You guys ever make your own Magic: The Gathering cards?

Kamen Rider Kuuga

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm terrible with technical descriptions so I'm just going to walk through how it works in an example.

Player 1, M'aiq's owner, pops his effect.

Players 1 and 2 name a card each. Player 1 named Cancel, player 2 names Lightning Bolt.

Player 1 has Cancel and Lightning Bolt in his deck. Player 2 has Lightning Bolt.

Player 1 reveals Cancel and Lightning Bolt and places both in his hand. Player 2 reveals Lightning Bolt, places it in his hand, and gains 3 life because he did not have Cancel.

I realize the wording is piss-poor, and the life gain is probably a little weak for the cost, but the flavor of the effect was along the lines of, you can either "tell the truth" by naming a card you want in your hand, or you can "lie" and get at least that 3 life. But lying and telling the truth both benefit the opponent as easily as you.

Basically the entire effect was based on this quote: "M'aiq knows much [everyone draws], tells some [opponent draws]. M'aiq knows many things others do not [card name/life gain]."

Archived