[mod] [Stellaris] Sexual gameplay

5 minutes ago, Sybian said:

Pink is good tho, it lets me quickly check to see which are which. So I'd keep them or do maybe a purple kind, but don't make them the same the vanilla game for sure please!

I'll be keeping them pink its just the slight gradient isn't consistent since the vanilla icons are solid

@theman221

I did make a somewhat more balanced version of the original traits, as well as some negative traits and a few extra edicts to go with them for people to try out. Mostly started just as a list of suggestions, but it kind of snowballed from there. Though so far it sounds like it's fairly balanced for vanilla gameplay for the most part. So if you want to use those as a base for vanilla balance they should be a good comparison.

I also did a bit of rewording to a few of the trait names and summaries at the time too. A mix of both gender neutrality and gender clarification for respective traits as well as some minor theme adjustments. Of course I didn't look into doing any balance on the need to breed addon since I didn't want to go fiddling around with events without more knowledge of how they work (though I did tweak the base species trait). With how powerful the event sounds I suppose a second addon with a "toned back" variant of the event may be something to consider.

The last file I posted with the tweaks was on page 6 and contains the trait icons mk40 made as well as german translations from Abominus if you want to browse through them.

49 minutes ago, Raana said:

@theman221

I did make a somewhat more balanced version of the original traits, as well as some negative traits and a few extra edicts to go with them for people to try out. Mostly started just as a list of suggestions, but it kind of snowballed from there. Though so far it sounds like it's fairly balanced for vanilla gameplay for the most part. So if you want to use those as a base for vanilla balance they should be a good comparison.

I also did a bit of rewording to a few of the trait names and summaries at the time too. A mix of both gender neutrality and gender clarification for respective traits as well as some minor theme adjustments. Of course I didn't look into doing any balance on the need to breed addon since I didn't want to go fiddling around with events without more knowledge of how they work (though I did tweak the base species trait). With how powerful the event sounds I suppose a second addon with a "toned back" variant of the event may be something to consider.

The last file I posted with the tweaks was on page 6 and contains the trait icons mk40 made as well as german translations from Abominus if you want to browse through them.

Awesome! I hope you don't mind if I steal some of the icons for the next version :smile: I will credit you for sure. Great work, I won't change the balancing yet but I will just add some of the traits, edicts and possibly civics I wanted first.

1 hour ago, theman221 said:

Awesome! I hope you don't mind if I steal some of the icons for the next version :smile: I will credit you for sure. Great work, I won't change the balancing yet but I will just add some of the traits, edicts and possibly civics I wanted first.

mk40 actually did the icons, I just did the trait edits, additions and edict changes, and Abominus did the german translations.

If you'd like some heart-shaped icon bases I did leave a vector file in the modding discussion topic if you're interested.

I'll probably keep an eye out for those civics too. Mostly in case there's overlap with the civics I'm working on for a mod of my own with some government and personality tie ins.

18 minutes ago, Raana said:

mk40 actually did the icons, I just did the trait edits, additions and edict changes, and Abominus did the german translations.

If you'd like some heart-shaped icon bases I did leave a vector file in the modding discussion topic if you're interested.

I'll probably keep an eye out for those civics too. Mostly in case there's overlap with the civics I'm working on for a mod of my own with some government and personality tie ins.

Oooooh awesome I actually really wanted a mod that would change the diplomatic options based on your civics/species traits! that would be cool I'm looking forward to your mod!

1 hour ago, theman221 said:

Oooooh awesome I actually really wanted a mod that would change the diplomatic options based on your civics/species traits! that would be cool I'm looking forward to your mod!

It's kind of funny actually. The original main feature I had planned has been kind of sidelined because I kept brainstorming other, more easily added, additions that I felt would expand some of the diplomatic moods.

It started with basic species traits based around varying degrees of nudity inspired by the rather exposed profiles of the sexy xenos mod. Now I've started working on empire-wide civic variants between openly sexual and obsessively inhibiting mindsets. The latter of which will be rather hostile towards any species with any of the sexually active traits across all the mods. If I can figure out purge mechanics for hive minds and a way to make custom machine empires without breaking things I want to do civics for them too.

All of which will flag the empires using them with custom governments and AI behavior personalities.

I'm also putting together a set of prescripted empires for an optional add on using the traits added by all the mods and the sexy xenos profiles. So peoples' galaxies can be filled with alluring, disturbing and stuck up empires to interact with.

