Showtime performance and Relativity

landess

Hey all, wanted to pick some brains concerning the use of Nraas relativity and Showtime careers.

I've all the EP's, no stuff packs. I want Showtime to offer more than extra 'CC' by using the professions. I've noticed an issue, and doing a search here, google, Nraas, reveals nothing.

Nraas Relativity set to 9: When ever my active sim attempts a profession offered by the Showtime expansion, everything works fine except - performing for tips, or a show. Whether it be Singer, Magician, or Acrobat, the performance will simply pause. The timing on sound/animation pauses, and back to the performance is between 2/3 on, 1/3 off to 50/50. Things like music notes from the speaker continue in silence.

I understand Relativity will force the performances to run longer than originally planned, but performing for tips and the paid performances can run multiple songs, tricks, or stunts during a single performance. Karaoke works fine, the song plays till complete. Tips and Gigs, don't though, as the event simply freezes for several seconds, and then resumes. It hurts my ability to use these in game play since at the moment, it is more than distracting and it reminds me of a system struggling to run something by constant buffering. I know this isn't the case since life around the performing Sim and the spectators goes on as usual.

I know I could just change Relativity back to regular intervals/default during a performance, but the performing for tips is spur of the moment most times, and running back and forth to the City building spamming relativity change is something I'd like to avoid.

I tried setting relative skills to false but this didn't change the on/off cycle of the animations and accompanying music.

Any thoughts, explanations, or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Justin Beaver is waiting on me to get his shit straight. Thanks!

Archived