Roggvir's DD Items Manager

1 hour ago, zer012121 said:

So for me its not working saying there is a missing .esp file that i don't know how to fix can i plz get help.

You'll need to provide, like, an actual error message at the very least. The information you've presented is really not enough for anyone to begin to help you with.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the change log said he fixed the MO2's issue where it's not reading game data on the top level, but when I try to install the mod manually (the button, not the data folder method), it still says "the content of data does not look valid."  I was wondering if anybody else has this issue, and if there's a way to get it to work with MO2.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:38 AM, muhavaux33 said:
Spoiler

Roggvir in 2019 you made a post about porting/making your own adjustable ballgags mod for SSE in this thread:

what happened to it?

Well, i kept improving it, but i ended up making it a bit too "invasive" when it comes to other mods.
I had to patch SexLab to prevent SL expressions from overriding the expressions set by the gag (if a gag is worn), and DD, and DCL to make the DD/DCL gags use my own script for gag effects, and over time i went a bit too far, making a personal rewrite of DD and DCL, eventually integrating my system fully into them.
Obviously, there is no way i can ever release the modified DD/DCL, and since DD/DCL has been updated recently, it wouldn't even be desirable anyway.

So, i need to decouple my Gag system from the DD/DCL rewrite i made, and adapt it to the new DD/DCL in form of a proper, separate mod.
But before diving into it i wanted to wait for the new DD/DCL to settle a bit more (to wait for a patch or two, etc.).
Unfortunately, while i was waiting, my GPU died and i was unable to procure a replacement.
So, until i get some replacement for the broken GPU, i won't be able to work on it, and seeing how the situation is on the market, it probably won't get resolved any time soon.

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

stuff

i think i badgered kimy into providing enough support that you should be able to do things without rewriting any dd / sexlab stuff fairly easily -- you should be able to refactor that in a reasonably short amount of time. I imagine getting the rest of the mod to a publicly-releasable state may be way more work.

i also want to briefly apologize; we interacted in a thread a long time ago and I think i conveyed more disinterest than I intended. I was hecka interested in checking your stuff out, I just didn't want to volunteer to release anything on any sort of a timetable

27 minutes ago, incrediblysecure said:

i think i badgered kimy into providing enough support that you should be able to do things without rewriting any dd / sexlab stuff fairly easily -- you should be able to refactor that in a reasonably short amount of time. I imagine getting the rest of the mod to a publicly-releasable state may be way more work.

i also want to briefly apologize; we interacted in a thread a long time ago and I think i conveyed more disinterest than I intended. I was hecka interested in checking your stuff out, I just didn't want to volunteer to release anything on any sort of a timetable

Hmm, i think the SexLab patch will be needed no matter what, unless there was some update that allows SL to recognize a worn gag.
I guess i'll have to get Ashal's permission for redistributing modified script, and i presume its not something he'd be too happy about (possibly complicating any SL related bug reports), so we'll see how that goes.

I didn't look at the new DD/DCL versions, so i hope you are right about the easy refactoring - but even if not, the actual changes required are relatively small.
That personal rewrite of DD/DCL was largely just to move all device-related data into JSON (using JContainers) and altering all related functions accordingly to get rid of all those PlaceAtMe commands to cast the placed reference as a script from which DD then gets any required data (getting the data from JSON is much faster, more reliable, and just ...better, it gets rid of a significant amount of code that used to run when manipulating devices, etc.) - i am under the impression that Kimy implemented something like that in the new version of DD/DCL, or am i mistaken? ...no matter, that is not really needed for the gags to work.
And another big change was adding an MCM menu allowing to enable/disable every single device (it is a soft toggle, so if some script asks to equip specific device, it will always work even if you disabled that device in the MCM, but for things like adding random devices, or adding device by type/keyword, it will try to skip the disabled devices unless it would result in no device at all).
Again, not really needed for the gags to work, so that can go away.
So, there won't be any need for refactoring any of these modifications.

The amount of work to adapt the system to the latest DD/DCL will be relatively small, but i can't just rewrite and compile the scripts and hope it will work.
I need to be able to test it before i upload anything, and since i can't even start the game, we'll have to wait for some miracle that grants me a new GPU :)

And you don't need to apologize, its all fine, besides i don't even remember (so i should apologize to you for not remembering :) )

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, LiquidPink said:

My Roggs DD Item Manager doesn't appear in my pipboy even though everything works. I'm at a loss at this point ?

It appears only after you leave Vault 111 and the vicinity of its entrance (the Sanctuary Hills area).
Leave the vault and go downhill to Sanctuary, and you should get it.

