Crash (possible load order or missing file) help

modsnstuff2

New to modding and just started downloading things that look cool, were smutty, etc. Fixed Fallout 4 in a day of messing with it but Skyrim as more mods. Plus there is the additional prb of mods being gray in Nexus and not activating. I'll leave screen shots just want quick advice on how to fix or a way to determine prbs in the future (tried LOOT didnt like and TES5Edit seems useful but never showed a prb/maybe misread) TES5 ill post bottom. Sry for the noob issue

Skyrim help TES5.png

Skyrim Nexus.png

46 minutes ago, Assada said:

Where do you crash? Do you have SKSE?

Just after the logo when the dragon icon appears. Ranges from instant to ~10-15 sec when dragon icon comes in. Ya have SKSE. I have the reg version of skyrim as it has more mods. I have the right script extender.

21 minutes ago, Lostdreamer said:

That does sound like a missing master or mod order problem. Have you tried running WryeBash? That's normally pretty good at spotting missing or delinquent masters.

Never even heard of it. tried LOOT and TES5. Uninstalled the 1st. 2nd aint telling me whats wrong but still installed.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

Downloaded the guide and followed the screencaps. I didnt have SLtools but had everything else. SLAL still wont install it appears gray on the nexus manager and doesnt activate when I order it to. A few mods r like this all r gray and none respond when I hit the check

43 minutes ago, modsnstuff2 said:

Never even heard of it. tried LOOT and TES5. Uninstalled the 1st. 2nd aint telling me whats wrong but still installed.

I find Wrye Bash very useful.

Beyond the whole Bash Patch thing that is apparently good practice it's the best tool I have found for catching mod order issues.

Fire it up and look for ticky boxes by the sides of your mods that ain't green. Click on any that are red and fix the errors it shows up.

Then right click on the patch at the bottom and go for 'build patch'. Again, fix any errors it throws up. Feel free to then cancel out of the patch if you don't actually want it.

ETA: Like an idiot, I went looking for the link then forgot to put it in the post.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1840

6 minutes ago, Lostdreamer said:

I find Wrye Bash very useful.

Beyond the whole Bash Patch thing that is apparently good practice it's the best tool I have found for catching mod order issues.

Fire it up and look for ticky boxes by the sides of your mods that ain't green. Click on any that are red and fix the errors it shows up.

Then right click on the patch at the bottom and go for 'build patch'. Again, fix any errors it throws up. Feel free to then cancel out of the patch if you don't actually want it.

I'll try and find a YT vid and c how it works. 

Archived