2 hours ago, ParadoxalObserver said:

My thoughts on overpowered traits/civics/etc is that seeing as Stellaris is a strategy game I personally don't get the rise people get out of having to avoid any of said strategy.

Well both the player and the a.i. get these overpowered traits so it in theory should balance itself, again balancing is still going to be worked on, I will likely include 2 versions in one zip file one with less extreme perks and the other with my own preference of settings.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:52 PM, Abominus said:

Lovely!

Well good news I got it to work!!! So right now a species with a given perk whos on a planet with more then one species will receive a big boost in growth speed and I will make it so that if there are no other species the pop will no longer grow :smile: Took a really long time to get working but it works!!!

On 2/7/2018 at 2:51 AM, Raana said:

It's kind of funny actually. The original main feature I had planned has been kind of sidelined because I kept brainstorming other, more easily added, additions that I felt would expand some of the diplomatic moods.

It started with basic species traits based around varying degrees of nudity inspired by the rather exposed profiles of the sexy xenos mod. Now I've started working on empire-wide civic variants between openly sexual and obsessively inhibiting mindsets. The latter of which will be rather hostile towards any species with any of the sexually active traits across all the mods. If I can figure out purge mechanics for hive minds and a way to make custom machine empires without breaking things I want to do civics for them too.

All of which will flag the empires using them with custom governments and AI behavior personalities.

I'm also putting together a set of prescripted empires for an optional add on using the traits added by all the mods and the sexy xenos profiles. So peoples' galaxies can be filled with alluring, disturbing and stuck up empires to interact with.

I think I will wait for you to make your civic mods I don't want to get into your mods territory too much since it seems like you've already gotten quite into it! Do you think my mods traits will also be able to activate this hostile attitude in your mod that would be really cool! Looking forward to seeing your work.

10 hours ago, theman221 said:

I think I will wait for you to make your civic mods I don't want to get into your mods territory too much since it seems like you've already gotten quite into it! Do you think my mods traits will also be able to activate this hostile attitude in your mod that would be really cool! Looking forward to seeing your work.

That was actually the main plan behind it.

The civic is pretty much going to be themed as a society that seeks to ensure it's populace isn't "distracted" by open sexuality, and the plan was to give them strong negative opinions towards empires who's leaders have any of the definitively sexual species traits across all of the mods. Enough to nudge them into trying to conquer those empires in a bid to "control" their sexuality.

Of course it naturally has an opposing companion civic that is themed around societies that openly facilitate the sexuality of their citizens, and of course empires with each civic won't get along.

I'm probably going to have a few empire edicts tied to them too that allow you to thematically "fine tune" the empires with these civics, eventually with some random fire events, as a sort of role play addition.

Also, while I still haven't figured out purge mechanics, I did find the events that grant specially themed purge empires their on-purge bonuses. So I may try a workaround for the hive mind civic I have planned that's more story event based than a fully new purge mechanic. Basically when starting to purge a world's population and when finishing purging them it fires little story events, kind of like a vanilla, "lite" version of the need to breed notifications, themed for hive mind purge mechanics specifically.

1 hour ago, Raana said:

That was actually the main plan behind it.

The civic is pretty much going to be themed as a society that seeks to ensure it's populace isn't "distracted" by open sexuality, and the plan was to give them strong negative opinions towards empires who's leaders have any of the definitively sexual species traits across all of the mods. Enough to nudge them into trying to conquer those empires in a bid to "control" their sexuality.

Of course it naturally has an opposing companion civic that is themed around societies that openly facilitate the sexuality of their citizens, and of course empires with each civic won't get along.

I'm probably going to have a few empire edicts tied to them too that allow you to thematically "fine tune" the empires with these civics, eventually with some random fire events, as a sort of role play addition.

Also, while I still haven't figured out purge mechanics, I did find the events that grant specially themed purge empires their on-purge bonuses. So I may try a workaround for the hive mind civic I have planned that's more story event based than a fully new purge mechanic. Basically when starting to purge a world's population and when finishing purging them it fires little story events, kind of like a vanilla, "lite" version of the need to breed notifications, themed for hive mind purge mechanics specifically.

Cool! I'd love to see a xenophilic empire completely focused on assimilating species to interbreed with :smiley: I am actually working on a host of traits that give boosts to pops if they are sharing a planet with multiple species, I think that would go well together!

23 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Cool! I'd love to see a xenophilic empire completely focused on assimilating species to interbreed with :smiley: I am actually working on a host of traits that give boosts to pops if they are sharing a planet with multiple species, I think that would go well together!

