want to start a riot here, I just say that I have CF working with nude meshes. 

We all have the same SKSE versions and access to the same JC versions. If it works for me, it should be working for others, too. And if not, the question is why I am so lucky.(especially me)

If we find the little detail, we get it to work for all and it might also help to isolate and fix SKSE/JC if the problem comes from that side. 

54 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Well, I don't want to start a riot here, I just say that I have CF working with nude meshes. 

We all have the same SKSE versions and access to the same JC versions. If it works for me, it should be working for others, too. And if not, the question is why I am so lucky.(especially me)

If we find the little detail, we get it to work for all and it might also help to isolate and fix SKSE/JC if the problem comes from that side. 

We had a problem in HDT-SMP forum with HDT-SMP not running if xml files used "," and worked if the xml files used "." This was all down to localization of the user (europe/usa)

Could it be related? (probably stupid question), but I am out of ideas.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

Is that my script? It runs a couple quick tests on your JContainers/CF install - you should have seen a couple notification messages about it, or you can look through the SL debug log. Otherwise it doesn't do anything, and casting it on self or target doesn't make a difference.

Well, I'm looking for a detail. 

5 minutes ago, Farass said:

We had a problem in HDT-SMP forum with HDT-SMP not running if xml files used "," and worked if the xml files used "." This was all down to localization of the user (europe/usa)

Well, I am a german.... If it is related to the localization, it could only be the localization of JC.

Just a stupid question... Which influence does Arousd have on CF? Should I share the version I have? I have not updated it jet... I'm still using the version I have converted for myself.

In fact, It has something to do with JC, because for me it only works with 4.0 and not with 4.01. I must have tested nearly every configuration and combination of files that I found here. And I didn't care about installng guides or load orders or installing rules. 

I have broken it 3 times, and I don't know why. Now that I have it running again, I want to keep it running and find out what it is that make ist work and what will break it again.  

29 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

In fact, It has something to do with JC, because for me it only works with 4.0 and not with 4.01. I must have tested nearly every configuration and combination of files that I found here. And I didn't care about installng guides or load orders or installing rules. 

I have broken it 3 times, and I don't know why. Now that I have it running again, I want to keep it running and find out what it is that make ist work and what will break it again.  

well, I can see one difference between jc4.0 and 4.0.1

The function "function readFromFile(String path) global native" is removed from 4.0.1 (doesn't know if it makes any difference though) 

jc4.0 vs 4.0.1.JPG

12 minutes ago, Farass said:

The function "function readFromFile(String path) global native" is removed from 4.0.1 (doesn't know if it makes any difference though) 

jc4.0 vs 4.0.1.JPG

All I can say is, that CF is running on 4.0 here. And that it broke when I was trying to upgrade things. 

Question: Which mods do you have installed righ now?

And are you using a mod manager and which one is it?

3 hours ago, Farass said:

Yes..probably me that tested that script:

Reveal hidden contents

[03/02/2018 - 08:28:31AM] SexLabDebug log opened (PC)
[03/02/2018 - 08:28:31AM] SexLab Debug/Development Mode Deactivated
[03/02/2018 - 08:29:14AM] NOTICE: ValidateActor(Ixxxx) -- TRUE -- MISS
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:01AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:01AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:05AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:05AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:12AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:12AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:13AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:13AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:21AM] NOTICE: ValidateActor(xxxx) -- TRUE -- HIT
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:22AM] ERR: unserialize form 1
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:22AM] ERR: unserialize form 2
[03/02/2018 - 08:30:32AM] Log closed

You said that it was probably something with jc. But I have installed and reinstalled jc 4.0 and 4.0.1 several times with no difference. Also tried changing jc4.0 .pex files with jc3.3 to see if it made any difference, but no. Tried uninstalling mods that use jc also , but no difference. 

Yes. I think I explained it before but that script was testing whether JContainers was able to read that "__formData" stuff in the CF JSON files. The debug spell doesn't do anything with CF directly, and tries to test every possible step between the form in MNC itself and the literal JSON string.

The script breaks down precisely at the point where JContainers is supposed to decode the string and return a form. The form can be loaded by the game fine, and JContainers is even able to correctly generate the __formData JSON string from that form.

Like literally, JC can't return the right form from the string. I don't know beyond that and with Papyrus I can't get any more precise information.

3 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

One down, one to go.

2 hours ago, Farass said:

I had considered localization but couldn't find any point in the process that it would make sense. What JContainers does is: break the string into pieces, parse the form ID number (C's strtoul), and call native Skyrim to load the form from the file (Game.GetForm).

