CBBE Underarmor Issues

Ejonox

Hello!

I haven't found anything helpful on this issue, so I am making a post, because this really grinds my gears.

Combat armor, leather armor, metal armor, pretty much all chest pieces are exactly the way I made in BodySlide IF they are work over a Vaultsuit, BoS Uniform and other slim fitting/tight underarmors. When, however, the underarmor is anything but tight, i.e. Flannel Shirt and Jeans, Army Fatigues, Undershirt and Jeans etc., then it looks very weird, distorted ever.

Here's an example of the kind of thing I mean. Shown here is a Light Combat Armor Chest Piece on Vaultsuit and Army Fatigues (but the same happens with other tight/regular underarmors and armor items).

So why does this happen and how do I, for lack of better word - fix this?

Thanks in advance.

ScreenShot27.png

ScreenShot28.png

ScreenShot29.png

ScreenShot30.png

12 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

I tend to use Concealed Armors for this very reason.  It doesn't really address your question as to why this occurs, but it solves the problem - if you don't want to see said armors.

Thanks for the reply, but the thing is that I actually WANT to see the armors, but I want to see them displayed correctly. I have next to no knowledge of modeling and model editing, but I can only assume it's something in the outfit (Army Fatigues, in this case) .nif that is causing armor pieces to behave like that. For the life of me I can not even imagine which bone or whatever might be the culprit.

Good call on that @squares.  I hadn't seen it myself, and it wasn't concealed armors covering it up.  It's because I use modified versions of nearly every armor/outfit in the base game - which already had those edits done to them.

@pantyon - If you are interested in fixing that yourself....  You can modify the specific armors using CK or FO4Edit.  Under the Record Header, add the record flag: "No Underamor Scaling" and that will solve it.  The no underarmor scaling mod does that for quite a few of the base game's records - so you may opt to just go with that though. :smile: 

15 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Good call on that @squares.  I hadn't seen it myself, and it wasn't concealed armors covering it up.  It's because I use modified versions of nearly every armor/outfit in the base game - which already had those edits done to them.

@pantyon - If you are interested in fixing that yourself....  You can modify the specific armors using CK or FO4Edit.  Under the Record Header, add the record flag: "No Underamor Scaling" and that will solve it.  The no underarmor scaling mod does that for quite a few of the base game's records - so you may opt to just go with that though. :smile: 

Thanks for the tip, this is perfect! And it is really easy to do, too. Thank you very much!

Archived