Devious Devices : Please take relation into account

I play with Skyrim and loverslab mods since a while. I recently started a new game and decided to use the latest version of the devious devices mods.

Before I explain my problem with these new version I want to say that I know that devious devices are punishing devices,I also know that nobody force me to play with them.

What I want to emphasize is that with new versions, the devious devices are far more punitives, and it's harder to get rid of them, especially since the former MCM menu is gone (before you could define with numbers how hard it was to unlock them, and how much attempts you could do, and how much times between attempts). The dev team decided to make escape more difficult. I would not complain with that if they had left us an escape way from friends.

I explain : When you are stuck in an armbinder or yoke, or something else, now your real hope is to find someone who helps you. So you go to your friend, or lover, and ... problem ... in spite he/she is your lover/admirer/best friend he/she decide not to help you, and if he/she is in a bad mood he/she rapes you and/or adds more devices.

So I would like to see that with harder to escape devices, we could count on our friends. Actually it's only random, your best friend may rape you, while a moron like belethor may help you. PLEASE, MAKE RELATION COUNT : your lover/friend should help you, that would allow you to know where to go for help, when actually it's just random.

Seconded.

Perhaps also take Morality into account, not only relationship? SexLab Defeat is a good example of having NPC actions make sense.

As well as making blacksmiths the go-to people for brute-force removal of devices, for a price, unless they are a friend of yours. Unless it's already so. I haven't played that much to know all the details. But "Death Alternative - Captured" does it. (By the way, I consider it a good example for any mods dealing with player enslavement. Its scenarios are rather basic, but truly diverse and keeping things lore-friendly.)

Dialogue for more devices would also be handy. As I just wrote here today, I didn't get any dialogue while equipped with 3 different devices. Getting help from someone should always be an option.

This is not really the right place for this thread. It would be better in a DD framework thread (either support or beta), or in the feature request forum.

As far as I can see, it is taken into account (you can check it out yourself by going through the player dialogue in zadQuest). It is a very easy speech check for your spouse and an easy speech check for your followers and friends for them to free you - a fail would make them have sex with you.

Of course, that also means making it so they always free you is just a patch away. Making such a patch is fairly trivial (changing some conditions around in the quest).

Good luck !

15 minutes ago, DexesTTP said:

This is not really the right place for this thread. It would be better in a DD framework thread (either support or beta), or in the feature request forum.

As far as I can see, it is taken into account (you can check it out yourself by going through the player dialogue in zadQuest). It is a very easy speech check for your spouse and an easy speech check for your followers and friends for them to free you - a fail would make them have sex with you.

Of course, that also means making it so they always free you is just a patch away. Making such a patch is fairly trivial (changing some conditions around in the quest).

Good luck !

DD4 does not use those anymore, in fact, it doesn't include any dialogue for removal at all. I seem to recall it was removed because the devs decided that enough content mods had those options. I know cursed loot* and captured dreams has such an option. And I also think shout like a virgin and SD+ may have similar options, though I haven't tried those personally.

But anyway, I do agree with @DexesTTP, that this is not the correct section for this thread. Maybe @CPU or @Ashal (or one of the other mods that I can't remember right now) could find somewhere better to put this thread?

It would probably be better to take this up with the mod in question, or even look into making your own if those listed are too feature filled for your taste.

* That's probably the one OP is referring to

Archived