event modifier icon

joemann

I would like to add an opinion modifier to a character in the option to an event. I can do this (the modifier appears in the tool tip)  but I cannot get the icon to appear. I think the reason is that it can not find the icon. I don't know in which directory to place it. the traits folder does not seem to be the right place. I noticed that in the DWR mod the icons for these modifiers are identified with a number for example: icon = 39. However, I can't find the place these icons are stored.

As an alternative I have created a corresponding trait, which works but since I would like the effect to disappear over time this is not ideal.

Does anybody have the answer?

Event modifiers icons are all together in an icon strip; you are meant to add an icon= X with Xbeing the podition of the intended icon in the strip. Because of that, adding new event modifiers is really a bad idea for mod compatibility, and you also need to modify a .gfx file.

Beter add a trait and at the same time send a silent event to remove the trait, with the delay you intend for the trait/modifier to stay.

Put it in the same event when it adds the trait.  But set the hidden event to not execute till 90days, 180days or whatever time period you would want the trait to last for.  Then have the hidden event remove the trait.  So things get placed and set into motion to be removed at the same time.

Archived