Hired Thugs just standing there, MENACINGLY

AriaWhite

1 hour ago, AriaWhite said:

Hired Thugs stand around in Markarth eating bread and being generally pleasant. They refuse to teach me a lesson! Any way to fix them? I already tried killing them once already

I'm guessing an NPC hired thugs to kill you but they're not doing anything?  Have you tried console commands to disable and enable them? 

Have you tried the console command "recycleactor"? 

Have you tried loading a previous save BEFORE the thugs showed up?

Have you tried loading a previous save from BEFORE you entered that area in Markarth? 

Have you tried loading a save BEFORE you even entered Markarth?
Were you installing or uninstalling mods during play?  And if so, do you still have a save game before you did all of this?  Use that save game to test.

2 hours ago, allsunday said:

I'm guessing an NPC hired thugs to kill you but they're not doing anything?  Have you tried console commands to disable and enable them? 

Have you tried the console command "recycleactor"? 

Have you tried loading a previous save BEFORE the thugs showed up?

Have you tried loading a previous save from BEFORE you entered that area in Markarth? 

Have you tried loading a save BEFORE you even entered Markarth?
Were you installing or uninstalling mods during play?  And if so, do you still have a save game before you did all of this?  Use that save game to test.

In Order

-Yes -Yes

-Yes (To no avail)

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes

-No, Too far back since I last encountered them. I regularly clean my save folder.

Go into first person.

Go up to the Thug

Open up the Console and click on the Thug to get the ID.

Cross reference the ID with the Mod it comes from.

Once you have all of that go to the mod in question and ask for help there.

Example: If you have Captured Dreams installed and are doing a delivery, that mod will send thugs to steal the delivery... sometimes it would bug out if you have a large amount of scripts running at one time, which would cause the thugs to not attack or talk to you when they are suppose to.

To resolve that you should go try and talk to the thug leader (usually wearing nordic carved armor) then it may kick off that part of the quest.

The other option is to kill all the thugs and then check there inventory and look for a note...

Archived