Help with TexBlend and Mod Organizer

MyNameIsnt

Let me preface this by saying that yes, I have put several hours into researching this on my own.

After reading what vague documentation I have found on TexBlend (seriously, I must be missing something because everyone seems to have it all figured out), I have the basic concept of it. It takes textures that are in your data folder and allows you to blend other textures into them in order to fix neck seams, etc.

However, since mods installed with Mod Organizer do not impact the Data folder the way mods installed with NMM do, there's really not any way for TexBlend to determine what it's supposed to be getting. After backing up my textures folder, I tried my hand at figuring it out myself.

Cue completely black face; obviously I did something wrong.

So after reverting my textures and doing a little more research, I've come to the frustrating realization that I'm missing some key information here. Where does TexBlend grab the textures from in Mod Organizer? Am I supposed to be putting textures in the Data folder for TexBlend to blend, and then copying them over the mod in Mod Organizer? Where do I even get the images/spec maps for this to begin with? Is that what the textures like femalehead.dds are?

I think I need someone to break this down Barney style for me because as it stands right now, I'm on the right track but on the wrong train.

are you starting TexBlend from inside Mod Organiser?

I have never used TexBlend, so I am just guessing, but to use the data folder Mod Organiser creates, for anything, the creation kit, bodyslide, TES5edit ... anything, Mod Organiser has to be running. Do you know how to add an executable to MO? I presume you do. (just in case, hit the gear icon near the top left, add the TexBlend.exe to the Binary path, give it a name, then select it in the drop down (top right where skse is) and press play).

Otherwise .... mb someone else has used Texblend and can help?

4 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

are you starting TexBlend from inside Mod Organiser?

I have never used TexBlend, so I am just guessing, but to use the data folder Mod Organiser creates, for anything, the creation kit, bodyslide, TES5edit ... anything, Mod Organiser has to be running. Do you know how to add an executable to MO? I presume you do. (just in case, hit the gear icon near the top left, add the TexBlend.exe to the Binary path, give it a name, then select it in the drop down (top right where skse is) and press play).

Otherwise .... mb someone else has used Texblend and can help?

Yes, I've added TexBlend as an executable from MO.

Archived