The parsing operation can be influenced by localization, but with values like "0x1234" it shouldn't make a difference and should work the same for everyone.

"But Game.GetForm can't handle mods above 7F in the load order!" Correct, but that's a Papyrus issue - JContainers is calling it natively and so isn't susceptible to the problem. But just in case I tried bumping my MNC way down the load order and it made no difference.

1 hour ago, Pfiffy said:

Just a stupid question... Which influence does Arousd have on CF? Should I share the version I have? I have not updated it jet... I'm still using the version I have converted for myself.

Aroused can control whether the mesh is added automatically outside of scenes. You can make sure that's not the problem by telling CF to use a minimum arousal level of 0 (so it always adds the mesh).

1 hour ago, Farass said:

jc4.0 vs 4.0.1.JPG

I don't know of anything using it. If that were a problem then the Papyrus log would complain about being unable to call that function, so that's easy to check for.

Note that specifically applies to JDB.readFromFile. For comparison, CF uses JValue.ReadFromDirectory which is something else entirely.

14 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Yes. I think I explained it before but that script was testing whether JContainers was able to read that "__formData" stuff in the CF JSON files. The debug spell doesn't do anything with CF directly, and tries to test every possible step between the form in MNC itself and the literal JSON string.

The script breaks down precisely at the point where JContainers is supposed to decode the string and return a form. The form can be loaded by the game fine, and JContainers is even able to correctly generate the __formData JSON string from that form.

Like literally, JC can't return the right form from the string. I don't know beyond that and with Papyrus I can't get any more precise information.

One down, one to go.

I had considered localization but couldn't find any point in the process that it would make sense. What JContainers does is: break the string into pieces, parse the form ID number (C's strtoul), and call native Skyrim to load the form from the file (Game.GetForm).

The parsing operation can be influenced by localization, but with values like "0x1234" it shouldn't make a difference and should work the same for everyone.

"But Game.GetForm can't handle mods about 7F in the load order!" Correct, but that's a Papyrus issue - JContainers is calling it natively and so isn't susceptible to the problem. But just in case I tried bumping my MNC way down the load order and it made no difference.

Aroused can control whether the mesh is added automatically outside of scenes. You can make sure that's not the problem by telling CF to use a minimum arousal level of 0.

I don't know of anything using it. If that were a problem then the Papyrus log would complain about being unable to call that function, so that's easy to check for.

Note that specifically applies to JDB.readFromFile. For comparison, CF uses JValue.ReadFromDirectory which is something else entirely.

Thanks for your detailed answers! I feel like I have tried everything, but with no progress on this particular isssue. What is left is maybe some other mod interfering with CF since I quess we all use the same versions of SKSE, JC, CF and MNC (I have MNC and CF working perfectly in Oldrim with same versions) . I have tried disabling most mods I can think that would maybe interfere, but no luck. I think I will have a break from this "issue" and try some other mods for a while:-)

Oh, and unrelated:

I've discovered that SKEE64 has added two new methods to NiOverride, available since 1.0/Alpha 1. Existing methods are unchanged.

Papyrus will complain that the old NiOverride script doesn't include them but there shouldn't be actual problems.

ObjectReference[] function GetMorphedReferences() native global
function ForEachMorphedReference(string eventName, Form receiver) native global

- GetMorphedReferences returns all morphed references. No surprise.

- ForEachMorphedReference will fire the given event at the given Form once for each morphed reference. I don't know how to interpret what the SKSE source does with events so I can't tell you the event function signature (but obviously somewhere in it is the ObjectReference).

Since there's no official Papyrus code for SKEE64, I modified mine to include the functions:

NiOverride.pex

NiOverride.psc

I took the liberty of bumping the script version to 7. I suggest using this instead of the Oldrim ones.

don't suggest using these methods in scripts until SKEE64 has a full release and the API is stable.

PS: This does not fix Blush When Aroused. With only casual effort so far, I haven't been able to get it to apply face overlays yet. The problem may be in SKEE64 itself.

7 hours ago, tasairis said:

Still alpha, still doesn't support overlays, bodygen, sculpting, or importing/exporting. So unchanged since November.

This is why I still have a bare version of Oldrim installed for overlays, bodygen, sculpting, or importing/exporting then transfer to SSE to finish. but yeah I feel your pain lol

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

One down, one to go.