I'll have to check out how that feature works, both for bonuses to the hive mind civic, and because I wanted to do cross species stuff with with the original "heat cycle" feature my mod originally started with but sort of got sidelined. So seeing the mechanics might help with that.

Though hive minds aren't really xenophilic (or xenophobic) in the normal sense. So the theme I'm working with at the moment is more along the lines of the species can reproduce normally on its own, but their young gestate better in other organic hosts. So a hive mind that doesn't have the research needed to incorporate another species will essentially use other pops as incubators until they die off (normal purge mechanics with the addition of flavor text notifications). While hive minds that do have the research needed to integrate other species get to permanently keep the incubator bonuses.

The other empires though will have a range of options via edicts for what kinds of sexual encounters are allowed in public, or what restrictions are in place in the other civic type's case.

5 minutes ago, Raana said:

I'll have to check out how that feature works, both for bonuses to the hive mind civic, and because I wanted to do cross species stuff with with the original "heat cycle" feature my mod originally started with but sort of got sidelined. So seeing the mechanics might help with that.

Though hive minds aren't really xenophilic (or xenophobic) in the normal sense. So the theme I'm working with at the moment is more along the lines of the species can reproduce normally on its own, but their young gestate better in other organic hosts. So a hive mind that doesn't have the research needed to incorporate another species will essentially use other pops as incubators until they die off (normal purge mechanics with the addition of flavor text notifications). While hive minds that do have the research needed to integrate other species get to permanently keep the incubator bonuses.

The other empires though will have a range of options via edicts for what kinds of sexual encounters are allowed in public, or what restrictions are in place in the other civic type's case.

Oh when I said assimilate I didn't really mean in the way a hive mind does I really just meant bringing a species into your empire and interbreeding with them xD. My traits are going to make it so that if there are no other pops on the planet the species cannot procreate and will need other species to reproduce with though they won't be killed in the process.

1 minute ago, theman221 said:

Oh when I said assimilate I didn't really mean in the way a hive mind does I really just meant bringing a species into your empire and interbreeding with them xD

Ah, guess I misread that then. One of the customization edicts will probably end up themed in a way to encourage migration / integration.

4 hours ago, 53army said:

Hello, noob here. So how do i trigger this "fucked to death " event. Do i have to start extermination for another species (instead of enslaving)?

First make sure you have the addon file in the downlaod section then your pop needs to have the "need to breed" trait then finally just have your pop with the need to breed trait on a planet with another pop then watch the fireworks! Right now the trait is way op and needs balancing but a new update is coming very soon, in 1 or 2 days hopefully :smiley:

So I've been playing around with this mode for about 12 hours in-game, and I gotta give out some opinions...

Instead of randomly fired events, wouldn't Need to Breed work as a new purging mechanic instead? That way Xenophiles won't accidentally kill off other species for balance purposes. A purging mechanic that's faster that's slower than displacement (25 years at least) and won't get any of the usual purging penalties. Maybe some opinion bonus from Xenophiles(large for Fanatic Xenophiles) and considerable negative opinion from Xenophobes(extreme for Fanatic Xenophobes, like -1000 after a pops get converted, then a declaration of war after 5 pops) because of reasons. 

Since Xenophiles can't purge, they can get a planetary edict version of the original Need to Breed Mechanics, toned down to 25 years. Conditions would be to have at least 1 Need to Breed pop and other pops present in a planet. Migration speed and resettlement from X planet would get extreme penalties(like, impossible levels), and when the 25 years is up, every non-need to breed pop is killed off and replaced by the need to breed pop.

P.S. After re-reading my essay, I noticed that you can just ignore the purging mechanic section and just give the planetary edict to everyone with a need to breed pop, regardless of Ethics.

Just my 2 cents.

@Lifariz Thanks for the suggestions, I was planning to add a large opinion decrease against empires with the need to breed trait. I also don't want the player to have control on whether pops get killed off since pops who have the need to breed trait are basically sex crazed and can't stop fucking. But I was also planning to significantly reduced the speed at which pops were killed off.

Also I am not going to do any significant changes to the need to breed mechanic since I'm working on interbreeding traits that allow you to create hybrids and what not :smiley:. Its almost done so look out for that in the next few days! Hope the rest of the mod is good!

9 minutes ago, Lifariz said:

@theman221

So I finally got to make Synths on my Exo/EoS game and... My Elves fucked my Synths to death... Probably gonna need to limit that mechanic to biologicals...

Just as a side note if you just remove the addon file you can still use the need to breed trait just without the fucking to death feature.