Quick Question About a Texture Fix

Kaitol

So aMidianBorn's great Thalmor elven armor from the book of silence has a problem in that the female 1st person gauntlets display the regular golden elven texture, despite the changelog for 1.9 saying it corrected that. Is there a quick way to fix this? I don't know a whole lot about modding but if its a simple CK change or something I can probably manage it.

Asking because my light armor character happened across some dead thalmor and got an entire set right off the bat so I'll probably be using it for a good while, and my immersive camera lets me look down and see my black gauntlets, until I pull out a weapon or spell and they suddenly turn gold.

Any advice is appreciated.

You're right. The first person female gauntlets don't have their texture set assigned to them. If you're using TES5Edit, go to armour addons and the first one should be the thalmor elven gloves. Scroll down to Female 1st Person and right-click alternate textures and add the texture set. Form ID should be the same as the others: 03000D62

If you're adamant on using the Creation Kit, head to Armor Addon, find 'ElvenGlovesAAThalmor_AMB' and give the female 1st a texture set. It should be named 'Elven_Thalmor_Gauntlets_AMB'

If you have any trouble, lmk.

Alternatively, I can make the edit and send you the fixed esp, if you'd prefer.

9 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Open the first person nifs for the gauntlets and change them to the correct texture file.

The content addon uses vanilla nifs, so this is a bad idea.

56 minutes ago, Artsick said:

You're right. The first person female gauntlets don't have their texture set assigned to them. If you're using TES5Edit, go to armour addons and the first one should be the thalmor elven gloves. Scroll down to Female 1st Person and right-click alternate textures and add the texture set. Form ID should be the same as the others: 03000D62

If you're adamant on using the Creation Kit, head to Armor Addon, find 'ElvenGlovesAAThalmor_AMB' and give the female 1st a texture set. It should be named 'Elven_Thalmor_Gauntlets_AMB'

If you have any trouble, lmk.

Alternatively, I can make the edit and send you the fixed esp, if you'd prefer.

Tried editing it with TES5Edit, I mostly just tried duplicating the male 1st entry like this: thalmor1.png

But it doesn't affect anything in game... I do have a compatibility patch with requiem but it doesn't seem to touch the armor addons part at all...

Sorry about that, I should've double checked. I've played around and tried a few things and still wasn't able to get it to work but after looking through a few threads, I've found this. Supposedly, it's impossible. You've got two options then:

1. Just remove the Female 1st Person section completely. This will cause the game to default to the male first person model which might look a little strange.
  2. Extract the female first person meshes from Skyrim's bsa and add it into a custom folder of your choice in the aMidianBorn Content Addon folders. Open the meshes in nifskope, redirect their textures to the locations of the thalmor textures and finally, open TES5Edit and redirect the female first person mesh to where your new redirected ones are.

I opted to just delete it, since it seemed the thalmor gauntlets were already using the same model for both genders anyway, worked fine.

Drat it Bethesda, I hope you're making a new engine for the next game and you actually got people who know what they're doing for it.

Archived