How do I customize each individual Bijin character?

Blazeflow

Let's say I want Ysolda to be shaven and young looking with fair skin, while Temba to be unshaven with mature skin, for example.

I know it's possible to replace the textures in Bijin Wives 00 and Bijin Wives 01, but those files affect every character which is not what I want.

Anyone know if this is possible?

From memory, the Bijin mods create two or three bodies that point to different textures and then assign each character to one of them. If you wanted one specific character to have different textures to everyone else you'd have to manually edit the esp, create a new body like those already included, point it to the textures you wanted to use, then assign that to the character.

That's the only way I know of. Certainly possible if you know your way around the Creation Kit or TES5Edit.

1 hour ago, SleepyJim said:

From memory, the Bijin mods create two or three bodies that point to different textures and then assign each character to one of them. If you wanted one specific character to have different textures to everyone else you'd have to manually edit the esp, create a new body like those already included, point it to the textures you wanted to use, then assign that to the character.

That's the only way I know of. Certainly possible if you know your way around the Creation Kit or TES5Edit.

That's what I was afraid to hear. I have no experience with those two tools, but I guess I'll have to get my hands dirty.

Thanks for the help.

On 2/7/2018 at 10:43 AM, Blazeflow said:

Let's say I want Ysolda to be shaven and young looking with fair skin, while Temba to be unshaven with mature skin, for example.

I know it's possible to replace the textures in Bijin Wives 00 and Bijin Wives 01, but those files affect every character which is not what I want.

Anyone know if this is possible?

rxkx22's mods like his Bijin presets are amazing but the mods are insipidly created.  Especially when you look at the texture paths of the NPCs that were edited.  Some have their face textures go in one folder, others have their face textures go in their own individual folder, then half of them have their body textures go in another folder whereas the other half have their body textures go into a second different folder... and finally there's another two or three girls who have their body textures go into a third folder.  This is the epitome of "WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE???" 

Do yourself a favor, save yourself tons of headaches and use TESVEdit to change the hand and body texture paths to your preferred folder location.  I personally change every Bijin Warmaiden girl to have her textures go to her own individual folder.  It's pretty self explanatory once you open the Bijin Warmaidens plugin with TESVEdit.  TESVEdit is a free program.  After the program is finished loading, just click on the textures portion under Bijin Warmaidens, a list of the girls will show up, then you pick a girl and her textures info will appear, right-click on the texture path you want to edit... and select Edit.  Done.  After you're done editing, closing TESVEdit will prompt you to save your work.  Why isn't there a save button in TESVEdit?  Who the fuck knows?  

Obviously you need to manually place the textures you want in the new folder locations because nobody will do this for you.  This magical process will do this amazing thing called:  avoiding stupid neckseam problems that have plagued Skyrim modding since the dawn of time.  Neckseams from custom followers and NPCs are often a result of lazy modding, where the modder placed textures all over the place resulting in mismatching textures.

Picture Below for Reference because I'm feeling fucking generous today:

TESVEdit.thumb.png.f1a1ea06b0fd739e2dee462930a4f686.png

Now, in order to change the head textures you need to do something different.   First, check the NPC's Base ID (Skyrim wiki is your friend) and OPEN the character's corresponding facegeom mesh with Nifskope (location is Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\xxx).  Nifskope is a free progam.  Then follow the steps below:

1.  Click on the face to select it as your target.  The face mesh should then be highlighted with green wires.  If you clicked on the eyebrows and her eyebrows are highlighted with green wires then that means you didn't click on her face, obviously.  It's important to note that brows are different from the face so make sure it's her face you selected and not her brows.
2.  On the left side of Nifskope you will see the proper NiTriShape associated with her face, now simply expand this tab by clicking the arrow here and you should see another tab called BSLightingShaderProperty, expand this also and finally you will see BSShaderTextureSet.  

3.  Finally, click on BSShaderTextureSet and you will see the texture paths for her face appear at the bottom corner of Nifskope.  Edit the fuck away....  Not sorry for the cussing, I'm a veteran. 
Picture Below for Reference because I'm really such a fucking nice guy:

5a7b904893a22_NifskopeFaceEdit.thumb.png.fbacecd95f7b75f6a8051974d031683a.png

Anyway, everyone, don't be shy to ask me any questions about related topics, I'll try my best to answer.  If the instructions were unclear and you get your dick stuck in a blender then cool.

BEFORE.thumb.jpg.b6dd1fc03bfd69c0f394e88c4fd24af7.jpg

I followed your tutorial and it worked (I enjoyed the cussing aswell).

Incase someone else finds this tutorial and is a complete noob like me, then I have some small things to add to help you:

1. If you use Mod Organizer, you have to load TES5Edit and NifSkope through it. Follow this to get TES5Edit to work: http://wiki.step-project.com/TES5Edit

You can skip number 4. Do the same for NifSkope, but use NifSkope 2.0 Pre-Alpha 6 because the latest build doesn't have a 32-bit version, which MO requires.

2. When you are in TES5Edit, you will notice that nothing appears when you click the TorsoTex, you just need to right click the big "View" window to the right and uncheck "Hide No Conflict Rows".
3. Before you do anything in NifSkope, go to options > settings > resources > paths, and let it autodetect your game paths.
Do the same in archives: options > settings > resources > paths, autodetect archives. Mod Organizers virtual directory should now work with NifSkope.

Anyway, I figured that I wanted to customize the body mesh aswell. Skinny UNP for Ysolda and CBBE Curvy for Temba, for example.
Does anyone know how to do that?
Edit: I figured that one out.
Very simple: Launch Bijin Wives in in TES5Edit > expand bijin wives > expand armor addon > click YsoldaTorsoAP > edit female world model to point to the folder of the meshes you wanna use.
Victory!

Archived