Continual menu locking

Monoman1

Hey,

Problem: Access to the menu is being routinely blocked by some mod. Menus includes inventory, magic, skills, and favorites. I also can not attack or draw my weapons. It occurs every few minutes in my game and can lock out the menu for up to, I'd estimate, nearly 60 seconds at a time.

At the start of my play-through it either wasn't happening or was barely noticeable but it has become rampant. Not being able to freeze the game to chug down a healing potion just before you take a warhammer to the face is utterly infuriating. Not to mention regularly just waiting around until you can access your inventory before you proceed. I've often forgotten why I wanted to access my inventory when eventually I regain access (it takes that long sometimes). Seems like a small thing but it's happening so often now that it's become a serious problem. 

The thing is I'm not even sure where to begin looking. I used to think it was something to do with immersive fashion but after having looked through it's scripts I'm less convinced. IF seems to blocks movement as well which isn't a part of the problem. I can always move freely when it happens. 

Anyone have a similar problem? Need to fix this before I lose my mind. 

If you have mods like apropos  installed for instance this happens. Locks you out completely while the scripts applies things to your character for example so you have something that is causing major script lag. You will have to go through each one to see what is causing it. Disable mods one at a time that constantly have running scripts first 

Just took a quick look at Apropros scripts because I do use it but Game.DisablePlayerControls is called only once but it uses the default parameters which according to the CK wiki is: 

Function DisablePlayerControls(bool abMovement = true, bool abFighting = true, bool abCamSwitch = false, \
  bool abLooking = false, bool abSneaking = false, bool abMenu = true, bool abActivate = true, bool abJournalTabs = false, \
  int aiDisablePOVType = 0) native global

So movement should be disabled when apropros calls it but that doesn't fit with my problem. 

8 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Just took a quick look at Apropros scripts because I do use it but Game.DisablePlayerControls is called only once but it uses the default parameters which according to the CK wiki is: 

Function DisablePlayerControls(bool abMovement = true, bool abFighting = true, bool abCamSwitch = false, \
  bool abLooking = false, bool abSneaking = false, bool abMenu = true, bool abActivate = true, bool abJournalTabs = false, \
  int aiDisablePOVType = 0) native global

So movement should be disabled when apropros calls it but that doesn't fit with my problem. 

Unfortunitely I'm no script buff but it did sound similar to the problem i had. Hope you get it sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I've solved this. 

The problem is something to do with the mod Fade Tattoos or Fade Tattoos interaction with slavetats. Specifically, line 1251 of SlaveTats.psc: 

Game.DisablePlayerControls(false, false, false, false, false, true, false, false, 0)

Commented that out and recompiled and so far I have yet to notice the menu being locked when it shouldn't be. 

I realize there's probably a very good reason for controls to be disabled but at this stage my sanity demands this solution. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

So I think I've solved this. 

The problem is something to do with the mod Fade Tattoos or Fade Tattoos interaction with slavetats. Specifically, line 1251 of SlaveTats.psc: 

Commented that out and recompiled and so far I have yet to notice the menu being locked when it shouldn't be. 

I realize there's probably a very good reason for controls to be disabled but at this stage my sanity demands this solution. 

Actually a big part of the problem is caused by using the new versions of FadeTats and RapeTats and then having dozens of women in an area that all have tattoos on them.  The more tattooed people the longer it takes to adjust them all and the more often you have the "silent" and SLOW "Please wait while Slavetats works on ..." process going with of course your controls disabled.

FadeTats frequently runs through all of the tattooed people and adjusts their tattoos calling Slavetats with it's disable player controls for each one.

I made a patch similar to yours to the script but it only disables and then re-enables player controls when the action is silent.  If you see the "please wait" it still does the disable and enable as before.

Anyone using the patch will have to manually place the .PEX file (the .PSC file is included but not needed unless you make your own changes to the script).

SlaveTatsNoSilentDisable.7z

48 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Actually a big part of the problem is caused by using the new versions of FadeTats and RapeTats and then having dozens of women in an area that all have tattoos on them.  The more tattooed people the longer it takes to adjust them all and the more often you have the "silent" and SLOW "Please wait while Slavetats works on ..." process going with of course your controls disabled.

FadeTats frequently runs through all of the tattooed people and adjusts their tattoos calling Slavetats with it's disable player controls for each one.

I made a patch similar to yours to the script but it only disables and then re-enables player controls when the action is silent.  If you see the "please wait" it still does the disable and enable as before.

Anyone using the patch will have to manually place the .PEX file (the .PSC file is included but not needed unless you make your own changes to the script).

SlaveTatsNoSilentDisable.7z

Good explanation. Also fits with the pattern. I suspect these women do not have to be rendered though, they are still processed regardless, which would account for the blocking 'window' being longer as the game progresses. Even in unpopulated cells. 

Anyway, I'll definitely check out your patch when I can. It's bound to be better than my quick hack. Cheers! 

Archived