"But Game.GetForm can't handle mods above 7F in the load order!" Correct, but that's a Papyrus issue - JContainers is calling it natively and so isn't susceptible to the problem. But just in case I tried bumping my MNC way down the load order and it made no difference.

Aroused can control whether the mesh is added automatically outside of scenes. You can make sure that's not the problem by telling CF to use a minimum arousal level of 0 (so it always adds the mesh).

Is the JValue.readfrom... for reading both? The json files that are to be registered and the Data stored internal database/the skse co save?

I have a new version of HCOs from MadMansGun. Therefore I have updated the MNC and HC to 11.1. If I rereregister now, the the registerd armors get lost again. without reregistering the old entries still work, but the new ones don't get registered.

the debugspell didn't show an error before (see pic 1). Now I get an error. The scripts that worked are yours. On the other side You say, that this is not possible. 20180307132721_1.thumb.jpg.ad537bd1d8a92a28f1ea6c16ba8ed221.jpg

Update: I'm not using HDT-SMP so I did some more digging and expanded the HDT information.

Also note HDT-SMP updated yesterday(ish). Apparently it fixes the "breakdancing" problem...

edit: Just noticed I lost the CBP link in the rewrite. So that's back.

A question. Do we need both cbp and hdt-smp at the same time? I have them both installed, though everything is working except for hdt vagina of course. But I still don't know if I need both of these or use either one? Sorry for the complete lack of knowledge. 

Soul Gem Oven III is showing the "Nioverride not installed" message. How to solve? I've tried searching for the lines below in the psc files but can't find it. Perhaps I'm completely wrong in where I'm searching.

Note for NiOverride:
Oldrim NiOverride was version 6 of the "NiOverride" SKSE plugin while the new one is version 1 of the combined "skee" SKSE plugin. The script version is unchanged since it was hardcoded into the NiOverride script itself. Mods that use version checks may need to be updated accordingly. Example:

- if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") >= 5 && NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() >= 5
	+ if (SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") >= 5 || SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") >= 1) && NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() >= 5

Is the JValue.readfrom... for reading both? The json files that are to be registered and the Data stored internal database/the skse co save?

It's for reading the source files in creatures.d. I think JDB is for the saved database, however JDB.readFromFile is definitely not used at all.

Again, if it was then the Papyrus log would contain an error about a missing function, aborted function call, that stuff.

I have a new version of HCOs from MadMansGun. Therefore I have updated the MNC and HC to 11.1. If I rereregister now, the the registerd armors get lost again. without reregistering the old entries still work, but the new ones don't get registered.

the debugspell didn't show an error before (see pic 1). Now I get an error. The scripts that worked are yours. On the other side You say, that this is not possible.

The OK messages in that screenshot indicate the tests in the debug spell are passing, meaning the bug it was testing for (JContainers not being able to read forms from the JSON files) is not happening, which should mean that it can re-read all the creatures.d JSON files correctly and so registration should work.

Are you saying the screenshot is from an earlier run and this time you see ERR messages? What's changed?

2 hours ago, Inanna17 said:

Soul Gem Oven III is showing the "Nioverride not installed" message. How to solve? I've tried searching for the lines below in the psc files but can't find it. Perhaps I'm completely wrong in where I'm searching.

That code is just an example. Mods can and will test for NiOverride differently.

In the case of Soulgem Oven III (v310) the code that checks for NiOverride is in dcc_sgo_QuestController

Bool Function IsInstalledNiOverride(Bool Popup=TRUE)
{make sure NiOverride is installed and active.}

If(SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") == -1)
		If(Popup)
			Debug.MessageBox("NiOverride not installed. Install it by installing RaceMenu or by installing it standalone from the Nexus.")
		EndIf
		Return FALSE
	EndIf

Return TRUE
EndFunction

The fix here would be changing that one SKSE line to

If(SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") == -1 && SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") == -1)

Then recompile... which is easier said than done because you need a bunch of other mods, including UIExtensions, RaceMenu, and SOS.

