HDT Breast Physics not working

FF104

I had to reinstall Skyrim a couple weeks ago, and I've been unable to get the physics to work again. The breasts are always static, and when I crouch I get the ol' crushed chest. I've tried over a dozen different install orders, dozens of different fixes or patches, and every single one of them has failed. I have no idea why I can't get it to work. I'm using CBBE and the latest version of XPMSE.

1 hour ago, flutie said:

what was your last install order and what hdt mod do you use. I am no expert, but will try to help. this is what i use https://www.loverslab.com/topic/54417-naturalistic-hdt-and-beast-hdt/?tab=comments#comment-1367453&searchlight=1

Edit sniped by @27X

I've just been trying to use HDT physics extension. I tried a couple BBP mods from Nexus, but I always have the breast problem no matter what. My last install order was to install the prereqs for everything first, then XPMSE, CBBE, HDT, Bodyslide.

3 hours ago, flutie said:

ALWAYS install the skeleton last, groovtama's xpmse should overwrite everything, cbbe does not contain the bones for the bounce, if that does not work, have a look here at monstos guide https://www.loverslab.com/topic/25482-setup-step-by-step-setup-basics-for-hdt-physics-extension/

I tried again, no dice. I've tried following that guide, and a few others I've found posted in various places, but they're dated. They reference BOSS and MO, which have been replaced by LOOT and NMM, so they're not much help.

lels. NMM has exactly replaced nothing and is quite likely the actual source of your issue; secondly there hasn't been a guide for PE OR SMP that has referenced BOSS in literal actual years.

Your issue is either an xml or skeleton issue, period; and if you're using any mod from the nexus other than XPMSE for either flavor of HDT, you are most certainly doing it wrong.

14 minutes ago, 27X said:

lels. NMM has exactly replaced nothing and is quite likely the actual source of your issue; secondly there hasn't been a guide for PE OR SMP that has referenced BOSS in literal actual years.

Your issue is either an xml or skeleton issue, period; and if you're using any mod from the nexus other than XPMSE for either flavor of HDT, you are most certainly doing it wrong.

I've used NMM for quite some time without any prior issues. From what I read on the MO forum, the creator moved on from MO to work on NMM and make it better. Secondly, if you actually look at the post dates for the HDT guide, it's 4 years old and that's the most recent one I've found. The rest go even farther back. The other mods from the Nexus that I was referring to are HDT BBP/TBBP mods to supplement the base extension. I stopped installing them because they didn't seem to be helping to resolve my issue.

when u re-installed xpmse did the Fomod options come up or did it just overwrite? Do you have your SKSE folder set up for the xml's? Is the cbbe mesh you use rigged for HDT? I know you answered the questions probably 100 times, but I do not know your set up

My install order after skse set up

1 unp

2 bodyslide

3 uunp (mesh rig for HDT)

4 bazingas hdt

5 XPMSE (overwrite everything)

6 run LOOT and FNIS

what 27x was referring to is that at times NMM does not install correctly or the mod authors file structure is not set for NMM. Look in your data folder and make sure you have no data folder in your data folder or loose XML files. Everything does point to a skeleton issue somewhere. Look in your SKSE folder to make sure u only have one main HDT xml, having 2 may cancel each other out. 

On 1/28/2018 at 8:50 AM, flutie said:

when u re-installed xpmse did the Fomod options come up or did it just overwrite? Do you have your SKSE folder set up for the xml's? Is the cbbe mesh you use rigged for HDT? I know you answered the questions probably 100 times, but I do not know your set up

My install order after skse set up

1 unp

2 bodyslide

3 uunp (mesh rig for HDT)

4 bazingas hdt

5 XPMSE (overwrite everything)

6 run LOOT and FNIS

what 27x was referring to is that at times NMM does not install correctly or the mod authors file structure is not set for NMM. Look in your data folder and make sure you have no data folder in your data folder or loose XML files. Everything does point to a skeleton issue somewhere. Look in your SKSE folder to make sure u only have one main HDT xml, having 2 may cancel each other out. 

I went ahead and tried MO with that install order, and it worked. Now to figure out why most of the restraints don't show on the body...

2 hours ago, FF104 said:

I went ahead and tried MO with that install order, and it worked. Now to figure out why most of the restraints don't show on the body...

are you are talking about Devious Devices or the vanilla restraints, if its devious devices, i believe there is an DD asset mod needed for the main mod, I do not use it, but i would start there

21 hours ago, flutie said:

are you are talking about Devious Devices or the vanilla restraints, if its devious devices, i believe there is an DD asset mod needed for the main mod, I do not use it, but i would start there

Yeah it's DD. I have all the requirements for everything installed. I've built everything in Bodyslide several times, but several devices don't show on the body, and some things make the body completely invisible.

I can only speak to my experiences, so here goes:

Make sure that nothing is overwriting/conflicting with the slots that the DD items use;

If you adjusted your body size in BodySlide to something far removed from the base form, you can lose items inside the body since they may not conform to extreme shapes;

Check your load order, and check it again.  Try placing the DD mods after other apparel/armor mods;

Check the comments for on the DD pages since someone else may have already resolved your issue.

Edit: and this might sound silly, but ensure that you chose the right body in BodySlide. 

I hope I was helpful.  Good luck!

Archived