SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

I'm surprised RaceMenu was updated so quickly. Achievements Mod Enabler probably works already but we should check if the author has something to say about that just in case. So, I suppose now we need to wait for an update on SexLab and SoS for all the basic stuff to be ready.

Thanks for making that handy list in the first page, really helped me out. Cheers.

7 hours ago, JimKhan said:

I'm surprised RaceMenu was updated so quickly. Achievements Mod Enabler probably works already but we should check if the author has something to say about that just in case. So, I suppose now we need to wait for an update on SexLab and SoS for all the basic stuff to be ready.

Aw crud. I didn't think about mods. (My newbie-ness is showing.) The ones from Nexus are easy enough since Vortex tells me if there's an update available (though not if one is needed but not available...), but I'm not sure which of my mods from here even require updates to work properly. What methods do people here use to keep track of all that? (The site's connection is so intermittent that just checking every mod would take hours; would love to have some idea of which ones require checking.)

1 hour ago, SafyreStorme said:

Aw crud. I didn't think about mods. (My newbie-ness is showing.) The ones from Nexus are easy enough since Vortex tells me if there's an update available (though not if one is needed but not available...), but I'm not sure which of my mods from here even require updates to work properly. What methods do people here use to keep track of all that? (The site's connection is so intermittent that just checking every mod would take hours; would love to have some idea of which ones require checking.)

Um, have you checked the first page of this thread? Tasairis is nice enough to do that for us. Though in your defense, she may not have updated it when you asked. As a rule of thumb, whenever SKSE requires an update, all of it's dependents will typically require one as well. Best advice is to roll back your Skyrim SE version, then you can update at your leisure if you're in a rush to get gaming again.

Even better ideas: restart Steam in offline mode to avoid accidental updates. If you have to keep it online for the sake of other games (like ESO), set Steam to update Skyrim only when you launch the game through Steam or outside of SKSE.

As added measure, you can always back up your version pretty easily. Michael from GamerPoets provides directions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP13Fc1v1r4&t=781s. Then restoring your game is as easy as drop n' drag, though you'll have to re-clean them if you didn't back up the cleaned versions.

13 hours ago, JimKhan said:

Achievements Mod Enabler probably works already but we should check if the author has something to say about that just in case.

Note that SSE Engine Fixes 3+ also enables achievements too.

4 hours ago, Sevatt said:

Um, have you checked the first page of this thread? Tasairis is nice enough to do that for us. Though in your defense, she may not have updated it when you asked. As a rule of thumb, whenever SKSE requires an update, all of it's dependents will typically require one as well. Best advice is to roll back your Skyrim SE version, then you can update at your leisure if you're in a rush to get gaming again.

Before I went to bed last night (~17 hours ago) I had the list in the first post up - of course, it only helps if people know to look at it. And it's not like I mentioned I was doing anything there...

But yeah, I'll be tracking mod updates again. Now, once or twice after work tomorrow, then periodically over the weekend. I imagine by Monday we'll be, like, 80% up to date.

6 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Note that SSE Engine Fixes 3+ also enables achievements too.

Thank you for telling me, unfortunately I remember some people stating that the plugin causes some issues so I am still unsure of whether I'll download it for myself. I'll give it some thought.

7 minutes ago, JimKhan said:

Thank you for telling me, unfortunately I remember some people stating that the plugin causes some issues so I am still unsure of whether I'll download it for myself. I'll give it some thought.

Whether Engine Fixes as a whole causes issues? Not that I've heard, or at least where the problem can't be fixed with a setting. It is a must-have mod.

4 hours ago, Sevatt said:

Even better ideas: restart Steam in offline mode to avoid accidental updates. If you have to keep it online for the sake of other games (like ESO), set Steam to update Skyrim only when you launch the game through Steam or outside of SKSE.

As added measure, you can always back up your version pretty easily. Michael from GamerPoets provides directions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP13Fc1v1r4&t=781s. Then restoring your game is as easy as drop n' drag, though you'll have to re-clean them if you didn't back up the cleaned versions.

Oh, goodness. How could I have missed that? Granted, I hadn't looked at the first page since yesterday, but still. Anyway, that's fantastic. Thank you for pointing it out to my completely unobservant self. 

I don't think any of my Steam games actually require the internet for anything other than updates, so that's a good idea and I will definitely checkout the youtube vid. Thank you. 