And if you are using v1.0.2 and up, it has MCM, so you don't need the inventory item anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

I have v1.03 of this installed via Vortex (NMM), but in game it doesn't work. It appears in MCM, but when I click on it in the MCM it gives me an error message that "Rogg DD Items Manager.esp isn't loaded/installed (I can get a screenshot to show exactly what it says if you like). The thing is, when I open in File Manager via Vortex, Rogg DD Items Manager.esp is right there under the Docs, MCM, and Scripts files. So, not sure what is going on, if it's just Vortex being dumb or me being dumb lol

20 hours ago, ploort said:

I have v1.03 of this installed via Vortex (NMM), but in game it doesn't work. It appears in MCM, but when I click on it in the MCM it gives me an error message that "Rogg DD Items Manager.esp isn't loaded/installed (I can get a screenshot to show exactly what it says if you like). The thing is, when I open in File Manager via Vortex, Rogg DD Items Manager.esp is right there under the Docs, MCM, and Scripts files. So, not sure what is going on, if it's just Vortex being dumb or me being dumb lol

Maybe the plugin doesn't get loaded because you are missing some dependencies.
It requires all DLCs (because DD requires them, and this requires DD, so potato tomato), then Armor Keywords, Torture Devices, and obviously Devious Devices.
(also make sure you have any requirements of those requirements, otherwise those requirements may not load, which subsequently prevents the game from loading this mod too)

• 2 months later...
On 2/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, Roggvir said:

Devious Devices require AWKCR, so unless you remove AWKCR requirement from DD, there is no point.

Which is how I love it - AWKCR needs to be stamped out like the evil bloatware it has become, thanks for a great mod.

Edited by Nuka Cherry
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, bwagdog669680 said:

Question: Have the slave heels been added to the Rogg DD Items Manager Mod. I've looked around for a while now to see if a patch or update has been posted, but with no luck.

Thanks for any help on this.

They have not. This mod was last updated roughly 2.5 years ago. I'm also not aware of any available patch to add them, but keep in mind that the slave heels are not in the current release of DD (2.0), they're only included in the recent release candidate builds attached to DD support forum comments.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

They have not. This mod was last updated roughly 2.5 years ago. I'm also not aware of any available patch to add them, but keep in mind that the slave heels are not in the current release of DD (2.0), they're only included in the recent release candidate builds attached to DD support forum comments.

Yeah, I use the RC8 version. I was just wondering they had been added by someone. Thanks for the heads up.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, R113 said:

Why's mod config saying Missing plugins: 1: Rogg dd items manager.esp? I reinstalled it too. Using Vortex. Help.

In Vortex's plugins view (not the mods view), is that plugin showing up as enabled?

On 8/11/2022 at 10:31 PM, vaultbait said:

In Vortex's plugins view (not the mods view), is that plugin showing up as enabled?

Thanks for replying. Yes, it shows up enabled by default. I looked at the plugin little orange bell and it says that some masters are missing which didn't seem to be mentioned anywhere prior to installing this mod even Vortex didn't notify me about missing masters automatically. I need TortureDevides.esm and ArmorKeywords.esm + all of the DLCs it seems. Aha! So that's the problem. I did get those two mods (without having DLCs yet) and loaded up the game but unfortunately that hasn't seemed of done the trick. I wonder if I just need to get the DLCs to fix this. Are there any users here without those, who have this fully working?

1 hour ago, R113 said:

Thanks for replying. Yes, it shows up enabled by default. I looked at the plugin little orange bell and it says that some masters are missing which didn't seem to be mentioned anywhere prior to installing this mod even Vortex didn't notify me about missing masters automatically. I need TortureDevides.esm and ArmorKeywords.esm + all of the DLCs it seems. Aha! So that's the problem. I did get those two mods (without having DLCs yet) and loaded up the game but unfortunately that hasn't seemed of done the trick. I wonder if I just need to get the DLCs to fix this. Are there any users here without those, who have this fully working?

Vortex, at least if you're running a current version, will pop up a persistent notification in the top-right of the window warning you about missing masters after you deploy. It's possible you're on a very old version of Vortex from before they added that, or that you accidentally silenced the notification without reading it.

Your options are to either install all the masters this mod's plugin has, or use something like FO4Edit to modify the plugin removing some of its masters. The game engine quite literally won't load a plugin if even just one of its masters is not present, that's just how it's designed.

• 6 months later...
33 minutes ago, georgechalkias said:

It says .esp is missing even though it's enabled. Hello, could you fix this, thanks

Hard to guess without more details, but odds are you're missing either Devious Devices.esm or at least one of its masters:

• DLCworkshop02.esm
  • DLCNukaWorld.esm
  • TortureDevices.esm

Note those are the masters for DD RC8, for DD 2.0 the masters are different (including AWKCR), so depends on which version you're using.

Edited by vaultbait