Is it okay to delete WETriggers (Wilderness Encounter Trigger)??

allsunday

There's this annoying place in front of my player home in Skyrim where whenever I step outside it spawns hostile monsters, or M'aiq the Liar, or the madwoman, or Vigilants of Stendarr fighting vampires, or bandits looting Imperial corpses, or mages engaging in a magic fight, or an orc looking to die, or hunters hunting elk.  They're annoying!  "Get off mah property, you damned kids!!!"

I want to delete it using the Creation Kit but it says that deleting it might cause some quests to fail but I'm wondering if this is actually true or it just says this but it's actually not important because there are tons and tons of Wilderness Encounter Triggers all over Skyrim anyway.  Deleting just one shouldn't matter, right?

WETrigger.png

10 hours ago, SirDuke said:

If you delete the "purple square" in the world window only, there should be no problem.

So far it's working fine. I left my castle and encountered no random event triggered and then I did some quests and came back and still no random triggers.  Game actually loads more smoothly every time I exit into the Skyrim exterior cell.  

I wish this simple info wasn't so impossible to find.  

rename skyrim.esm to skyrim2.esm

load it in tesedit

and go to the deleted thing id in skyrim2.esm

if you click on iron armor in skyrim.esm, at the bottom, on the right, you can see it referenced by mod x that give iron armor to one of its npc, mod y that put iron armor in the outfit of a npc, mod z....

but you don't see skyrim.esm leveled lists that have iron armor in them, skyrim.esm npc that wear iron armor...

and that suck

that problem disappear by renaming skyrim.esm to something

and you should check if there's something that load the deleted stuff

because if there's something, you didn't delete it

and that can become a problem later

4 hours ago, yatol said:

rename skyrim.esm to skyrim2.esm

load it in tesedit

and go to the deleted thing id in skyrim2.esm

if you click on iron armor in skyrim.esm, at the bottom, on the right, you can see it referenced by mod x that give iron armor to one of its npc, mod y that put iron armor in the outfit of a npc, mod z....

but you don't see skyrim.esm leveled lists that have iron armor in them, skyrim.esm npc that wear iron armor...

and that suck

that problem disappear by renaming skyrim.esm to something

and you should check if there's something that load the deleted stuff

because if there's something, you didn't delete it

and that can become a problem later

Okay... I've read this three times over now and I'm just going to smile and go get some breakfast.  Thank you.

Archived