Riften/Dawnstar Guards attack for no reason.

Alright, hello again! It seems like I have become quite a frequent poster, but I have run into another problem (nothing body related this time! : D) 

So, I am currently playing as a level 35 illusion thief build, I did the Thieves Guild Quests, as well getting the thieves guild armor and doing Under New Management, and I recently began the Dark Brotherhood, which I am at where I have collected payment for killing the Emperor and I headed straight to Riften, where to my confusion, guards suddenly began attacking me and I thought it was some kind of Civil War overhaul spy.

Much to my surprise, all the guards just were hostile and the NPCs attacking me, I am thane in the Riften hold, yielding, calming them or using console commands paying off bounty, or getting a bounty and paying it off DOES NOT make the guards unhostile, same problem inside of Dawnstar, but nowhere else I have this problem. Calm spells on them only yield normal interaction with guard if you spoke to them.

Please take note, this has NEVER happened before, and after searching around, making sure I had NO bounties whatsoever, removing all my stolen items(had none! :D), the guards still attacked.

I thank you humbly for wasting time on reading and helping me with this, the save isn't broken, just rather annoying...

Load Order

Modlist

I've never had EVERYONE come after me like that, but I've had situations where suddenly some generic Hunter got their knickers in a twist and thought I was evil that needed to be destroyed.  Like you, I had no bounties, etc.  Hell, I hadn't even stolen a sweet roll at that point, they just hated my guts.  I waited in game for 24 hrs (away from the Hunter of course), then re-approached the Hunter and suddenly she was my best friend (well, she didn't try to kill me anymore).  I've had that happen a couples of time randomly with various playthroughs.  Try that:  go to a location away from Danwstart/Riften (an empty interior cell like a cave), wait 24hrs, then try approaching Riften/Dawnstar again.

43 minutes ago, srayesmanll said:

I've never had EVERYONE come after me like that, but I've had situations where suddenly some generic Hunter got their knickers in a twist and thought I was evil that needed to be destroyed.  Like you, I had no bounties, etc.  Hell, I hadn't even stolen a sweet roll at that point, they just hated my guts.  I waited in game for 24 hrs (away from the Hunter of course), then re-approached the Hunter and suddenly she was my best friend (well, she didn't try to kill me anymore).  I've had that happen a couples of time randomly with various playthroughs.  Try that:  go to a location away from Danwstart/Riften (an empty interior cell like a cave), wait 24hrs, then try approaching Riften/Dawnstar again.

Ah, well, I have already killed every hostile NPC in Riften, which includes Harrod the noble guy who slays walls, thanks for the tip.

It was only the guards that came after me, the normal NPCs just fled from me, as if hit by frightening spell.

Sounds more like that you had some magic affect applied, similar to stage 4 vampirism or some magic affect that does something similar.  Maybe some affect that didn't get removed properly (although it should make the other hold guards attack as well).  If I remember correctly, AS-LAL adds some shrines in the Kynarreth (sp) Temple in Whiterun that will remove spell effects, so you might try that.  Otherwise, nothing in your load order seems to stand out.

3 hours ago, srayesmanll said:

Sounds more like that you had some magic affect applied, similar to stage 4 vampirism or some magic affect that does something similar.  Maybe some affect that didn't get removed properly (although it should make the other hold guards attack as well).  If I remember correctly, AS-LAL adds some shrines in the Kynarreth (sp) Temple in Whiterun that will remove spell effects, so you might try that.  Otherwise, nothing in your load order seems to stand out.

Ah, I thank you for the advise and taking your time to reply, I shall figure this out; could also just kill all the Guards anyhow.

Archived