And not just that but apparently SSE (or is it SKSE?) has a new Camera script which means some more changes are necessary:

Spoiler

QuestController: renamed Camera variable to CameraState

Function ImmersiveMenuCamera(Bool Enable)
{move the camera when the menu opens.}

;; disabling this because apparently i am the only one it is
	;; working for correctly.
	Return

Int CameraState = Game.GetCameraState()
	If(CameraState != 5 && CameraState != 8 && CameraState != 9 && CameraState != 10)
		self.PrintDebug("not in third person")
		Return
	EndIf

Float CurX = Utility.GetINIFloat("fOverShoulderPosX:Camera")
	Float CurZ = Utility.GetINIFloat("fOverShoulderPosZ:Camera")
	Float CurS = Utility.GetINIFLoat("fShoulderDollySpeed:Camera")

If(Enable)
		StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.X",CurX)
		StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.Z",CurZ)
		StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.S",CurS)
		Utility.SetINIFloat("fOverShoulderPosX:Camera",-50)
		Utility.SetINIFloat("fOverShoulderPosZ:Camera",-40)
		Utility.SetINIFloat("fShoulderDollySpeed:Camera",40)
	Else
		Utility.SetINIFloat("fOverShoulderPosX:Camera",StorageUtil.GetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.X"))
		Utility.SetINIFloat("fOverShoulderPosZ:Camera",StorageUtil.GetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.Z"))
		Utility.SetINIFloat("fShoulderDollySpeed:Camera",StorageUtil.GetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.S"))
		StorageUtil.UnsetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.X")
		StorageUtil.UnsetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.Z")
		StorageUtil.UnsetFloatValue(None,"SGO.Camera.S")
	EndIf

Game.UpdateThirdPerson()
	Return
EndFunction

but after allllll that it does work. dcc_sgo_QuestController.pex

If you try, please report back with how SGO works for you - I don't have much information about it so it's marked as unknown in the list. Of particular interest is whether the magic menu works correctly.

It's for reading the source files in creatures.d. I think JDB is for the saved database, however JDB.readFromFile is definitely not used at all.

Again, if it was then the Papyrus log would contain an error about a missing function, aborted function call, that stuff.

The OK messages in that screenshot indicate the tests in the debug spell are passing, meaning the bug it was testing for (JContainers not being able to read forms from the JSON files) is not happening, which should mean that it can re-read all the creatures.d JSON files correctly and so registration should work.

Are you saying the screenshot is from an earlier run and this time you see ERR messages? What's changed?

I said I had it running and then I installed the new versions of MNC, Hentaicreatures and HCOS....

I think I will go back to that save and see if I can reregister the new versions there.

So I tried converting MNC myself but I'm unable to attach MNC 11.1 esp in CK, it crashes immediately. I'm adding it via NMM then go into CK to activate the esp, click OK then CK closes without any error. I converted all the HKX and cleaned the nif but couldn't get any further due to esp.

Then I tried to convert Defeat with converting any HKX, updating nif and managed to open and save the esp in CK. It seemed to register OK with SL and MCM appeared. Was able to Install via MCM and change settings, all seemed ok. Couldn't get it to actually do anything in battle and then I started getting errors that the version of Skyrim has updated and that I needed a new SkyUI or SKSE or something and decided to remove it.

I'll wait until people with actual skills fully convert and post them eventually :smile:

30 minutes ago, Malo said:

So I tried converting MNC myself but I'm unable to attach MNC 11.1 esp in CK, it crashes immediately. I'm adding it via NMM then go into CK to activate the esp, click OK then CK closes without any error. I converted all the HKX and cleaned the nif but couldn't get any further due to esp.

Then I tried to convert Defeat with converting any HKX, updating nif and managed to open and save the esp in CK. It seemed to register OK with SL and MCM appeared. Was able to Install via MCM and change settings, all seemed ok. Couldn't get it to actually do anything in battle and then I started getting errors that the version of Skyrim has updated and that I needed a new SkyUI or SKSE or something and decided to remove it.

I'll wait until people with actual skills fully convert and post them eventually :smile:

Try it without opening it in the ck and it will work...

20 hours ago, tasairis said:

You will call me crazy: I have reregistered MNC11.1 ,HC11.1 and the new HCOS... By enabling my .ESP again... with 2 MCM's... As you said, this will be harmfull...

Did it on a save where the debugspell gave me an error and now look at the pic: 

I will try to confim this on other saves. And test if the anims will work correctly.  

20180308163452_1.jpg

Edit: Tested it on 2 Saves, that gave me an Error and now the give me an OK. 

Edit 2:  disabled the .esp and rechecked the files with error messages. They now work.

20180308173208_1.jpg

Just to ask some stupid questions: What effect might a disabled .esp have? You asked what I have changed... Well, I did a conversion of the ESM again, before i posted the files here.  So: I created an esp,  touched it in the ck, saved it, esmsified it in Wyrebash, and manually renamed the ESP to ESM. So there was only the copy left. now I have renamed the CF-copy.esp to CF.esp, and the registration works again.  

This all sounds so stupid...

All I can say right now is that the files you edited are working.