SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Dec 10 #6773) - new update SE 1.6.342
On 2/20/2018 at 12:35 AM, tasairis said:

Update Status (Dec 13, 8am PST)

A new patch version 1.6.342 released December 13th. We're back to square one.

FUCK!

Okay, so Address Library is already updated for 1.6.342, so that should be okay. Just need SKSE... and... y'know. The rest of them.

Edited by dovahnurse
3 hours ago, tasairis said:

Given that SoS AE only updates the DLL, it should be just as compatible with stuff as it was before. But you do still need a new save to use it.

Thanks for the clarification, it makes everything easier. A new save is par for the course when Bethesda changes the game, unfortunately.

You can watch out for and prepare for the next update (as in: make sure your shit is set not to update on launch, rename/remove the manifest, have backups, etc.) by watching the "lightning" code branch listed here: https://steamdb.info/app/489830/depots/?branch=lightning

If you see the "Time Updated" is newer than the public branch, start lubing up your pucker for the next round.

An info how steam messes around in your pc.

As I renamed the app id and have backups in addition to a complete second install in 

a folder named skyrim special edition AE, I deactivated the firewall.

Started steam, message 250gb needed pops up. OK, but there are no 250gb free.

Now it comes. Enabled firewall again and started MO. All mods disabled in this profile. (have backups ;)

Steam reseted the path pointing to my 2nd install named AE and tried to push the scrap in there !

Even with renamed app id.

This messed up the mo profile. All this for your info, how they lurk and sneak around in your system.

On this occasion I also deactivated the nvidia image uploader. After blocking this one, it tried every minute to phone at home.

pages of blocking messages in the firewall report. Solution here is easy, renamed the .exe of this one.

9 minutes ago, AttilaMagyar said:

I just tried it and it didn't work for me  :(

Maybe give the DepotDownloader route a go?  It's annoying if you're not used to the command line, but it works.

Edited by 4nk8r
typo
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Dec 10 #6773) - new update SE 1.6.342, SKSE and AddLib are updated