Bodyslide preset for my character

TheAxase

Hello,

I already made some research about my problem but I don't find something that can help me. Is it possible to use a bodyslide preset but only for my character ?

I would like to have a preset for my female character and a different preset for the female npc.

I read that I need to use a custom race or something like that. Is there any other way to do it ?

If not, how can I create or find a custom race in order to apply my bodyslide preset ?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I find this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12631?tab=files

But I don't understand if it will allow me to load a preset (.xml file).

I see that I can modify all the slider one by one but I'm not sure that it will give me the same result..

Yep Unique Player is the way to go.  I mainly use it for the custom textures vs a completely different body shape.  I find that changing too much from the base shape you're using for most NPCs results in clothing not fitting either you or the NPCs properly (whichever you didn't use as your BodySlide batch build template).  In the case of player only clothing/armors though - works like a charm.

There is also Unique Followers - which does the same thing as players, only for the game's companions.  They can all have customized body meshes and textures.

On 05/01/2018 at 3:31 AM, AWP3RATOR said:

Yep Unique Player is the way to go.  I mainly use it for the custom textures vs a completely different body shape.  I find that changing too much from the base shape you're using for most NPCs results in clothing not fitting either you or the NPCs properly (whichever you didn't use as your BodySlide batch build template).  In the case of player only clothing/armors though - works like a charm.

There is also Unique Followers - which does the same thing as players, only for the game's companions.  They can all have customized body meshes and textures.

Thanks ! Is there a way to have unique clothes shape too ? Is it with the same mod ?

This is not as simple, but there is a new mod called Diverse Bodies which aims to do just this.  If using just the mesh itself, by itself, you would have used to require a different mesh for each NPC you wanted to customize, and a mod to point to that custom outfit mesh for that npc - the amount of edits required are staggering.  Not the case now that Diverse Bodies is doing this from within the game itself.

What Diverse Bodies does is hook in to the BodySlide and Looksmenu morphs feature.  DB morphs npcs near the player (and also the player if enabled) based on their S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats - aiming for pleasing results.  This allows you to use a single base body shape as a starting point, then all morphs are built from there.  (weight, bigger breasts, smaller waist, larger butt, etc. or the opposites and so on).  This is all done in-game via a script that runs and adjusts npcs in your general vicinity.  The changes are "permanent" meaning once an NPC has been morphed, they will not morph again - unless the player either resets them or alters them with the DB mod.

This will result in npcs looking different and the clothes/armors fitting properly.  It's based on your BodySlide files - so will generally work with any vanilla or custom assets you've added to game, so long as they have BodySlide compatibility.  It also works with any body you have. be it CBBE standard, Atomic Beauty, Jane Bod, etc. - again, it's all based on what bodyslide files you have and looksmenu morphs.

In my experience using it - it works very well - but is not perfect.  For example, I have a mod that changes Strong to a human female using an amazonian type Atomic Beauty body.  Because Strong was never designed to be a human or female - His S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats produce very humorous results with DB.  There is a manual adjustment option though, so you can tweak any NPC in game that you prefer.

1. BodySlide your bodies and outfits as per how you would normally with a base body preset of your choosing - make sure you have ticked the "Build Morphs" box when you do this.

2. Enter the game and play - when you enter an area, the npcs in it will be scanned and morphed - you should periodically receive status messages about how many npcs have been altered.

This runs in the background and hasn't affected performance on my game in the least - though it can take anywhere from 1 minute to around 10 min to morph all NPCs in a place like Diamond City - which has many npcs scattered around it.

Archived