Followers Won't Dismiss

I was using UFO before and I thought all of them were dismissed but when using EFF I found a few that were still following but they act like they're not following until you talk to them and they have the follower dialogue. I tried ti dismiss them witht eh dialogue option but it didn't work so I tried set playerfollowercount to 0 in the console and that didn't work either. Should I just start a new game or is there a 'fix'?

From what I understand, EFF can cause game instabilities on it's own.  I recommend UFO over EFF (although UFO has it's own issues).

If you have uninstalled UFO, not cleaned your save game and replaced it with EFF you are going to have problems.  If you had followers while switching to EFF or removing UFO then you are going to have problems.

If your follower is a plugin/mod then you can try disabling the follower mod, clean your save, load game, save, quit and re-enable follower plugin.  Your follower will still be in the game but no longer attached to you.

If your follower is vanilla, uninstall EFF, reinstall UFO and try to roll back your game to a save before you made the change to EFF.

Otherwise it's new game time.

Always clean your saved game using a save game cleaner after removing any plugin/mod.

UFO is outdated and have many issues and is considered to be replaced by EFF/IAFT and on top on that you can put FLP.

You should also newer use one savecleaner for changing mods, since the cleaner cant remove all stuff from the save.

@Rafael666 you need to update your self there since you are wrong.

22 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

UFO is outdated and have many issues and is considered to be replaced by EFF/IAFT and on top on that you can put FLP.

You should also newer use one savecleaner for changing mods, since the cleaner cant remove all stuff from the save.

@Rafael666 you need to update your self there since you are wrong.

EFF is newer, they both have issues.  EFF is marked as unstable in the stability thread (sorry I don't have link on hand).  I can verify since I've also had problems attempting to use it.  I'm not going to debate it further in someone else's thread.

1 hour ago, rafael666 said:

EFF is newer, they both have issues.  EFF is marked as unstable in the stability thread (sorry I don't have link on hand).  I can verify since I've also had problems attempting to use it.  I'm not going to debate it further in someone else's thread.

Then you need to read again, it is UFO that is marked as that.

I will give you this link, and it is the same tread as at reddit.

Read.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/523890681422555089/

This is the actual post, I know what I talk about.

[/quote]

Ultimate Follower Overhaul (UFO) - Rating: Six (6)
Last version checked: 1.2j.b15
Replaced by: Extensible Follower Framework (EFF)
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12933/?
UFO's main issue is the underlying matter of some old and messy coding that was done in its early development which is broken to bugging out or breaking if it encounters unforeseen situations. The author was originally working on updating this code and returning the mod to a stable state but the project has since been abandoned.
EFF is more stable and capable to adapting to follower and situations it isn't explicitly compatible with by just ignoring them resulting in an overall more stable set up with it all. Another alternative, an update of another follower mod (AFT), is Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks (IAFT) which is also more stable then UFO, and also far more compatible then both UFO and the original AFT:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71689/?

[/quote]

No, that is not the "actual" post it is "an" actual post and not the one to which I referenced.  Please stop making blanket assumptions.  As I stated, BOTH have issues.  Yes, UFO is old and perhaps badly coded.  It has issues as I have stated, why are you even arguing about things I agree with?  I am not discussing IAFT (is it even involved?).  EFF also is old and has known issues in excess (IMO) of UFO especial where SD is concerned.   Let's work to solve this person's problems you can call me a bad man later.  

• 7 months later...

I run across followers that I cant dismiss with EFF. EFF will have a list of followers that are no longer available or cant be dismissed. Made a batch file called efix:

removefromfaction 5C84E
removefromfaction 5c84c
removefromfaction bd738
addtofaction 5C84E -1
addtofaction 5c84c -1
addtofaction bd738 -1

using the info from the mod site. This doesnt work on all of them.

I have to turn off the plugin, go in game, save, turn it back on, reload and real quick get the ones I want to follow. But it cleans up the ones that dont show and clears the ones you cant dismiss.

Any NPC, it seems, that has a "clean up dead body" script or is marked as "Respawn" in CK seems to have this problem.

for some reason I am not able to leave a comment on the mod site.

If anybody has found a console command or something that works let me know. I think I have tried all of them.

I like the "force dismiss" option that has been recommended.

Archived