Stuck in CAS again, goshdangittt

Just a regular Sims 3 question.

From one day to the next i get stuck in CAS after planning outfits with the dresser.
One day all is fine, the next i'll have to task manage my way out of the game from CAS.
I got this often recent months.

(I'm in CAS. All is fine. Dressed up my Sim like a million bucks. Hit the check mark, nothing happens. Sim still in his/hers little animations. Can even change some stuff. Check mark lights up under my arrow. Sound of click, but nothing happens. Even after 5 minutes)

I thought that having too much CC was the problem, but that has nothing to do with it.
Cut the amount of CC drastically and now, a couple of weeks later, problem is back.

Resulting in my Sims looking like crap lolol
It is so nikcuf annoying. I could end up throwing my Sims in the dumpster.
I thought that it was a Kinky World issue, but i don't think so.

After Google searches i found posts by decent kids (just kidding) playing the vanilla game with some CC having the same issue.
I never had this issue until a couple of months ago.
Just like some Launcher issues.

Is it that... failsucker Windows 10... maybe ?

Desperate boy is asking for a friend. Am i alone ?

10 hours ago, JoshQ said:

Check you have the latest update

Clear you caches everytime you install or uninstall something for the game (clothes, furnitures, mods, etc)

Try not to use the launcher, use .packages instead

Optimize CAS loading using mastercontroller

Those are just the basics, more info here, here and here

Yes this game is a PITA to mantain, but it´s doable.

Hey thank you, Josh

I will look into all that.
I see some things i wasn't familiar with.

Usually i don't have too many game breaking issues.
This is a weird one. And so flippin random.

Myea. It's Sims 3. :))
EA. It's In The Game.

Btw. My girls love your high heels !

• 3 weeks later...

*Case Solved*

Finally figured out what it was.
After getting rid of almost all pre-made downloadable Sims and 90% of installed CC the game started working again.

As soon as 1 Sim in the game starts using a corrupt piece of CC clothing (after aging up i guess) your whole game could get messed up.
Can be a townie or an NPC.

I hope i can be at help for someone who's experiencing the same thing.
Keep an eye on your CC.
If you're suddenly unable to exit CAS, plus unable to export ANY household in the town, it's corrupt CC.

Yes. CC 99% times could cause issues. Recently after I removed many small .packages (Different objects CC for Lots downloaded from www.thesimsresource.com) I noticed that game not lags that much and loads faster, before that I didn't know that this could cause such slowness.   

But I really wish there was a Mod for Sims 3 to allow it to run in 64-bit mode, so game can use up all PC power and memory, currently main reason why Sims 3 lags is very limited resources that game can use. Sims 4 probably doesn't suffer from this issue, but EA ruined the game. I hope those "bright mind" developers will not work on Sims 5 if it's ever done.

Yeah. I've got a decent PC and i expected Sims 3 to run flawlessly on it.

I was disappointed. And confused, because, why ?

When i'm watching YouTube vids of peops playing without stutters i get jealous lolol.

Anyway, new, even better PC is in the making. 

I even uninstall Sim Worlds i'm currently not using. A lot of them come with extra items, which will stuff the game up even more, like CAS.

I'm playing smarter now.

Got all my unused stuff parked on external storage.

I will add stuff 1 by 1 from now on.

My game is running pretty good at the moment.

Sims 3, i love it so much.

But it can be a headache as well lol

• 9 months later...
On 1/13/2018 at 11:25 PM, Jim Delaware said:

*Case Solved*

Finally figured out what it was.
After getting rid of almost all pre-made downloadable Sims and 90% of installed CC the game started working again.

As soon as 1 Sim in the game starts using a corrupt piece of CC clothing (after aging up i guess) your whole game could get messed up.
Can be a townie or an NPC.

I hope i can be at help for someone who's experiencing the same thing.
Keep an eye on your CC.
If you're suddenly unable to exit CAS, plus unable to export ANY household in the town, it's corrupt CC.

i have the same problem , how did you find the corrupt CC ?

I had to google around a bit, and i believe it was here http://modthesims.info/t/411536 where i kind of found my answer.

Had the problem again tho, and it also had to do with Kinky World.
When a sim is aging up and you get all these notifications of ''KW had to fix your sim'' (i don't know the exact words) and your Birthday party failed because nobody aged up, exit without saving and try again (after deleting all the Cache files).
There is a chance that the exact same sim is aging up just fine.
It's a mystery to me. And i got a feeling that it is for Oniki as well.
So that's 1 thing to keep an eye on.

These days i'm only using 'trustworthy' CC, like Ekinege, Newsea, Nightcrawler, Skysims, Josh his stuff.
And i'm only using hair, cloths and only 2 kinds of nailpolish lol.
But my sims are looking lovely.

There's also a list of bad content, check that out
https://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html
Proven bad shit. I had some as well. Ditch it.
That stuff usually comes with Sims i downloaded.
Some of those Sims are so pretty, but i stay away from them. They are dangerous women lol
I'm creating all my sims myself these days.

Huge pain in the butt, i know.
Deleting the entire game and installing it again, also feels good to me. Total pain in the butt, but i bet it works.
And check your folders after deleting ! 
Last time, in Program Files (x86)-> Origin Games -> The Sims 3 folder was still there, and i couldn't delete it myself even.
I had my AVG go after it and destroyed it.

I feel your pain lol. It's always in the back of my head, so i make backups of my savegames, every Day 1 and Day 4 of my Sim Weeks.
Good Luck.

Archived