? Devious Mindbreak
Enchantment Reload Fix SE
? Sanguine's Debauchery Patches

Updated: moreHUD, More Informative Console, Enchantment Reload Fix (just added that to the list), Mfg Fix, Encounter Zones Unlocked, CBPC. Devious Devices has a untested hotfix here.

Edit: looks like some of the SKSE version-independent mods are not working. Don't know about Achievements Mod Enabler or Havok Fix yet.

3 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Before I went to bed last night (~17 hours ago) I had the list in the first post up - of course, it only helps if people know to look at it. And it's not like I mentioned I was doing anything there...

But yeah, I'll be tracking mod updates again. Now, once or twice after work tomorrow, then periodically over the weekend. I imagine by Monday we'll be, like, 80% up to date.

True... I just assumed the tracking deal was "your thing," and more of you being awesome ;) But new peeps may not know that, so I hope I didn't come off like an ass, @SafyreStorme lol :(  Only time I intend to get nasty on here is when people flame, moan, and bitch at/about the mod authors (ya know, for being bad and horrible and terrible and evil and all, by giving us free toys to play with lol), which of course wasn't you.

And if I never said thanks for doing this, Tasairis, thank you for doing this for us! 

9 minutes ago, Sevatt said:

True... I just assumed the tracking deal was "your thing," and more of you being awesome ;) But new peeps may not know that, so I hope I didn't come off like an ass, @SafyreStorme lol :(  Only time I intend to get nasty on here is when people flame, moan, and bitch at/about the mod authors (ya know, for being bad and horrible and terrible and evil and all, by giving us free toys to play with lol), which of course wasn't you.

And if I never said thanks for doing this, Tasairis, thank you for doing this for us! 

No offense was taken. Your reply was very helpful! Given the timeframe, it sounds like it probably wasn't there when I had last looked at the first page, but it would also be completely like me to miss the obvious and I understand that it can be very frustrating when people are seeking help for things when the answers are already there.

And I second that; thank you Tasairis for being totally awesome and making our lives easier!

would sexlab need to be updated to work with the new SKSE?

I forget how these things work. been awhile since I last updated. the only mod I know that I have that would need to be updated would be Racemenu, but not every mod that relies on SKSE would need to be updated for the new SKSE right? oh and engine fixes needs to be updated correct?

33 minutes ago, jimmywon34 said:

would sexlab need to be updated to work with the new SKSE?

I forget how these things work. been awhile since I last updated. the only mod I know that I have that would need to be updated would be Racemenu, but not every mod that relies on SKSE would need to be updated for the new SKSE right? oh and engine fixes needs to be updated correct?

Every mod that has a DLL file depending on SKSE needs to be updated. Previously, some mods were designed in a clever way that they didn't necessarily have to update, but this time around it seems that is not the case.

56 minutes ago, tasairis said:

Every mod that has a DLL file depending on SKSE needs to be updated. Previously, some mods were designed in a clever way that they didn't necessarily have to update, but this time around it seems that is not the case.

thanks for the info. think i'll pass on updating, just checked and it looks like sse engine fixes hasn't updated, along with a couple other mods I have dll's for.

9 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

That's a scary lis... Unfortunately I recently reinstalled my SSE and forgot to switch off the autoupdate.

Now there are still 13 mods on this list in the "not updated yet" category. :(

You can downgrade to 1.5.62, even if you haven't installed it previously.

This is probably a "duh" question, but I prefer to check anyway. If I downgrade back to 1.5.62 but have already updated SKSE and a couple of other mods, I assume I will need to also retrieve their older versions, yes? Also, (assuming the answer to the first question is yes) for the updated versions of the mods, would disabling them in my mod manager be enough or would I need to completely uninstall them?

2 hours ago, SafyreStorme said:

This is probably a "duh" question, but I prefer to check anyway. If I downgrade back to 1.5.62 but have already updated SKSE and a couple of other mods, I assume I will need to also retrieve their older versions, yes? Also, (assuming the answer to the first question is yes) for the updated versions of the mods, would disabling them in my mod manager be enough or would I need to completely uninstall them?

Yes, you need to use the older versions of SKSE and the mods too.

I always keep the last version of the mods, so if the new version causes some problems I can easily go back a version, With MO2 it was really easy for me to switch back to the earier versions.

5 hours ago, monsta88 said:

I always keep the last version of the mods, so if the new version causes some problems I can easily go back a version, With MO2 it was really easy for me to switch back to the earier versions.

That. I name my mods with the SSE version in them so I can tell at a glance.