Hitomi Mod Problems

SmallSantuary

Hello everyone,

I'm new to modding DOA5LR, but I've been following a few guides on how to use Autolink for the brunt of it. So far, the few characters I've modded have given me no major problems (Nyotengu, Mai). However, any mods I try to apply to Hitomi result in her default hair model persisting on the modded character.

I noticed that someone else had this problem back in November, but the topic seemed open-and-shut for the user and I didn't want to necro the thread. Apologies if I'm going about this the wrong way.

I've attached two files: The first being the files in their original state from the downloaded mod. The second is a screenshot of the mod being applied with the original hair still being present.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time.

hitomi cia mod layout.png

2018-01-27 02_18_51-DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Ver.1.10C AutoLink 19_23.png

As for the face, you need a file called xxxxxxx.HAIR.TMC / xxxxxxx.HAIR.TMCL , in this case using an invisible file is recommended.

I've made an invisible pack : https://lgmods.deviantart.com/art/DOA5LR-FULL-INVISIBLE-PACK-FULL-CAST-681646318

Take any HAIR.TMC / TMCL files from the pack and rename it with the same name as your CIA mod with the extension .HAIR.TMC / .HAIR.TMCL and added them to your CIA folder.

18 minutes ago, LGMODS said:

As for the face, you need a file called xxxxxxx.HAIR.TMC / xxxxxxx.HAIR.TMCL , in this case using an invisible file is recommended.

I've made an invisible pack : https://lgmods.deviantart.com/art/DOA5LR-FULL-INVISIBLE-PACK-FULL-CAST-681646318

Take any HAIR.TMC / TMCL files from the pack and rename it with the same name as your CIA mod with the extension .HAIR.TMC / .HAIR.TMCL and added them to your CIA folder.

Yeah, this specific CIA mod has problems with hair. Normally it happens from time to time - especially when hair is attached to the body file - not separated as real hair. This mod was built this way - I checked it trying to fit it for another characters than those mentioned by the creator. If you drop the hair as normal hair file and add it to your outfit, then the basic hair disappears itself. That's how it works with all the models - hair attached to body - you need an empty hair file that ASSura kindly provided :-)

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.01.2018 at 2:47 PM, sphiratrioth666 said:

Yeah, this specific CIA mod has problems with hair. Normally it happens from time to time - especially when hair is attached to the body file - not separated as real hair. This mod was built this way - I checked it trying to fit it for another characters than those mentioned by the creator. If you drop the hair as normal hair file and add it to your outfit, then the basic hair disappears itself. That's how it works with all the models - hair attached to body - you need an empty hair file that ASSura kindly provided :-)

Can I change hairstyle if it is attached to the body?
Does the autolink have any function for this?

It depends. Usually hair isn't attached to the body - in many mods it strangely is and in vanilla game - hmm.... mostly for Hayabusa, maybe someone else. Normally you transfer the hair without problems - relatively. If it is attached, you need to extract them, mod objects, remove and add things, convert them to hair etc. Normal but full meaning modding.

17 hours ago, sphiratrioth666 said:

It depends. I don't understand but hair isn't attached to body in most cases - in many mods it is and in vanilla game - hmm.... mostly for Hayabusa, maybe someone else. Nromally you transfer hair without problems - relatively. If it is attached, you need to extract them, mod objects, remove and add things, convert them to hair etc. Normal but full meaning modding.

Can this be done using the program LR Photostudio or should I have something else?

All the apps needed for editting meshes, textures, converting and compiling. There're whole packs for this game, check on forums - not only this one. DoA 5 really has the most powerful and amazing tools for modders created by community. I was totally shocked when I started downloading mods and then modding things myself. It's just too much to explain in a single message under this topic. There're already topics for that - very well maintained - with all those tools.

13 hours ago, sphiratrioth666 said:

All the apps needed for editting meshes, textures, converting and compiling. There're whole packs for this game, check on forums - not only this one. DoA 5 really has the most powerful and amazing tools for modders created by community. I was totally shocked when I started downloading mods and then modding things myself. It's just too much to explain in a single message under this topic. There're already topics for that - very well maintained - with all those tools.

Yes, I have already found many useful tools, but the appointment of some of them is still unknown to me. Nothing, I'll figure it out.

17 hours ago, Melissava said:

You can use an ampty file(new text document for example) with name "NAME.HAIR.EMPTYALL" to disable double hairs when using autolink

This is interesting information. Should I put the "@" symbol at the beginning? I can not verify it, because I have not had such problems yet.

Archived